Warren Buffett Says its Fair to Raise Taxes on Rich

Since the top 25% pay 85% of the federal income taxes - a small minority is already paying a majority of the taxes

So what though, rsr? The fact of the matter is that the WEALTHIEST in this country, such as Warren Buffet, (Terresa Heinz - Kerry and gates too) paid only 17% in taxes while his secretary had to pay 30% of her income in taxes? This shows that our tax structure is REGRESSIVE for the middle class, who gets dicked....as far as the percentage of their income going to taxes verses the percentage of the wealthiest man in America's income, going to taxes.

THAT seems incredibly unfair to me....doesn't it to you?

care

So what though, rsr? The fact of the matter is that the WEALTHIEST in this country, such as Warren Buffet, (Terresa Heinz - Kerry and gates too) paid only 17% in taxes while his secretary had to pay 30% of her income in taxes? This shows that our tax structure is REGRESSIVE for the middle class, who gets dicked....as far as the percentage of their income going to taxes verses the percentage of the wealthiest man in America, pays in taxes.

THAT seems incredibly unfair to me....doesn't it to you?

care

It is not the RATE Care, it is the TOTAL dollar amouint that counts

What libs will NOT admit is - the "rich" were paying the most in taxes BEFORE the tax cuts - and they are paying the MOST on taxes after the tax cut

They also benfit the MOST from our society and the infrastructure.

Those who have a bigger piece of the pie need to give their percent

What libs will NOT admit is - the "rich" were paying the most in taxes BEFORE the tax cuts - and they are paying the MOST on taxes after the tax cut

On this, I TOTALLY disagree!

It is the percentage of the person's income that should be compared and NOT the dollar amount. It is the only fair way to compare it, rsr?

Care

On this, I TOTALLY disagree!

It is the percentage of the person's income that should be compared and NOT the dollar amount. It is the only fair way to compare it, rsr?

Care

Then why do libs feel that tax cuts only benefit the rich while thinking it is fine to take 30% of a working persons pay check?

You make no sense.

You dont even know what you are talking about.

Its worthless to discuss anything with you.

Absolutely not!

What you are arguing is a regressive tax system.

That's like saying its okay if Microsoft pays $1001 in taxes while the corner Mom and Pop grocery store pays $1000.

Because its not the rate that counts, its the total dollars.

If the GOP sold this, they'd get slaughtered.

Absolutely not!

What you are arguing is a regressive tax system.

That's like saying its okay if Microsoft pays $1001 in taxes while the corner Mom and Pop grocery store pays $1000.

Because its not the rate that counts, its the total dollars.

If the GOP sold this, they'd get slaughtered.

Libs rant how the "rich" are not paying their fair share - yet the numbers show a very small minority pay a huge majority of federal income taxes

Even after the Bush tax cuts

RGS, any time the cost of doing business goes up the company will find a way to cover it

The bottom line is the last thing they will let take the hit

That is simply not correct RSR.

Again, as you learn in Econ 101, it depends on the slopes of the demand curve and the supply curve of an industry. The more elastic the curves (i.e. high-end consumer electronics), the more the firm will take the hit on the tax. The more inelastic the curve (i.e. tobacco), the more the consumer will take the hit.

The bottom line eventually will readjust as lower profits drives marginal competitors out of the industry, leaving fewer options for the consumer and thus lower utility for the consumer. However, the cost of a tax on an elastic product is borne by the producer.

That is simply not correct RSR.

Again, as you learn in Econ 101, it depends on the slopes of the demand curve and the supply curve of an industry. The more elastic the curves (i.e. high-end consumer electronics), the more the firm will take the hit on the tax. The more inelastic the curve (i.e. tobacco), the more the consumer will take the hit.

The bottom line eventually will readjust as lower profits drives marginal competitors out of the industry, leaving fewer options for the consumer and thus lower utility for the consumer. However, the cost of a tax on an elastic product is borne by the producer.

You left this part of my post out

If it does come out of the dividends, the stock price goes down, income to the investors goes down, less money being put into the economy and the company, - it could even filter down to you

Companies are out to make a profit - not to pay taxes

You left this part of my post out

If it does come out of the dividends, the stock price goes down, income to the investors goes down, less money being put into the economy and the company, - it could even filter down to you

Companies are out to make a profit - not to pay taxes

Yes, by law, they are out to pay taxes because profits are taxed, and they are out to make a profit.. They may minimize the amount of tax they pay - and they should BTW - but society has deemed it reasonable for corporations to pay a portion of their income in taxes. Ergo, they are out to pay taxes.

Yes, by law, they are out to pay taxes because profits are taxed, and they are out to make a profit.. They may minimize the amount of tax they pay - and they should BTW - but society has deemed it reasonable for corporations to pay a portion of their income in taxes. Ergo, they are out to pay taxes.

But the flaw there is the company DOES NOT pay the taxes. The customers of the business pay the taxes - it is included in their prices

But the flaw there is the company DOES NOT pay the taxes. The customers of the business pay the taxes - it is included in their prices

I agree that all corporate taxes are ultimately taxes on people, as a "corporation" is merely an intangible legal structure.

However, it is simply incorrect to say that it is always paid for by consumers. Taxes on corporations are shared by consumers and shareholders, depending on the elasticity of the products sold.

I agree that all corporate taxes are ultimately taxes on people, as a "corporation" is merely an intangible legal structure.

However, it is simply incorrect to say that it is always paid for by consumers. Taxes on corporations are shared by consumers and shareholders, depending on the elasticity of the products sold.

You must never have taken Economics 101

We the people pay the corporate taxes everytime

Forum List

Back