Was This Police Killing Justified Or No?

"Activists outraged over the shooting death of a 36-year-old double amputee demanded justice and accountability Monday -- The Coalition for Community Control Over the Police and the family of Anthony Lowe Jr. held a news conference to bring awareness to Lowe's death. A spokesperson for the family said both of Lowe's legs were amputated at the knees. He was undergoing a mental health crisis when he was shot to death by Huntington Park police Thursday, the spokesperson said. Police said they got a call that a man was stabbed by another man in a wheelchair. Officers said when they arrived on the scene they found Lowe with a 12-inch butcher knife."

I think it's a justified shooting....I mean, the police were responding to a call about a stabbing...so it is safe to have concern for your own safety seeing as tho this guy may have already stabbed someone...So him being unarmed is out of the equation, he was un-legged, but definitely not unarmed..he still had a weapon..and he could have hurled that weapon at one of officers and killed them...Now if the guy didn't have a knife, I would say shooting him would be a little harder to justify...So for the folks who had to pretend to be upset that an unarmed guy was beaten to death 5 black cops -- at least you can feel better about this one.....

So...they couldn't figure out a way to disarm him while he sat there helplessly in his chair with the knife. Cowards..real cowards. They could have whacked the knife out of his hand with a baton or a bat, but noooo. Gotta terminate!

No, not a good shooting. At no time in that video did he become a threat that I could see. I guess he could have been heading at a lady with a stroller. But no, from what we could see in the vid, he was never a threat.
The cops felt they had no choice but to send him to the Great Watermelon Patch.

Huntington Park, California police officers shoot dead Anthony Lowe Jr, a double amputee man who tried to run away from them on the stumps of his legs. The cops said they were afraid Lowe would throw the knife he had at them. pic.twitter.com/y4FjqED4Hy

— Mike Sington (@MikeSington) January 31, 2023

The cops felt they had no choice but to send him to the Great Watermelon Patch.

Huntington Park, California police officers shoot dead Anthony Lowe Jr, a double amputee man who tried to run away from them on the stumps of his legs. The cops said they were afraid Lowe would throw the knife he had at them. pic.twitter.com/y4FjqED4Hy

— Mike Sington (@MikeSington) January 31, 2023
Actually this sounds like an Onion story.

Funny thing is that folks like you are the ones who vote against police reform, which means you want the police violence to continue as is, as long as, it is directed towards folks of color.

The places where these crimes are rampant are run from top to bottom by people just like you, people you vote for, people who you believe represent you. This is your fault until you start doing better.

"Activists outraged over the shooting death of a 36-year-old double amputee demanded justice and accountability Monday -- The Coalition for Community Control Over the Police and the family of Anthony Lowe Jr. held a news conference to bring awareness to Lowe's death. A spokesperson for the family said both of Lowe's legs were amputated at the knees. He was undergoing a mental health crisis when he was shot to death by Huntington Park police Thursday, the spokesperson said. Police said they got a call that a man was stabbed by another man in a wheelchair. Officers said when they arrived on the scene they found Lowe with a 12-inch butcher knife."

I think it's a justified shooting....I mean, the police were responding to a call about a stabbing...so it is safe to have concern for your own safety seeing as tho this guy may have already stabbed someone...So him being unarmed is out of the equation, he was un-legged, but definitely not unarmed..he still had a weapon..and he could have hurled that weapon at one of officers and killed them...Now if the guy didn't have a knife, I would say shooting him would be a little harder to justify...So for the folks who had to pretend to be upset that an unarmed guy was beaten to death 5 black cops -- at least you can feel better about this one.....

he was 'running' away
He was no threat to LE
But he was Black so...

In every case of a police killing the first question is "Was there an eminent threat to the officer's life?" He's running away from them so I would say no. A tranquilizer dart or a net gun would have sufficed in neutralizing the man and he would be alive.

Net gun??
Who uses this? :backpedal:

i feel really bad for the family or the person he stabbed. I think his family should be libel for the damage he did and not properly taking care of their mentally ill family member

More importantly, he was in a place run by people like you, where police violence against citizens is always a problem.
That statement is just plain stupid.
Congratulations on being at the head of your class at Moron U.

You can dodge it all you want, but the fact is places run by people like you are violent, racist, dangerous, dirty shitholes. And you love it.
You are aware that that places run by people like you lead the nation in murders.

There you go , a small bit of your ignorance erased.
You're welcome.

You are aware that that places run by people like you lead the nation in murders.

There you go , a small bit of your ignorance erased.
You're welcome.

Quite the opposite, and your denial is the reason it keeps happening.

Most Violent Cities In America 2021

St. Louis, MO (2,082) - mayor - Democrat

Detroit, MI (2,057) - mayor - Democrat

Baltimore, MD (2,027) - mayor - Democrat

Memphis, TN (2,003) - mayor - Democrat

Little Rock, AR (1,634) - mayor - Democrat

Milwaukee, WI (1,597) - mayor - Democrat

Rockford, IL (1,588) - mayor - Democrat

Cleveland, OH (1,557) - mayor - Democrat

Stockton, CA (1,415) - mayor - Democrat

Albuquerque, NM (1,369) - mayor - Democrat

Springfield, MO (1,339) - mayor - Independent

Indianapolis, IN (1,334) - mayor - Democrat

Oakland, CA (1,299) - mayor - Democrat

San Bernardino, CA (1,291) - mayor - Republican

Anchorage, AK (1,203) - mayor - Independent

Nashville, TN (1,138) - mayor - Democrat

Lansing, MI (1,136) - mayor - Democrat

New Orleans, LA (1,121) - mayor - Democrat

Minneapolis, MN (1,101) - mayor - Democrat

Chicago, IL (1,099) - mayor - Democrat

Quite the opposite, and your denial is the reason it keeps happening.

Most Violent Cities In America 2021

St. Louis, MO (2,082) - mayor - Democrat

Detroit, MI (2,057) - mayor - Democrat

Baltimore, MD (2,027) - mayor - Democrat

Memphis, TN (2,003) - mayor - Democrat

Little Rock, AR (1,634) - mayor - Democrat

Milwaukee, WI (1,597) - mayor - Democrat

Rockford, IL (1,588) - mayor - Democrat

Cleveland, OH (1,557) - mayor - Democrat

Stockton, CA (1,415) - mayor - Democrat

Albuquerque, NM (1,369) - mayor - Democrat

Springfield, MO (1,339) - mayor - Independent

Indianapolis, IN (1,334) - mayor - Democrat

Oakland, CA (1,299) - mayor - Democrat

San Bernardino, CA (1,291) - mayor - Republican

Anchorage, AK (1,203) - mayor - Independent

Nashville, TN (1,138) - mayor - Democrat

Lansing, MI (1,136) - mayor - Democrat

New Orleans, LA (1,121) - mayor - Democrat

Minneapolis, MN (1,101) - mayor - Democrat

Chicago, IL (1,099) - mayor - Democrat
Not states,
Murders in GOP states have led those in Blue states for every year since 2000 and mayors don't make laws.

Try again

You don't need to be armed to be killed by the pigs..

s-l400.jpg

Forum List

Back