War with Iran?

Do you support the US going to war with Iran over their nuclear bomb program?

• Yes. The US must attack Iran and do another regime change.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Yes, war but only as part of a large international coalition

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • NO. not with our kids dying to protect Israel.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • No. I vote to nuke Iran if they ever use their nukes, and tell them this is US policy.

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
Jake when have we said We support the nuclear destruction of Israel?

Which btw would kill my whole family. You're a dumbass

As it seem's hard for someome to understand a few things, let me try and clear it up, one my Naval career ended prior to Iraq/Afghanistan, in that time I learned that if you were to present yourself as a credible person in a debate on matters related to National Security, you must first have the qualifications to speak on the subject you choose to engage in, or a willinginess to learn it, and still further you must make a sound case backed up by data that supports it.

So given those factors, let's take a look at the FACTS. one, Russia and China both are and still do support Iran both in economic terms and its weapons development and purchases. Both nations have stated that ANY attack on IRAN will have consequences both economic and military. I don't think many rational people have not noticed that China happens to hold a large amount of US Debt and as such can wreck the economy of this nation should they desire to flood the market with the large number of US Backed Bonds they hold as a result of our nation engaging in a wreckless strike on Iran. This is not to advocate we do not protect ourselves against Iran , of course not, and of course we have every right to protect US interests and allies should Iran attack them. This said the pre-emptive strategy of attacking a nation that we deem not in-line with our way of thinking has proven itself to be a wreckless one.

Russia;

“We warn those who are no strangers to military solutions ... that this would be harmful, literally disastrous for regional stability,” Interfax quoted Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov as saying. An attack on Iran “would set off deep shocks in the security and economic spheres that would reverberate far beyond the boundaries of the Middle East region,”

China;

"If force is used on Iran, it will certainly incur retaliation, cause an even greater military clash, worsen turmoil in the region, threaten the security of the Strait of Hormuz and other strategic passages, drive up global oil prices and strike a blow at the world economic recovery," China will not hesitate to protect Iran even with a third world war.”
Chen Xiaodong

I find it surprising for someone who claims to have as much experience as you do, and yet seems to be so naive when it comes to all the factors involved here. Maybe it has escaped your notice that should Israel attack Iran with our support Pakistan which by the way is a nuclear power will support Iran , or has it escaped your notice that we happen to have US Forces deployed in the country next door ? Pakistan has made it known throughout the region that they would come to the aid of Iran should this come to pass. So the question is are you willing to risk a regional war which we are not ready for, in order to strike a nation which may or may not get the results you want? As I said before the people of Iran are for the most part as tired of the leadership there as we are and the best approach is to foster a removal of the current Govt. from within rather than this approach. As to your last pooint because you seem to take issue with data from a site , I will give you another, as you seem not to want to back up any of your claims yourself.

Testimony before
The Readiness Subcommittee of
The House Committee on Armed Services

March 3, 2011

All the military services, including the National Guard and Reserves, are experiencing lower levels of readiness after ten years of major combat operations overseas and more homeland defense missions in the United States. Symptoms include:
■Delayed, shortened, or less diverse training;
■Cross-leveling of personnel and equipment from disparate units to plug deploying-unit shortfalls;
■Less maintenance for worn-out weapons; and
■Shortened rest time at home before redeploying overseas

In closing son, I have great respect for anyone who has taken up the service of this nation who have done so with honor. Having said this , have a little respect for yourself and those you served with because name calling and degrading those you disagree with is beneath you and uniform you wore. You claim to have known many people, I highly doubt any officer you served with would see your conduct here as worthy of your service son.

Yep, like I said and thought.....your days peeling veggies in the bottom of a ship were long before the GWOT, so you don't know shit. :eusa_whistle:

You have a stupid view of our strategy with Iran, China, Russia, etc because all you are left with today is surfing the internet for info and watching the Military Channel in your underwear.

You have your groupies here like California Girl because she is a clueless idiot wowed by your avatar and your war stories, but people like me aren't impressed by you. I know things about what is going on right now that you will never, never know. You should pay attention to me, idiot.

I'm not going to tell you anything classified but I know what the FACTS are and you don't. So shut up, and go back to your online love affair with California Girl, it's hilarious to watch.

Oh, I don't feel the need to respect everyone that joined the military because I have seen many that just use it for the GI Bill and a paycheck. They are not a hero sitting on their butt for 4 years pushing papers until they can get out and go back to bumpkinville USA. Also, when I come across liberals like you that claim to be a Vet, I don't respect you either. I can't understand how someone could align themselves with anti-military/US people on the left but be in the military.....but then again many of those people are just in it for the paycheck and benefits....and are the first ones to bitch about going to war with Iran to prevent mass deaths of Israelis, Arabs and most likely Americans too.

As it seem's hard for someome to understand a few things, let me try and clear it up, one my Naval career ended prior to Iraq/Afghanistan, in that time I learned that if you were to present yourself as a credible person in a debate on matters related to National Security, you must first have the qualifications to speak on the subject you choose to engage in, or a willinginess to learn it, and still further you must make a sound case backed up by data that supports it.

So given those factors, let's take a look at the FACTS. one, Russia and China both are and still do support Iran both in economic terms and its weapons development and purchases. Both nations have stated that ANY attack on IRAN will have consequences both economic and military. I don't think many rational people have not noticed that China happens to hold a large amount of US Debt and as such can wreck the economy of this nation should they desire to flood the market with the large number of US Backed Bonds they hold as a result of our nation engaging in a wreckless strike on Iran. This is not to advocate we do not protect ourselves against Iran , of course not, and of course we have every right to protect US interests and allies should Iran attack them. This said the pre-emptive strategy of attacking a nation that we deem not in-line with our way of thinking has proven itself to be a wreckless one.

Russia;

“We warn those who are no strangers to military solutions ... that this would be harmful, literally disastrous for regional stability,” Interfax quoted Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov as saying. An attack on Iran “would set off deep shocks in the security and economic spheres that would reverberate far beyond the boundaries of the Middle East region,”

China;

"If force is used on Iran, it will certainly incur retaliation, cause an even greater military clash, worsen turmoil in the region, threaten the security of the Strait of Hormuz and other strategic passages, drive up global oil prices and strike a blow at the world economic recovery," China will not hesitate to protect Iran even with a third world war.”
Chen Xiaodong

I find it surprising for someone who claims to have as much experience as you do, and yet seems to be so naive when it comes to all the factors involved here. Maybe it has escaped your notice that should Israel attack Iran with our support Pakistan which by the way is a nuclear power will support Iran , or has it escaped your notice that we happen to have US Forces deployed in the country next door ? Pakistan has made it known throughout the region that they would come to the aid of Iran should this come to pass. So the question is are you willing to risk a regional war which we are not ready for, in order to strike a nation which may or may not get the results you want? As I said before the people of Iran are for the most part as tired of the leadership there as we are and the best approach is to foster a removal of the current Govt. from within rather than this approach. As to your last pooint because you seem to take issue with data from a site , I will give you another, as you seem not to want to back up any of your claims yourself.

Testimony before
The Readiness Subcommittee of
The House Committee on Armed Services

March 3, 2011

All the military services, including the National Guard and Reserves, are experiencing lower levels of readiness after ten years of major combat operations overseas and more homeland defense missions in the United States. Symptoms include:
■Delayed, shortened, or less diverse training;
■Cross-leveling of personnel and equipment from disparate units to plug deploying-unit shortfalls;
■Less maintenance for worn-out weapons; and
■Shortened rest time at home before redeploying overseas

In closing son, I have great respect for anyone who has taken up the service of this nation who have done so with honor. Having said this , have a little respect for yourself and those you served with because name calling and degrading those you disagree with is beneath you and uniform you wore. You claim to have known many people, I highly doubt any officer you served with would see your conduct here as worthy of your service son.

Last edited:
So....you're an idiot muslim living in the shadow of Israel and will also be nuked when your Iranian buddies nuke Israel.:eusa_whistle:

Uh, maybe you should cheer on Israel to stop Iran....

So....you're an idiot muslim living in the shadow of Israel and will also be nuked when your Iranian buddies nuke Israel.:eusa_whistle:

Uh, maybe you should cheer on Israel to stop Iran....

Iran doesn't want any wars. You on the other hand are preaching Zionism(death and destruction)

"You can't kill intellectual power," said retired U.S. Army Lieutenant General Frank Kearney, Just a comment made by the former Deputy Commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, he was talking about the same thing I have been talking about and that is any strike on Iran would do nothing but delay a nuclear weapon unless we are willing to commit to a land occupation of Iran. So if I am aligned with such leftists as the the above named General and Gen. Anthony Zinni , Gen. Colin Powell , former Sec. of State Richard Armitage, Sen. Sam Nunn, and the former head of the Mossad just to name a few then I stand in good company for a liberal, which if I were a liberal I would wear the label proudly in this company, which I am not.

I would highly suggest you take a moment son and do some reading, or perhaps even a better suggestion would be make sure your "security clearance" is up to date, because if you continue to show your backside on here son, some might call into question your ability to hold that clearance.

One last thing, you outlined a real difference between us, and that is you have no ability to recognize that one can be respectful of others and yet still disagree with them, perhaps one of the first things you learn in the Military is to respect yourself and others and to conduct yourself like a man at all times. I am getting a little tired of taking you to the woodshed son, as you have nothing to offer but rants, and disrespectful comments and the sad thing is, you have nothing to back those comments up with, which makes you look weak. The problem is son, not so much for you, but if you did serve, those that served with you, your actions are a disgrace to them and the uniform you wore and the nation in which you served. I suggest from this point forward you do not address me or, respond further to any of my posts, as they are beyond your comprehension and I will no longer dignify your actions or with an answer.

The destruction of Israel guarantees the obliteration of Iraq and other parts of the ME.

There is no middle ground.

No one of good mind and a moral heart gives a darn about GlitterBug and his rants.

But . . . Israel is not going away, and if it feels threatened enough, yes, Iran is going to pay a terrible price.

No one of good mind and a moral heart gives a darn about GlitterBug and his rants.

But . . . Israel is not going away, and if it feels threatened enough, yes, Iran is going to pay a terrible price.

True. And so will Israel pay a price if they attack

Then Iran should let in inspectors and be guided how to become civilized.

Iran has let plenty of inspectors. Maybe you should read the report well. It was all "ifs"

And if that's civilized then Israel should let inspectors into their Nuclear Program

Idiot, if Iran is bombed to the point where their scientists and military running the program are dead or injured for life in addition to their facilities damaged beyond repair, I don't care if they still have the blue prints on how to build a bomb to blow up your house.

We can hit them again and again and agian.

You don't stop someone from doing something by doing nothing, idiot.

As for the woodshed, your ass has been beaten like a drum by me here.

I could care less what the ex-military are saying about Iran today, they are living their cushy lives on retired pay pontificating as if they still matter. Gen Mattis is very capable of doing his own job.

For every idiot you roll out telling us to let Iran get nuclear weapons, I can find 10 that say you are insane.

"You can't kill intellectual power," said retired U.S. Army Lieutenant General Frank Kearney, Just a comment made by the former Deputy Commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, he was talking about the same thing I have been talking about and that is any strike on Iran would do nothing but delay a nuclear weapon unless we are willing to commit to a land occupation of Iran. So if I am aligned with such leftists as the the above named General and Gen. Anthony Zinni , Gen. Colin Powell , former Sec. of State Richard Armitage, Sen. Sam Nunn, and the former head of the Mossad just to name a few then I stand in good company for a liberal, which if I were a liberal I would wear the label proudly in this company, which I am not.

I would highly suggest you take a moment son and do some reading, or perhaps even a better suggestion would be make sure your "security clearance" is up to date, because if you continue to show your backside on here son, some might call into question your ability to hold that clearance.

One last thing, you outlined a real difference between us, and that is you have no ability to recognize that one can be respectful of others and yet still disagree with them, perhaps one of the first things you learn in the Military is to respect yourself and others and to conduct yourself like a man at all times. I am getting a little tired of taking you to the woodshed son, as you have nothing to offer but rants, and disrespectful comments and the sad thing is, you have nothing to back those comments up with, which makes you look weak. The problem is son, not so much for you, but if you did serve, those that served with you, your actions are a disgrace to them and the uniform you wore and the nation in which you served. I suggest from this point forward you do not address me or, respond further to any of my posts, as they are beyond your comprehension and I will no longer dignify your actions or with an answer.

You are in denial. Let the real inspectors in to see the real deal in nuclear development in Iran.

You don't get it. If Iran retaliates in such a way that it threatens Israel's survival, Iran as a nation will disappear from the face of the earth.

Then Iran should let in inspectors and be guided how to become civilized.

Iran has let plenty of inspectors. Maybe you should read the report well. It was all "ifs"

And if that's civilized then Israel should let inspectors into their Nuclear Program

Jake completely flipped lol.....Iran has let inspectors in many times. How about no war and no destruction. And what so everything is about Israel?

You just said Israel is allowed to attack and if Iran responds they should be nuked and that's it. Israel gets what it wants that all that matters? Fuck that

You're an idiot.

Russia isn't going to start World War 3 with the western world by defending some ragtag muslims in Iran.

They stood by when their buddy Saddam was taken down and they wll stand by with Iran. They do their work by secretly giving these evil dictators weapons and intel, then pretending at the UN they are shocked countries like Iran and Iraq do bad things.

go play with yourself, little boy.
Iran is a Russian ally, much like Israel is with us. They have a lot of trade agreements between the two nations. Do you think they're gonna stand by and let us do to Iran, what we did to Iraq? And besides, they've already warned us not to do anything militarily with Iran.

Forum List

Back