Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030

Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030, according to a newly signed bill by Gov. Jay Inslee.

The bill says that all vehicles of the model year 2030 or later that are sold, purchased, or registered in the state must be electric.

"On or before December 31, 2023, the interagency electric vehicle coordinating council ... shall complete a scoping plan for achieving the 2030 target," it reads.

The bill covers a lot of transportation issues in the state and is a part of a larger $16.9 billion transportation package called “Move Ahead Washington," which Inslee described as a way to create more efficient transportation options.

"Transportation is our state’s largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. There is no way to talk about climate change without talking about transportation," Inslee said. "This package will move us away from the transportation system our grandparents imagined and towards the transportation system our grandchildren dream of."

My Gawd, what a bunch of tards.....There's a damn good reason a U-Haul is near 5K to get out of that state.
I paid >$7K to get from Washington to SD. I'd have paid twice that. Everyone I talk to here in South Dakota knows someone who has escaped the Left Coast in favor of one of the Dakotas.

What reasoning did you employ to come to that conclusion?
Because you leftists can't reason you base you views on feelings. You leftists believe inanimate objects kill people. You leftists believe whatever feels good do it regradless of the consequences.

Because you leftists can't reason you base you views on feelings. You leftists believe inanimate objects kill people. You leftists believe whatever feels good do it regradless of the consequences.
So... Do you believe your two contentions are true for everyone that could reasonably be categorized as a leftist?

Well then, clear enough. All of them, eh? But, I have to ask, how is it there are any still alive? Wouldn't they all have knocked themselves off by now by walking in front of busses or drinking bleach or stepping on Superman's cape or the like? It's not easy to get by with no ability to reason.

Well then, clear enough. All of them, eh? But, I have to ask, how is it there are any still alive? Wouldn't they all have knocked themselves off by now by walking in front of busses or drinking bleach or stepping on Superman's cape or the like? It's not easy to get by with no ability to reason.
Leftists can't reason you can't help it because you aren't wire mentally to reason.

Well... one of us isn't reasoning very well. Did you have anything to say about Washington state banning most ICE-powered vehicles?

They have already banned cars using leaded gasoline. Where's the new power?

They're not banning gasoline, they're banning new gasoline cars.
I'm sorry Todd, but I don't see this as a violation of anyone's civil rights and a perfectly rational, justified and intelligent thing for the state to do. I think all states should enact similar legislation. My response to those upset by this is "Get a life". There's way more important things to worry about in this world than how your car gets down the road. And as they say, your right to swing your arms ends at the tip of my nose. The same logic can be applied to the exhaust of your automobile.

I'm sorry Todd, but I don't see this as a violation of anyone's civil rights and a perfectly rational, justified and intelligent thing for the state to do. I think all states should enact similar legislation. My response to those upset by this is "Get a life". There's way more important things to worry about in this world than how your car gets down the road. And as they say, your right to swing your arms ends at the tip of my nose. The same logic can be applied to the exhaust of your automobile.

I'm sorry Todd, but I don't see this as a violation of anyone's civil rights

I didn't say it was a civil rights violation.

a perfectly rational, justified and intelligent thing for the state to do.

Not really.

I think all states should enact similar legislation.

Of course you do. Like most liberals, you can't think beyond stage one.

And as they say, your right to swing your arms ends at the tip of my nose. The same logic can be applied to the exhaust of your automobile.

More rolling blackouts, coming to a state near you!

I'm sorry Todd, but I don't see this as a violation of anyone's civil rights

I didn't say it was a civil rights violation.

Then what is your objection?

a perfectly rational, justified and intelligent thing for the state to do.

Not really.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point

I think all states should enact similar legislation.

Of course you do. Like most liberals, you can't think beyond stage one.

"Like most liberals". Pretty disappointing Todd

And as they say, your right to swing your arms ends at the tip of my nose. The same logic can be applied to the exhaust of your automobile.

More rolling blackouts, coming to a state near you!

Why? Florida has a very robust power grid with a large and growing portion supplied by PV panels. Keeping the lights on during hurricanes has trained Florida Power and Light very well. I think we are #1 in keeping the lights on (however that is measured) in the 50 states.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point

Why? Florida has a very robust power grid with a large and growing portion supplied by PV panels. Keeping the lights on during hurricanes has trained Florida Power and Light very well. I think we are #1 in keeping the lights on (however that is measured) in the 50 states.

Stupid government overreach is stupid.

Yes, most liberals are.

Why? Florida has a very robust power grid with a large and growing portion supplied by PV panels.

Is Florida mandating EVs? Or do you not understand what I meant?

Stupid government overreach is stupid.

Just what do you mean by "overreach" Todd? Were mandatory seat belts overreach? Was the Montreal Protocol banning CFCs overreach? Airbages? Social Security? Medicare? Food Stamps? Minimum wage? Child labor laws? The creation of the FDA? The EPA? Trump deploying the National Guard in response to the George Floyd protests? How does it differ from "a policy I don't like"?

Yes, most liberals are.

You're sounding like a 7th grader Todd.

Why? Florida has a very robust power grid with a large and growing portion supplied by PV panels.

Is Florida mandating EVs? Or do you not understand what I meant?

Apparently not. If you think banning ICE vehicles will lead to rolling blackouts, I'm afraid you'll have to explain.

Forum List

Back