The flat tax is a fraud. It raises taxes on the poor and lowers them on the rich. The Flat Tax concept has been laughed off the economic stage.

Adam Smith, the father of capitalism, wrote that a progressive tax was necessary to preserve capitialism.

Liberals support capitalism, conservatives work to destroy capitalism.
Tell me about the Uniformity Clause

Tell me about the Uniformity Clause
“The subjects of every state ought to contribute towards the support of the government, as nearly as possible, in proportion to their respective abilities; that is, in proportion to the revenue which they respectively enjoy under the protection of the state.”

-- Adam Smith

https://constitution.congress.gov/b...ress shall have Power,the United States; . . .

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 of the Constitution authorizes Congress to lay and collect duties, imposts, or excise taxes—collectively referred to as indirect taxes—and requires that they be uniform throughout the United States.1 The Supreme Court has held that an indirect tax satisfies the Uniformity Clause only when the tax ‘operates with the same force and effect in every place where the subject of it is found.2

robertreich.org
https://robertreich.org › post

The flat tax is a fraud. It raises taxes on the poor and lowers them on the rich.
Some drawbacks of a flat tax rate system include lack of wealth redistribution.
Taxes exist to fund the legitimate functions of government. Not to "redistribute" wealth or implement social engineering.

There are hundreds of thousands of them, and they pay the bulk of income taxes in the country.

They pay about the same average tax rates as most people, around 17%, and according to the IRS the upper brackets only pay around 40% of income taxes, even thought they rake in over 85% of all income.

The 'flat tax' is of course a scam, all 12 of them I've read so far are. They exempt stock gamblers from any taxes at all on dividends and unearned income, and Like Saint Ronald Of Reagan's 'tax reforms' raises the nominal tax rates on the lower income brackets by around 38%, to 23% from 0%.

Most right wing 'economics' is as insane as their left wing partners in crime are.

robertreich.org
https://robertreich.org › post

The flat tax is a fraud. It raises taxes on the poor and lowers them on the rich.
Some drawbacks of a flat tax rate system include lack of wealth redistribution.

Sales taxes are considered regressive because they take a larger percentage of income from low-income taxpayers than from high-income taxpayers.

To make such taxes less regressive, many states exempt basic necessities such as food from the sales tax.

The Flat Tax concept has been laughed off the economic stage more than once. These radical right wing NOT republicans jsut don't get anything.

They just keep bringing back old, worn out ideas from the fuzzy math warehouse. Yes laughed off the right wing economic stage.
Bidenomics has been laughed off the stage. Also Robert Reich is the idiot who said the 2016 presidential election should be annulled. He has 0 credibility.

Forum List

Back