Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030, according to a newly signed bill by Gov. Jay Inslee.

The bill says that all vehicles of the model year 2030 or later that are sold, purchased, or registered in the state must be electric.

"On or before December 31, 2023, the interagency electric vehicle coordinating council ... shall complete a scoping plan for achieving the 2030 target," it reads.

The bill covers a lot of transportation issues in the state and is a part of a larger $16.9 billion transportation package called “Move Ahead Washington," which Inslee described as a way to create more efficient transportation options.

"Transportation is our state’s largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. There is no way to talk about climate change without talking about transportation," Inslee said. "This package will move us away from the transportation system our grandparents imagined and towards the transportation system our grandchildren dream of."

My Gawd, what a bunch of tards.....There's a damn good reason a U-Haul is near 5K to get out of that state.

Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030, according to a newly signed bill by Gov. Jay Inslee.

The bill says that all vehicles of the model year 2030 or later that are sold, purchased, or registered in the state must be electric.

"On or before December 31, 2023, the interagency electric vehicle coordinating council ... shall complete a scoping plan for achieving the 2030 target," it reads.

The bill covers a lot of transportation issues in the state and is a part of a larger $16.9 billion transportation package called “Move Ahead Washington," which Inslee described as a way to create more efficient transportation options.

"Transportation is our state’s largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. There is no way to talk about climate change without talking about transportation," Inslee said. "This package will move us away from the transportation system our grandparents imagined and towards the transportation system our grandchildren dream of."

My Gawd, what a bunch of tards.....There's a damn good reason a U-Haul is near 5K to get out of that state.
As Virginians we should be thanking WA for being the guinea pigs for this. If it works, the rest of us will follow. If it fails, we all learn something at WA's expense.

Thanks Washington.

It will be amusing to watch the serfs revolt as they begin to starve.

Idiots. Are they going to buy every low-income person a $50,000 EV, or just make them walk to work?

By 2030 EV's are going to be $100k at the LOWEST price.

1648391406956.png

Thats fine for government vehicles, I think all government and public service vehicles should be made electric.
That doesn't mean they have the right to tell other people what they can and cannot buy/drive for their own personal vehicles. I don't want no freeking Barbie car!!! For one major point, I'm TOO FUCKING TALL FOR THEM!

Thats fine for government vehicles, I think all government and public service vehicles should be made electric.
That doesn't mean they have the right to tell other people what they can and cannot buy/drive for their own personal vehicles. I don't want no freeking Barbie car!!! For one major point, I'm TOO FUCKING TALL FOR THEM!

"Barbie car" :laughing0301:

1648391854292.png

As Virginians we should be thanking WA for being the guinea pigs for this. If it works, the rest of us will follow. If it fails, we all learn something at WA's expense.

Thanks Washington.
Negative, since when does it matter if something the dems dream-up works or not?.....You know, like anti-2A legislation, bail reform, "shovel ready" and a host of other failed dem policies.

But yet they will fall all over themselves to do it anyway when they get in charge just like they did when they held sway in Richmond for a brief but damaging time. Had it not been for a couple of semi-blue dog dems we would have been tee-totally fucked.

Dems are true enemies of the Republic and of our Commonwealth.

Forum List

Back