Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030

You don't need to get approved for an auto loan to buy gasoline. A lot of low-income people won't qualify or they will need to pay exorbitant interest rates, but I'm sure none of that ever crossed your mind. Additionally, the cost of gasoline fluctuates. This isn't the first time we've had expensive gas. It will eventually fall in price again just as it has several times before erasing any advantage in buying an electric vehicle at that moment.

In any case, I doubt very much this mandate, nor the the one in California, is going to succeed because they will never have the infrastructure in place to meet their timeline and the people are ultimately going to revolt against it once it draws near and they'll backtrack or delay it.

Why do you think Washington State doesn't have the infrastructure to handle the extra load? ...

We don't smelt aluminum, I say that to be funny, we have to use an electrolytic process, and BPA juice is cheap ... so Washington State has enough infrastructure in place to handle the extra load ... my understanding is that EVs can be charged off residential services, which should all be 200 amp by now ...

Besides ... with only 10% of passenger vehicles left, their grid should have no problem with all EVs ... BPA juice is cheap ...

uh huh... that's nice.

It is. If you ever actually want to have some useful phrases when you try this game on someone with less education just ask. I'll provide some to you so you can fake it better because right now you are just "phoning it in" and it's pretty easy to see through it.

Let me know if you need some help.

As has the price of all the automobiles. In fact, in the US the average cost of a new care is $47,000. The price of a Tesla Model Y long range is $63,000. Given the cost of gasoline, you can easily make back the difference in cost in about 3 years.

The cool thing is that you don't have to go with Model Y. The Chevy Bolt and Tesla Model 3 BOTH come in leess than the average new car cost there you posted.

EV is a great option. I'm loving mine.

It is. If you ever actually want to have some useful phrases when you try this game on someone with less education just ask. I'll provide some to you so you can fake it better because right now you are just "phoning it in" and it's pretty easy to see through it.

Let me know if you need some help.
I'm happy enough knowing that any person who has ever run a business or had to do any economic analysis or any accountant who understands tangible/intangible capital and expense costs will totally see how you did not know the first thing about what you posted in support of your position that oil companies have been massively subsidized.

I'm happy enough knowing that any person who has ever run a business or had to do any economic analysis or any accountant who understands tangible/intangible capital and expense costs will totally see how you did not know the first thing about what you posted in support of your position that oil companies have been massively subsidized.

So you disagree with the experts in this field too?

Got it.

You are a petroleum engineer who doesn't know anything about the fields you worked, now you are an economist who disagrees with the world's experts.

Wow. Battin' a thousand there.

Oil barges don't pay Mississippi River tolls ... the bitches ... making the Middle Class pay extra taxes so BIG OIL gets a FREE RIDE ... dammit, now my nose is bleeding again ...

So you disagree with the experts in this field too?

Got it.

You are a petroleum engineer who doesn't know anything about the fields you worked, now you are an economist who disagrees with the world's experts.

Wow. Battin' a thousand there.
Why don't you tell me how tangible and intangible capital costs are handled? In fact, why don't you explain the difference between capital costs and costs which are expensed ?

Why don't you tell me how tangible and intangible capital costs are handled? In fact, why don't you explain the difference between capital costs and costs which are expensed ?

I don't have to do anything. I let the experts speak. You disagree with THEM. I'm not part of this.

I assume you may actually be a business person (you aren't a scientist or engineer by any stretch) so you might know something about accounting. That's not my area. Which is why I go with what the experts say.

And given that you previously tried to pass yourself off as a petroleum engineer and that was shown to be a joke, I'm not inclined to give your opinion on accounting any more credit. Again, not my area. (And probably not yours either).

I don't have to do anything. I let the experts speak. You disagree with THEM. I'm not part of this.

I assume you may actually be a business person (you aren't a scientist or engineer by any stretch) so you might know something about accounting. That's not my area. Which is why I go with what the experts say.

And given that you previously tried to pass yourself off as a petroleum engineer and that was shown to be a joke, I'm not inclined to give your opinion on accounting any more credit. Again, not my area. (And probably not yours either).
Which is why you posted something you didn't understand and can't see how it does not prove your point even after I explained why several times.

Which is why you posted something you didn't understand and can't see how it does not prove your point even after I explained why several times.

LOL.

You think you are going to explain anything to me when the experts disagree with you???

LOL.

You tried your shot with the fake petroleum sh*t, now you want me to believe YOU on accounting? LOL. Sorry. Not gonna happen fakeboy.

This is hilarious. Next you'll tell us you're an expert gynecologist! LOLOLOL.

One of an ever increasing number. Solar continues to get less costly, and with battery backups, can even be a major source of electrical generation for communities.

That is awesome!!!

How much will solar and enough battery backup for a cloudy, snowy February in Chicago, cost?

That is awesome!!!

How much will solar and enough battery backup for a cloudy, snowy February in Chicago, cost?
Less in the long run than a fossil fuel system with the same capacity. And it won't emit any GHGs. Or soot. Or carbon monoxide, nitrous oxide or heavy metals. But then, you already knew that.

Less in the long run than a fossil fuel system with the same capacity. And it won't emit any GHGs. Or soot. Or carbon monoxide, nitrous oxide or heavy metals. But then, you already knew that.

Less in the long run than a fossil fuel system with the same capacity.

Long run? LOL!

And it won't emit any GHGs. Or soot. Or carbon monoxide, nitrous oxide or heavy metals.

None of that is produced when making the batteries or the solar panels?

But then, you already knew that.

So how much is it gonna cost?

Less in the long run than a fossil fuel system with the same capacity.

Long run? LOL!

Less moving parts. Lower temperatures., far less concerns about leaks or failures in liquid cooling and lubrication systems. So, yeah, the long run.

And it won't emit any GHGs. Or soot. Or carbon monoxide, nitrous oxide or heavy metals.

None of that is produced when making the batteries or the solar panels?

No more than is produced making ICE powered vehicles. And, of course, nothing thereafter.

But then, you already knew that.

So how much is it gonna cost?

No such thing as a free lunch.

Less moving parts. Lower temperatures., far less concerns about leaks or failures in liquid cooling and lubrication systems. So, yeah, the long run.

No more than is produced making ICE powered vehicles. And, of course, nothing thereafter.

Or a useful lunch, when it comes to green energy.

Forum List

Back