Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030

Another truly dumb fuck. Presently, in the US, electricity is produced by 20% renewables, 20% nuclear, 20% coal, and 40% natural gas. And renewables are rapidly gaining, as 83% of new generation installed in 2021 was renewables. The reason is economics, it is the least costly form of new generation. The range of EV's is steadily climbing, and will soon exceed what you can get out of a standard gas tank.

1651040641122.png

By 2025, EV's will be about the same price as comparable ICE vehicles, but have better performance, last longer, and have greater range. They will not have to subsidize them, even today, most of Tesla's models are sold out months ahead of their production, even as the big plant in Austin is coming online. Same goes for most EV's other manufacturers are producing.

You have been spewing that for years.

Still no decrease in prices. In fact the cost of EV's has RISEN.

Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030, according to a newly signed bill by Gov. Jay Inslee.

The bill says that all vehicles of the model year 2030 or later that are sold, purchased, or registered in the state must be electric.

"On or before December 31, 2023, the interagency electric vehicle coordinating council ... shall complete a scoping plan for achieving the 2030 target," it reads.

The bill covers a lot of transportation issues in the state and is a part of a larger $16.9 billion transportation package called “Move Ahead Washington," which Inslee described as a way to create more efficient transportation options.

"Transportation is our state’s largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. There is no way to talk about climate change without talking about transportation," Inslee said. "This package will move us away from the transportation system our grandparents imagined and towards the transportation system our grandchildren dream of."

My Gawd, what a bunch of tards.....There's a damn good reason a U-Haul is near 5K to get out of that state.
I'm sure the oil industry will sue them on that one. I doubt it is constitutional.

You have been spewing that for years.

Still no decrease in prices. In fact the cost of EV's has RISEN.
As has the price of all the automobiles. In fact, in the US the average cost of a new care is $47,000. The price of a Tesla Model Y long range is $63,000. Given the cost of gasoline, you can easily make back the difference in cost in about 3 years.

he could have not signed it. Or don't you think that is an option? What if I buy a gas car in another state and drive it there? Am I allowed in? Not sure why I'd go there, but there is that.

Who will provide all of the vehicles? Will there be enough?
Tesla will likely produce a million EV's this year, and maybe twice that next year. And many other manufactures are producing them now, here in the US, Europe, and China.

Bah Humbug ... we've hydro coming out our collective asses here ... free charging at businesses all around the state ... plus the wind ...

The installation of these facilities isn't carbon-neutral, but the production of energy doesn't produce any CO2 ... just bouillabaisse ...
The installation of gas, coal, and nuclear generation also produce GHG's. And then gas and coal continue to produce GHG's, coal and nuclear also produce toxic solid wastes. Wind, solar, and hydro produce little pollution of any sort after the initial installation.

I don't believe you are a bad person because you say you put solar on your house and you say you drive an EV. I think you are a bad person for totally different reasons.

Why? Because I know more about the imaginary petroleum job you claim to have? OK.

You mean the people that are buying EV's far faster than they can be produced?
and it is still less than ICE vehicles. People can't get any because of backorders. The volume will never be there. EVER.

Hybrid's will be the car to buy.

As has the price of all the automobiles. In fact, in the US the average cost of a new care is $47,000. The price of a Tesla Model Y long range is $63,000. Given the cost of gasoline, you can easily make back the difference in cost in about 3 years.
You do know that electricity costs $ also, right?

I'm sure the oil industry will sue them on that one. I doubt it is constitutional.

The courts have repeatedly ruled that driving on public streets is a privilege, not a right ... the legislature can and does tell you what to drive ... don't like it, don't drive ... simple as that ...

I'm still angry over having to retrofit PCV valves ... what a waste of money that was ... you just can't do that to a 1965 Fair Lady and not see a reduction in performance ... of course the draft tube went back on as soon as I was around the corner from the smog checkpoint ...

You don't need to get approved for an auto loan to buy gasoline. A lot of low-income people won't qualify or they will need to pay exorbitant interest rates, but I'm sure none of that ever crossed your mind. Additionally, the cost of gasoline fluctuates. This isn't the first time we've had expensive gas. It will eventually fall in price again just as it has several times before erasing any advantage in buying an electric vehicle at that moment.

In any case, I doubt very much this mandate, nor the the one in California, is going to succeed because they will never have the infrastructure in place to meet their timeline and the people are ultimately going to revolt against it once it draws near and they'll backtrack or delay it.

You don't need to get approved for an auto loan to buy gasoline. A lot of low-income people won't qualify or they will need to pay exorbitant interest rates, but I'm sure none of that ever crossed your mind. Additionally, the cost of gasoline fluctuates. This isn't the first time we've had expensive gas. It will eventually fall in price again just as it has several times before erasing any advantage in buying an electric vehicle at that moment.

In any case, I doubt very much this mandate, nor the the one in California, is going to succeed because they will never have the infrastructure in place to meet their timeline and the people are ultimately going to revolt against it once it draws near and they'll backtrack or delay it.
The price of gasoline is determined by the intersection of supply and demand

Gasoline prices are skyrocketing because Joke Biden has drastically reduced the supply of oil by closing the XL pipeline and banning drilling for oil on federal lands. It's part of his green new deal plan. He banned drilling in Alaska, too. His bans caused the loss of 11,000 jobs. Unless the supply is restored, prices will not go down.

Forum List

Back