We are ALL in this together.....

An elderly priest in Bergamo Italy succumbed to the virus after giving up his respirator for a younger patient.

eating fresh garlic has been shown to help fight infections and boost the immune system ...simply crush a clove peel it and chop it up .then let stand for about 15 to 20 minutes in open air ... i advise all people to look up the anti viral benefits of garlic.

Um, hello? Italy? Garlic?

so please keep any differences to other forums. This is about how we as a people, can help each other thru this crisis and not about pointing fingers. There are plenty of other threads for that.

Do you have any suggestions, thoughts or ideas that may help someone else manage in the face of empty store shelves, quarantines, lock downs , loss of jobs or school and whatever yet may come from this craziness???

Anyone being faced with unexpected challenges have any questions that someone may have an answer for???

Let's open civil discussion about the realities of our basic needs and how to get around any shortages with possible alternatives.

A few things come to mind right off, as it seems to be some of the biggest issues...….empty store shelves. Food, water & paper products.

1. This is early spring and a good time to find out about and get some supplies for gardening. Even those in apartments or HOA's can put a few plants in pots to grow inside. May not be much, but it's a start. Something, anything that you can do for yourself can help put even some food on your table. Also, the act of caring for those plants, can take your mind off why they're needed.
Anyone in a complex or community can maybe get together and go to your landlord, HOA, or property manager to get permission to use a dedicated common area for gardens, or even chickens or goats. Those property managers or owners are more likely to agree if several of you have sat down to make a plan and come to them in agreement. Though sometimes they'll still say no, but it's worth a try.
Another option, is to get with someone that has a larger piece of property or acreage, that you can offer to help with chores in exchange for.????

2. Water??? Meh, that's a tricky one for sure. But there is always water catchment systems for rainwater, that can be used for pet or animals to drink, though you may need to purify or boil it for human consumption. Same goes for other natural water sources such as lakes, ponds, rivers, & streams.

3. Paper products....remember, once upon a time people used cloth to keep themselves and their environments clean. They were washed & sanitized to be used again.

Anyone else??? Other ideas??? Question???

Come on now, I know we can come together as a community group to help each other out in hard times. Leave your attitudes, arguments, trolling, nitpicking, politics, racism, religion, blaming and plain old butt hurt at the door. :2up:
I am trying to stockpile beer...and for the life of me I cannot. I just drink the shit!

Share what people need with them, unless they're trying to take it all from you, then shoot them between the eyes is best bet.

Those who would take deserve to die.

You do not owe anyone anything. They do not owe you anything.

If they come to take what you have, kill them.

That's what I has to say.

If someone needs macaroni tomorrow, that can be done. Maybe.. No promises.

If you try to rob me I bet I can disembowel up to 7. 1 knife, by myself. May be other things cut before the guts n stuff.

This is not to be conflated with those that need help.

Last edited:
Do you have any suggestions, thoughts or ideas that may help someone else manage in the face of empty store shelves, quarantines, lock downs , loss of jobs or school and whatever yet may come from this craziness???
Yes. Let's go back to work, and give everyone over 60 1 million dollars if they self quarantine for 1 year. That's the best way to spend 2 trillion.

Yes. Let's go back to work, and give everyone over 60 1 million dollars if they self quarantine for 1 year. That's the best way to spend 2 trillion.
How did you arrive at that?

Share what people need with them, unless they're trying to take it all from you, then shoot them between the eyes is best bet.

If you try to rob me I bet I can disembowel up to 7. 1 knife, by myself. May be other things cut before the guts n stuff.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
It's not rocket surgery to ascertain you are not like me. Don't be hatin'!

I got 3 hellacious shots and 4 heavy duty knife swings. Which of those would anyone like to catch?

How many people are you ready to help?
Huh? 8-9? Gimme a number, punk, since you wanna talk shit.

Wtf? Zero? You don't wanna help anyone else? 'Sup with that?
This is not my 1st round in this rodeo. I got like 6-7 -up already, k?

Last edited:
If you can get your hands on a windfall of some food type that doesn't store well. Yes you can share with others, but also look into how to preserve it for later use. Even something such as garlic can be fermented for months.

Eggs is another one to keeping them 'fresh' longer. I've heard of good results by keeping them in a bucket(?) or some type of large container in water along with (I don't remember, but think it was either salt or lye?)

You all can look it up to find whatever methods work best for you,
Lime. It's called glassing...

Forum List

Back