Watched somebody die today

I'm not exactly sure yet. I know it was a girl, but I didn't recognize the car. I stopped and got out to see what I could maybe do, and so did plenty of other people, but when I saw the "parts" laying in the street I had to leave. There was obviously no rescue work to be done at that point.

I'm still waiting for the local news to update the story, it's only a couple sentences about the accident happening. Nothing specific.

Was she going fast?

I didn't see the initial impact because a pickup truck was in front of me and it kind of blocked the beginning of the accident, but dude, she must have been going fast as hell for the car to be completely split into 2 halves. I've never seen anything like that before.

When I was a teenager I volunteered for my local fire dept, and one of my first calls ever was a triple fatality car accident. I was one of the guys who stabilized the vehicle so it could be cut apart. That was pretty nasty, and apparently the vehicle did like 15 flips before it snapped a telephone pole halfway up. But that vehicle was still one piece.

This was totally different. Plus, with that other one, they were already dead when I got there. This time, I witnessed the last seconds of the girl's life. There's something really morbid about that.

Real life is surely a lot different than the internet, eh?

I see where you got out to see if there was anything you could do. :clap2:

but seriously dude, man up. I can't believe you've gone through life and this is the first thing like this you've seen. I thought you were a citified tough guy.

:eusa_whistle:

like i said earlier... it will pass.
trust me on this one
:cool:

One of those in the wrong place at the wrong time things.

Really bad car accident. The car flipped up into the air and then rolled a bunch of times into a tree, where it was promptly severed into 2 pieces.

Sadly, so was the person.

I'm still not right.

Tough one Paulie, and if that was your first, the memory will stick with you for awhile, but it will fade. I used to work in hospitals some time back and at times was on the front lines in emergency or radiology when they would bring in people--car wrecks, motorcyles accidents, bad burns, falls, one guy got run over with a Cat, etc.--and a lot of them didn't make it. It was terribly hard at first. I eventually got used to the blood and mangled bones and flesh so I could deal with that. I never got used to hearing them in pain though.

At least it sounds as if it was quick and painless for this victim. And, if he had to die, at least quick and painless is a blessing.

Having a medical background, I've seen lots of people die. It's never an easy thing to witness. Sorry you had to witness this kind of thing especially when you were not expecting it.

You know what bugs me the most about people dying in accidents?

She woke up this morning alive, and had no idea that she'd end the day dead.

That's what bugs me.

why does that bug you? do you think people should know ahead of time that they are going to fuck up and kill themselves in an avoidable accident?

That's what bugs me.

why does that bug you? do you think people should know ahead of time that they are going to fuck up and kill themselves in an avoidable accident?

sure----like I said--two minutes is only fair

That's what bugs me.

sure----like I said--two minutes is only fair

I think Paulie is only trying to out faggot everyone else.

:eusa_whistle:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/110021-tea-party-protests-ni-er-faggot-shouted-at-members-of-congress.html

What is up with http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/bfgrn.html and the huffpost Tea Party Protests: 'Ni**er,' 'Fa**ot' Shouted At Members Of Congress, that they censor one insult but not another?

More Progressive Politics.

and some people wonder why I despise most progressives and their policies?

PC World, is more than just a magazine.
Stop being a faggot dev.

Really bad car accident. The car flipped up into the air and then rolled a bunch of times into a tree, where it was promptly severed into 2 pieces.

I'm still not right.

I don't think it will ever go away completely...I feel for the family that will have a squad car in their driveway...and the message that there is no hope to cling to or pray for...

It's sad

Rough Bro..Life is much shorter then we all realize but it's still an awful experience to lose someone or watch someone die..
Good luck with clearing you're mind out.

I'm still not right.

I don't think it will ever go away completely...I feel for the family that will have a squad car in their driveway...and the message that there is no hope to cling to or pray for...

It's sad

It is sad and it's a part of life. It happens every day. We live in denial.

sucks, but at the same time, we all love risk.'
:cool:

It sucks to watch something like that, I have seen a few bad accidents. One when I was a kid really disturbed me.
Last year this lady hit her husband on accident with the car in the garage down the street from me, and the brought in a helicopter he was so bad. I watched them wheel him out, but half way to the copter they stopped and went back to the house. Pretty sure the guy died at the moment.

It was ruled an accident but they had been married for 40 years or something, I think the guy was giving her driving directions and she just had enough.

I'm still not right.

Aw, that's never easy. I worked in a hospital.The first death I saw there was in the ER, and it was a neighbors husband, one Thanksgiving morning. A car accident is such a violent and unexpected death. I'm sorry you had to see that.

I'm still not right.

It'll pass. I've seen them up close.

btw, your pain is nothing compared to those who knew the person.

Yours is all about the denial of death, mortality.

I thought you were a tough guy. :lol:

note: full disclosure...I worked in the Funeral industry for a short period of time.

Sometimes it's just better to STFU and say nothing..

You know?

My sons were working one harvest and they saw a woman killed in front of them. She came over the hill at about 80mph, bottomed out at the bottom of the hill, then lost control of the big old sedan which went end over end about three times. She went out the back window and her head clipped the back of the car, instant death.

She was someone they knew.

They never forgot it, and I think it brought home to them how deadly vehicles can be...and how fragile life is.

Liver every day and every minute as though it's your last. That's a good thing to do I realize more and more the older I get. It could all end at any time, for anyone. Don't wait to tell those you love how much you appreciate them and love because if you do, the opportunity might be lost.

And what's with Dante? That's some weird shit...

Forum List

Back