Washington moving closer to legalized Marijuana

Yes, it does. It's great
I have to respectfully disagree.
Immoral? If you are so conservative that smoking cigarettes is immoral and you don't allow it on your property, I would respect that. So I would respect that with weed too. Or alcohol
Excellent.
But I remember kicking my loser roommate out of my dorm room my freshman year and one of the things I called him as I was throwing him out was a POT HEAD and that was to embarrass him. That was 1989. Today everyone would laugh at me if I called him a pot head. LOL.
I got him expelled from the entire college. We lived on a floor that was intended for more studious residents… no tobacco, alcohol, drugs, quiet hours after 10pm. Random room searches for contraband, etc… He refused to get the weed out of the room after I accidentally found it. I gave him three days and then went to the dorm director. He was gone four hours later.
I assume you feel the same way about wine, cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, beer? As long as you are consistent. Or do you give a pass on winos because you like wine?
Yes it doesn’t matter what form of alcohol, tobacco or drugs it is. I even go so far as to limit the pain medication I will use.

It creates an altered mental state which reduces the ability of the Individual to make proper decisions in a timely manner.

It’s an immoral industry and I’d rather pay more in my taxes than to see the state making money off of it. I don’t smoke, drink or use drugs

I wouldn’t disown them. I would bury them. I got a college roommate expelled for having pot in our dorm room. I’ve disowned extended family members who use it “medicinally “.
So what you're saying is you don't care about the rights of others it's my way period. correct?

I don’t believe in Rights for ANYONE. Myself included. I believe in Privileges for those who have proven their ability to understand, accept, and embrace the moral certainties of Right and Wrong.
But that's not for you to decide after your property line ends. What people do in the privacy of their own home doesn't affect you in the slightest.

But that's not for you to decide after your property line ends. What people do in the privacy of their own home doesn't affect you in the slightest
Unfortunately those people eventually wander out into public spaces. Often they are still under the influence of those substances when they do. Once there they tend to make poor decisions, which end up costing me money in terms of damages, police involvement, criminal trials, imprisonment, etc…

My MORAL life doesn’t negatively affect Your Immoral Life, but your immoral life does quite often negatively affect my life.

Anathema

you said: “I got him expelled from the entire college. We lived on a floor that was intended for more studious residents… no tobacco, alcohol, drugs, quiet hours after 10pm. Random room searches for contraband, etc… He refused to get the weed out of the room after I accidentally found it. I gave him three days and then went to the dorm director. He was gone four hours later.”

What a snotty little man you are…Action like that doesn’t reflect your morals, or conservatism in the slightest. What it does is show your rigidity, and inability to stay out of another’s business…As well as your willingness to destroy another when given the opportunity…

That to me is not admirable, it’s detestable…A character flaw that you have to live with, not me.

Forum List

Back