What are You DOING???

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I am an old, retired bastard, but I have stuff I do every week.

I drive a courtesy bus for "Seniors" (most of whom are younger than me) on Tuesdays. I bowl on Tuesday evenings, Fridays, and every other Sunday. This time of year I golf whenever the weather allows. I go to the gym three times a week. I go to church on Saturday evening. We join another couple for dinner out a couple times a week. Every other week I have lunch with a friend who still works.

Can't do NONE of that now. None of it. All bowling leagues have cancelled the remainder of their seasons, and the lanes are closed. Golf league is totally up in the air, and all the golf courses are closed (which I think is incredibly stupid). The shuttle bus is shut down indefinitely. Restaurants are closed. No more Mass on Saturday or Sunday. Gym is closed.

Today, I played on the internet for a couple hours. Took a LONG walk. Took a nap. Finished my Kindle-book. Ate. Ate again. Ate again. Took another nap. Did some push-ups. Listened to depressing news of my incredibly-shrinking retirement savings.

Not much fun.

I wish I knew when it was going to end.

What are YOU doing?

Working on new bio weapons in my spare time ...

I'm drawing some modular electric and voice/data diagrams for an upcoming a reconfig in one window and posting in the other window here and there whenever I take a little break from it.

Same stuff, different day.

I am laughing at the mindless herd as they panic buy truckloads of toilet paper, spam, bottled water, and canned corn. Meanwhile I am judiciously buying equities at deep discounts.

I am mostly staying home, avoiding crowds, washing my hands. And I am watching my favorite movies. I am staying away from the news!

I drive a courtesy bus for "Seniors" (most of whom are younger than me) on Tuesdays. I bowl on Tuesday evenings, Fridays, and every other Sunday. This time of year I golf whenever the weather allows. I go to the gym three times a week. I go to church on Saturday evening. We join another couple for dinner out a couple times a week. Every other week I have lunch with a friend who still works.

Can't do NONE of that now. None of it. All bowling leagues have cancelled the remainder of their seasons, and the lanes are closed. Golf league is totally up in the air, and all the golf courses are closed (which I think is incredibly stupid). The shuttle bus is shut down indefinitely. Restaurants are closed. No more Mass on Saturday or Sunday. Gym is closed.

Today, I played on the internet for a couple hours. Took a LONG walk. Took a nap. Finished my Kindle-book. Ate. Ate again. Ate again. Took another nap. Did some push-ups. Listened to depressing news of my incredibly-shrinking retirement savings.

Not much fun.

What are YOU doing?
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like we are totally screwed now.

Not much fun.

What are YOU doing?

Not much yet. When I get coronavirus though, I plan to protect my friends and neighbors by doing all my shopping and eating out in the town next door though.

I'm attaching loose rolls of toilet paper to my car and driving around, just to watch the rear-view mirror.

Not much fun.

What are YOU doing?

Not much yet. When I get coronavirus though, I plan to protect my friends and neighbors by doing all my shopping and eating out in the town next door though.

When I get corona, I plan on traveling to LA and shaking hands with everyone I meet.

Not much fun.

What are YOU doing?

Buy yourself a decent bicycle, one with quick release on both the front and back wheels, get some cycling gear, a computer for your bike, and a helmet. Then, on days that are nice enough to go golfing, take a ride around your neighborhood for a couple of miles.

Been riding bicycles for the past 30 years or so now, and I can tell you that it's an excellent way to clear your head and get a positive perspective.

Best part? If you have a couple of people riding with you, general safety requires you to keep at least 3 ft. away from others so you don't crash, so you can meet the social distancing quite nicely.

Not much fun.

What are YOU doing?
Well, I'll be doing much more book reading, hopefully. I tend to spend WAY too much time on my computer, which I'm doing right at this moment. I have about 4 or 5 books I'm reading now that I haven't finished. Hopefully I WILL finish them the next couple weeks.

Not much fun.

What are YOU doing?
Still working on the hotel renovation that was started two months ago...Rumor has it that they're going to pull the crew out after the floor we're currently working on now is finished....Though I tend to doubt it because all the materials have been ordered, and are either on site or in short term storage.....Is strongly suspect that all this year's remaining projects will be put on indefinite hold.

So it's then back to the Wisco tree ranch, where I'll have 50 acres of woods to keep me occupied...Build some models, go fishing, play golf(?), ride the motorbike, read some books....Pretty normal stuff.

Going to work. Gov sounds like he is going to shut all the restaurants. Senate should cancel his Huge bonding bill cause they are going to need elsewhere.

Our local government in its infinite wisdom has closed down the schools, city sports events, parks, etc.

Even though there hasn't been a reported case of corona virus within 500 miles. ... :cuckoo: .. :lol:

I'm on USMB posting very interesting and knowledgeable stuff
and reading very interesting stuff on USMB

Not much fun.

What are YOU doing?
Maybe you could visit one of Fat Donnies' restaurants or golf courses? I bet they stay open. Hmmm.

Forum List

Back