Watch Tucker Carlson Lose It After Bill Nye Takes Him To School On Climate Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess you missed the video. Newsbusters did not make a fake video.
"Nye could not give a specific answer to what Carlson asked for and only managed to answer “to a degree that it’s a very serious problem in the next few decades.”

"Carlson tried six different times to get Nye to be more specific about the relative impact of human activity on the climate. Seemingly frustrated, Nye claimed that humans are “100 percent” responsible for the change in climate that we may be witnessing.

"To Carlson’s last attempt at the question, Nye asserted that “the climate would be like it was in 1750” if not for human actions but offered no scientific evidence to back up his claim. He didn’t offer specifics on how he determined that exact date.

"Earlier that day, Nye sat down with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders for a “conversation about climate change” on Facebook Live. The former Democratic presidential candidate mentioned that he has colleagues who believe that the earth may be getting warmer but are skeptical of human’s exact involvement. He asked Nye to tell him “why they are wrong.”

"Just like with Carlson, Nye simply stated “Well, the science is settled everybody, sorry.” Feeling satisfied with this answer, he moved on to bashing Fox News for “crossing the line” by questioning climate change.

"Later in the interview, Sanders asked Nye the same question but again received the same rhetoric that Carlson got but Sanders did not press him on the issue. Nye just stated that “there’s overwhelming proof. Proof isn’t even the word. It’s overwhelming evidence.”

"Sanders didn’t press Nye for his idea of locking up climate critics. Carlson had questioned Nye for, in April of 2016, actually suggesting that climate critics could be prosecuted for their beliefs. Nye was disinterested in elaborating on his comments with Carlson.

"After Nye refused to give specific and substantial answers to his questions, Carlson argued that Nye was just playing politics. “You’re not a scientist. You’re a popularizer” Carlson said “So much of this you don’t know. You pretend that you know, but you don’t know, and you bully people who ask you questions.”

Latest Posts
Newsbusters = fake news.

Bill Nye has a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and took an astronomy class taught by Carl Sagan. He played a science teacher in a Disney movie. He is as qualified to talk about climate as Sarah Palin.

59303372.jpg
59303372.jpg
What WINTER? Winter is disappearing like the icecaps, and all the snark deniers spew wont change the acts.

Yeah weather changes.

For example, when the dinosaurs roamed the earth..there were no ice packs.

And when England was in the making, there was an ice age.

Hard to keep track of all the perfectly natural, normal climate changes there have been so many.

And none of them caused by coal.

"Nye could not give a specific answer to what Carlson asked for and only managed to answer “to a degree that it’s a very serious problem in the next few decades.”

"Carlson tried six different times to get Nye to be more specific about the relative impact of human activity on the climate. Seemingly frustrated, Nye claimed that humans are “100 percent” responsible for the change in climate that we may be witnessing.

"To Carlson’s last attempt at the question, Nye asserted that “the climate would be like it was in 1750” if not for human actions but offered no scientific evidence to back up his claim. He didn’t offer specifics on how he determined that exact date.

"Earlier that day, Nye sat down with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders for a “conversation about climate change” on Facebook Live. The former Democratic presidential candidate mentioned that he has colleagues who believe that the earth may be getting warmer but are skeptical of human’s exact involvement. He asked Nye to tell him “why they are wrong.”

"Just like with Carlson, Nye simply stated “Well, the science is settled everybody, sorry.” Feeling satisfied with this answer, he moved on to bashing Fox News for “crossing the line” by questioning climate change.

"Later in the interview, Sanders asked Nye the same question but again received the same rhetoric that Carlson got but Sanders did not press him on the issue. Nye just stated that “there’s overwhelming proof. Proof isn’t even the word. It’s overwhelming evidence.”

"Sanders didn’t press Nye for his idea of locking up climate critics. Carlson had questioned Nye for, in April of 2016, actually suggesting that climate critics could be prosecuted for their beliefs. Nye was disinterested in elaborating on his comments with Carlson.

"After Nye refused to give specific and substantial answers to his questions, Carlson argued that Nye was just playing politics. “You’re not a scientist. You’re a popularizer” Carlson said “So much of this you don’t know. You pretend that you know, but you don’t know, and you bully people who ask you questions.”

Latest Posts
Denier cult BS that has nothing to do with what everybody can see actually happened in that interview.

I am not going to indulge in pointless debates. 2+2=4, and only a fool or an idiot and lives in a bubble would argue the facts. I am over 55, I can't pretend the long term weather changes in the last 25 years or so are just a fleeing illusion caused by liberals...

LOL The moron thinks all warming since 1750 is man caused... Tell me again how you all stopped natural variation and the sun...

Since Bill Nye never said that, you only reveal, once again, the depths of your moronic incomprehension of pretty much everything, boober.

Do you think throwing money at it can stop climate change? Buying carbon credits?
I am not going to indulge in pointless debates. 2+2=4, and only a fool or an idiot and lives in a bubble would argue the facts. I am over 55, I can't pretend the long term weather changes in the last 25 years or so are just a fleeing illusion caused by liberals...

Latest Posts
Denier cult BS that has nothing to do with what everybody can see actually happened in that interview.
Nye got his ass handed to him... And it was funny as hell to watch..

Er..the last ice age was not tens of thousands of years ago.

Your ignorance is astounding!

The last glacial period, popularly known as the Ice Age, was the most recent glacial period, which occurred from c. 110,000 – c. 11,700 years ago. - Wikipedia

Yes, and I asked you in the other thread you abandoned, what happened to all that ice? You insulted me and made the claim that ice doesn't melt between ice ages. I find this interesting because, where are the 3-mile-thick ice sheets covering most of North America? I always assumed, whenever we move out of an ice age into an interglacial period, the ice melts. This would explain why we currently experience ice shelves melting.

Since this totally destroys your talking point, you hurl a few insults at me then go start a new thread to repeat your nonsense. You can run but you can't hide. What happened to all the ice from the last ice age?

The study of climate on a global scale, is just too new for anyone to make sweeping conclusions about what's causing change at any given moment. To hear some of these kooks tell it; mans existence alone ended the ice age and killed of all the mega fauna.

Well, in our defense, mega fauna was delicious.

the long term weather changes in the last 25 years

I think I see your problem.

LOL The moron thinks all warming since 1750 is man caused... Tell me again how you all stopped natural variation and the sun...

Since Bill Nye never said that, you only reveal, once again, the depths of your moronic incomprehension of pretty much everything, boober.

its in your own dam clip! cognitive dissonance much?

Nope! You fail miserably at comprehension, boober.

Nye was answering Carlson's question about what the current climate on Earth would be like if mankind had not added 45% more carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, and he said that it would be much like the climate in England in 1750. That does NOT mean, as you idiotically misunderstood, that "all warming since 1750 is man caused".

Yeah....she understands the science and can recognize the changes she sees in the world around her.

That is a big problem for you denier cult dupes and your demented denial of reality when ordinary people start to really observe what is happening.

Last edited:

Yeah....she understands the science and can recognize the changes she sees in the world around her.

That is a problem for you denier cult dupes and your demented denial of reality.

Yeah, she thinks 25 years can show you long term changes.
That's why I'm laughing.

Nye said that thanks to humans, there will never be another Ice Age.
What do you think about his claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back