WE must chop the forest down to save the planet

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Reminds me of when my dad had a large, beautiful burr oak tree that shaded our whole house cut down to make room for a rooftop tv antenna. Us kids had a fit and told him we preferred the tree over the tv. He didn't realize that the antenna could have been installed on the garage roof and the tree saved. The loss of the tree changed the nature of the entire property as well as the next door neighbor's.

Another Stupid OP!

And they're not cutting down here you IDIOT.
Our plains/plains states and Offshore are wide open, and most of Wind turbines are heavily in Farmer's fields where they get from $4000-$10,000 per turbine.
Farmers and Ranchers love it!

Renewable energy

Oklahoma generated 45% of its total electricity from renewable resources in 2021.

Oklahoma generated 45% of its total in-state electricity from renewable resources in 2021, an increase from about 10% in 2011. About 91% of the state's renewable generation came from Wind energy, but other renewable energy resources contributed to in-state generation, including hydropower and, to a lesser extent, biomass and solar energy.85

In 2021, wind energy accounted for 41% of Oklahoma's total in-state electricity net generation, a larger share than in all but three other states—Iowa, South Dakota, and Kansas.86 megawatts of wind capacity, which was 85% of Oklahoma's total generating capacity from all renewable resources.

`

Last edited:
Another Stupid OP!

And they're not cutting down here you IDIOT.
Our plains/plains states and Offshore are wide open, and most of Wind turbines are heavily in Farmer's fields where they get from $4000-$10,00 per turbine.
Farmers and Ranchers love it!

Renewable energy

Oklahoma generated 45% of its total electricity from renewable resources in 2021.

Oklahoma generated 45% of its total in-state electricity from renewable resources in 2021, an increase from about 10% in 2011. About 91% of the state's renewable generation came from Wind energy, but other renewable energy resources contributed to in-state generation, including hydropower and, to a lesser extent, biomass and solar energy.85

In 2021, wind energy accounted for 41% of Oklahoma's total in-state electricity net generation, a larger share than in all but three other states—Iowa, South Dakota, and Kansas.86 megawatts of wind capacity, which was 85% of Oklahoma's total generating capacity from all renewable resources.

`
Those states have a lot of wind and few people.

Those states have a lot of wind and few people.
So do alot of states/Over Half the country.. Texas is going gangbusters Wind too.
The 'Flyover states' (and all farm/plains states) are Wind States and places like Massachusetts have them Offshore.

You are Too Stupid to post on the topic as is everyone above.
You deserved losing a great tree.

Aren't you glad you bumped this up from March now you MORON.
I am.
`

Last edited:
Once welcome with open arms, wind turbines are falling out of favor over much of Germany since swaths of treasured forests have been cleared away to make way for massive industrial wind parks.
Can we stop the kinder madness. Big Green energy is not your friend and you arent saving the planet
Why does your linked article not show any forests cleared for wind turbines? I suspect because you don't have to clearcut a forest to build wind turbines sticking up out of it. You'd need access roads and some room to assemble the things but you don't need to remove the entire forest. Now, I like untouched forests and I have some sympathy for the NaturSchutzBund Deutschland but I think the article and our OP is indulging in a little fear mongering. Besides, this is hardly an effective attack on wind turbines in general.

So do alot of states/Over Half the country.. Texas is going gangbusters Wind too.
The 'Flyover states' (and all farm/plains states) are Wind States and places like Massachusetts have them Offshore.

I am.
`
Must be lonely being the only one who knows anything here. ;)

You need to discern serious posts from those intended as humor.
You need some factual material instead of one line excuses and a personal anecdote.
You're a waste of space.
Maybe stay in 'Politics' and foist your baseless bias there.
You have NO 'Env' or climate info.
bye
`

You need some factual material instead of one line excuses and a personal anecdote.
You're a waste of space.
Maybe stay in 'Politics' and foist your baseless bias there.
You have NO 'Env' or climate info.
bye
`
I have the real answers.

Conservation
Insulation
Innovation

You just parrot the packaged answers from those who seek to profit from climate change.

Last edited:

I am.
Massachusetts has no offshore wind turbines, and you call people morons.

You are so stupid and illiterate, there are no offshore wind turbines off the coast of Massachusetts.

Stupid fucking idiot

Massachusetts has no offshore wind turbines, and you call people morons.
You are so stupid and illiterate, there are no offshore wind turbines off the coast of Massachusetts.
Stupid fucking idiot

Mass.gov​

Offshore Wind Update​

6/23/2022
  • Division of Marine Fisheries

1665687545956.png

The offshore wind industry has seen an Explosion in activity since MA DMF’s first industry update published in 2018. Global offshore wind energy capacity surpassed 27 gigawatts (GW) in early 2020.
In March 2021, the Biden-Harris administration announced a national goal of generating 30 GW of offshore wind energy by 2030, marking the nation’s first federal-scale offshore wind energy goal. To achieve this goal, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM)—the agency tasked with regulating energy development in federal waters—intends to evaluate at least 16 Construction and Operation Plans (COPs) by 2025. In October 2021, Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland announced plans to hold up to seven new offshore wind lease sales by 2025 in the Gulf of Maine, New York Bight, Central Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, and offshore of the Carolinas, California, and Oregon.
Closer to home, Massachusetts intends to solicit proposals to contract for 5,600 megawatts (MW) of offshore wind power by 2027, a goal that has substantially increased from the 1,600-MW target announced in the 2016 Act to Promote Energy Diversity...""

`

Mass.gov​

Offshore Wind Update​

6/23/2022
  • Division of Marine Fisheries

View attachment 709494

The offshore wind industry has seen an Explosion in activity since MA DMF’s first industry update published in 2018. Global offshore wind energy capacity surpassed 27 gigawatts (GW) in early 2020.
In March 2021, the Biden-Harris administration announced a national goal of generating 30 GW of offshore wind energy by 2030, marking the nation’s first federal-scale offshore wind energy goal. To achieve this goal, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM)—the agency tasked with regulating energy development in federal waters—intends to evaluate at least 16 Construction and Operation Plans (COPs) by 2025. In October 2021, Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland announced plans to hold up to seven new offshore wind lease sales by 2025 in the Gulf of Maine, New York Bight, Central Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, and offshore of the Carolinas, California, and Oregon.
Closer to home, Massachusetts intends to solicit proposals to contract for 5,600 megawatts (MW) of offshore wind power by 2027, a goal that has substantially increased from the 1,600-MW target announced in the 2016 Act to Promote Energy Diversity...""

`
No kidding, this is why I called you stupid, because I knew you would react and post whatever you can find on google.

As I said, and as your post shows, there is no wind power offshore of massachusetts

See how that works some of us know what is going on and people like you only have google for a brain

No kidding, this is why I called you stupid, because I knew you would react and post whatever you can find on google.

As I said, and as your post shows, there is no wind power offshore of massachusetts

See how that works some of us know what is going on and people like you only have google for a brain
Every one of the facilities shown in the left hand panel of the graphic in Abu's post are off the shore of Massachusetts. And from the linked article at Mass.gov

"Closer to home, Massachusetts intends to solicit proposals to contract for 5,600 megawatts (MW) of offshore wind power by 2027, a goal that has substantially increased from the 1,600-MW target announced in the 2016 Act to Promote Energy Diversity. To build the Commonwealth’s capacity for offshore wind development, the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) has invested tens of millions of dollars into workforce training, research, and supply chain evolution (e.g., development of an industry directory to support business-to-business networking). Port infrastructure is also rapidly developing to meet industry needs. The New Bedford Marine Commerce terminal was the first multi-purpose facility in North America designed to support the construction, assembly, and deployment of offshore wind projects, and Salem Harbor is soon to follow. In December, Vineyard Wind, a joint venture between Avangrid Renewables and Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP), announced an agreement with the City of Salem and Crowley Maritime Corporate to develop Salem Harbor as the nation’s second major offshore wind marshalling port, which will allow for concurrent project construction in the Massachusetts Wind Energy Area (WEA). "

Every one of the facilities shown in the left hand panel of the graphic in Abu's post are off the shore of Massachusetts. And from the linked article at Mass.gov

"Closer to home, Massachusetts intends to solicit proposals to contract for 5,600 megawatts (MW) of offshore wind power by 2027, a goal that has substantially increased from the 1,600-MW target announced in the 2016 Act to Promote Energy Diversity. To build the Commonwealth’s capacity for offshore wind development, the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) has invested tens of millions of dollars into workforce training, research, and supply chain evolution (e.g., development of an industry directory to support business-to-business networking). Port infrastructure is also rapidly developing to meet industry needs. The New Bedford Marine Commerce terminal was the first multi-purpose facility in North America designed to support the construction, assembly, and deployment of offshore wind projects, and Salem Harbor is soon to follow. In December, Vineyard Wind, a joint venture between Avangrid Renewables and Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP), announced an agreement with the City of Salem and Crowley Maritime Corporate to develop Salem Harbor as the nation’s second major offshore wind marshalling port, which will allow for concurrent project construction in the Massachusetts Wind Energy Area (WEA). "
The only offshore right now, is block island, which is rhode island.

Block island has been a complete failure, you can go ahead and use google to post the propaganda that says otherwise

After you post your google link i will post the truth, so go ahead, post more that you know nothing of

The only offshore right now, is block island, which is rhode island.

Block island has been a complete failure, you can go ahead and use google to post the propaganda that says otherwise

After you post your google link i will post the truth, so go ahead, post more that you know nothing of
The link to the source of the text I posted is in Abu's post that you've been badmouthing. I'm not a Massachusetts resident as you seem to suggest you are, so I will not try to counter your local knowledge. But the left hand panel on Abu's post shows identified locations that would seem to be energy facilities offshore the southern coast of the state of Massachusetts, quite some ways east of Block Island (which was home to a facility I used to work with before I retired). The only other information I have posted is that paragraph in italics above with was copied from the Mass.gov site to which Abu Afak linked us. You have not commented specifically on either of those two pieces of information.

The link to the source of the text I posted is in Abu's post that you've been badmouthing. I'm not a Massachusetts resident as you seem to suggest you are, so I will not try to counter your local knowledge. But the left hand panel on Abu's post shows identified locations that would seem to be energy facilities offshore the southern coast of the state of Massachusetts, quite some ways east of Block Island (which was home to a facility I used to work with before I retired). The only other information I have posted is that paragraph in italics above with was copied from the Mass.gov site to which Abu Afak linked us. You have not commented specifically on either of those two pieces of information.
abu afk, is a dumb fk, he/she deserves all the bad mouthing it gets.

Oh, I did not address your link specifically, okay, here goes.

I made the claim there are zero offshore wind farms on the coast of massachusetts. In reply, unwittingly crick posted this and seems to be demanding I comment on this;

intends to solicit proposals to contract

Crick, "intends", means that they, in the future, have plans to build. In no way shape or form does intend mean, that there are offshore wind turbines.

Does that make it clear, now?

Forum List

Back