Was Trump right?

Are there (gasp) criminals coming across the border?
Of course there are criminals in every group but the reality is very different from the immigrant bashing here.

In 2018, the illegal immigrant criminal conviction rate was 782 per 100,000 illegal immigrants, 535 per 100,000 legal immigrants, and 1,422 per 100,000 native‐born Americans. The illegal immigrant criminal conviction rate was 45 percent below that of native‐born Americans in Texas. The general pattern of native‐born Americans having the highest criminal conviction rates followed by illegal immigrants and then with legal immigrants having the lowest holds for all of other specific types of crimes such as violent crimes, property crimes, homicide, and sex crimes.

In reality, if we deported every native-born American and only allowed legal and illegal immigrants, this country would be twice as safe as it is now.

Those friends from the south are some of the warmest, nicest, most family orientated Catholics, that I've ever met.

No one ever says anything good about them, so I must speak my piece. Even my MS13 buddies are all around good guys with big families that they are trying to support. They mostly run guns. How American is that!

Of course there are criminals in every group but the reality is very different from the immigrant bashing here.

In 2018, the illegal immigrant criminal conviction rate was 782 per 100,000 illegal immigrants, 535 per 100,000 legal immigrants, and 1,422 per 100,000 native‐born Americans. The illegal immigrant criminal conviction rate was 45 percent below that of native‐born Americans in Texas. The general pattern of native‐born Americans having the highest criminal conviction rates followed by illegal immigrants and then with legal immigrants having the lowest holds for all of other specific types of crimes such as violent crimes, property crimes, homicide, and sex crimes.

In reality, if we deported every native-born American and only allowed legal and illegal immigrants, this country would be twice as safe as it is now.
Yabut, if I was an illegal immigrant I would be on my best behavior as well.

I'd suggest that there are always criminals coming across borders. I mean, the UN is in New York, of course criminals are coming across the border. Some have diplomatic passports. Some are US citizens go abroad and coming back. Some are illegals.

What's your point?
the point is that all illegal aliens must be deported not released into the USA under veggie joe's CATCH AND RELEASED.

Those friends from the south are some of the warmest, nicest, most family orientated Catholics, that I've ever met.

No one ever says anything good about them, so I must speak my piece. Even my MS13 buddies are all around good guys with big families that they are trying to support. They mostly run guns. How American is that!
your friends from the south have a government controlled by the drug cartels. they charge extorsion money to business everywhere.

Up here we call those taxes.
yes the difference is they pay taxes to their government and they pay extorsion to the criminals.they call it in spanish "cuota de piso," which means floor tax, if they don't pay it they burn their businesses down or kill them. But they can't report it to the police because police get their share too. sometimes I see a news show from Mexico City the anchor is a news lady named Dennis Merker. she show a report of the criminals right in heart of the Mexico City business district brazenly collecting their weekly payouts. She said no one does anything about it.

Last edited:
yes the difference is they pay taxes to their government and they pay extorsion to the criminals. But they can't reported to the police because police get their share too.
Many of my Mexican friends have complained about the corruption of their government, going back a few decades.

Are there (gasp) criminals coming across the border?
1643154486647.png

the point is that all illegal aliens must be deported not released into the USA under veggie joe's CATCH AND RELEASED.

The problem is that because the US has First Past The Post voting system, there are only two political parties.

Because there are only two political parties, both parties need to stand for "something". They need to appeal to a lot of people. So they have weird and wacky policies.

If there were Proportional Representation then parties would more then likely stand for something and people could vote for that.

Like in Germany. You have traditional left, traditional right, then you have center right, green left, further left and further right. They'll all stand for something that actually believe in, and people can choose what they believe in.

Instead people are forced to vote negatively. You hate the Republicans so you have to vote for the Democrats' policies, no matter how wacky they are. In fact the Democrats will try and force the narrative on why this is a "good policy" because they need the votes.

The US is messed up. Both parties are messed up, and policies are messed up. Either change the system, or just accept the fucked up nature of politics.

Forum List

Back