War on Christmas 2014

I'm not really at war with Christmas. it is more like passive resistance. I opted out after my daughter grew up, about 20 years ago. I have not bought a Christmas present or a card since. One member of my family is really into it, and gives everyone a present every year. Does anyone here know how long it takes a single guy to eat a honey baked ham? The others rack their brains every year trying to think of presents to mail to people they only see about once per year. I suspect that they are very relieved that they don't have to shop for me.

I have a pre-decorated 24 inch tree that I pull out of the closet. I still buy my two grown children presents, but that's about it. :p

My sole concession to Christmas is putting Santa Claus hats on my cactus. We have to put something on them in case of a freeze, so it might as well be that.

yeah. I saw that billboard ystrdy lol. Fox is just like the others, report on fluff that has no importance. Meanwhile the country is being sold to the highest bidder.

Meanwhile,

Fox spends several hours about the scandal of Gruber (one of the main architects of Obamacare) telling various groups how they lied about Obamacare but knew they could get away with it because of the stupid people out there. The other networks did not dare cover it for the first 4 or 5 days and then gave it the scantest coverage. Why?

Why? Because they spend tons of hours covering some congressional staff from Tennessee who tweeted about the clothes and attitude of the Obama children at the podium with their dad when he pardoned a turkey. So she got fired and the debate was endless.

You keep pretending Fox is what is wrong this nation and turn a blind eye to agenda of the liberal nation. Lie and coverup the truth on so many scandals no one even bothers any more. Not because we are stupid but because we see we have lost the war to the godless fools.
Maybe they didn't cover it because it is a lot of made up funk. That's usually the case when the real news programs, the mainstream news programs. don't report what Faux News reports.

Last edited:
american-atheists-christmas-billboard-reading-dear-santa-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-to-skip-church-im-too-old-for-fairy-tales-released-on-dec-1-2014.jpg

Lets have the kids VOTE

Stay home and play with your toys or go to church?

I know which way I would have voted! :D

Is there any question?

OK kids.......put down the toys, time to get dressed for church

Why do Christians insist on ruining Christmas?

I went to church until I was about 13. I had to stop, because by that age, they expected you to stay awake.

She didn't resign. She was politely asked to get the hell out.

Oh of course!

Should have happened to Eric Holder and at least 5 other criminals of Obama's personal czars or cabinet. But you and yours and the media have ready made excuses for all that.
How long would you keep a PR person on your staff after they made such a stupid PR blunder?

Oh of course!

Should have happened to Eric Holder and at least 5 other criminals of Obama's personal czars or cabinet. But you and yours and the media have ready made excuses for all that.
How long would you keep a PR person on your staff after they made such a stupid PR blunder?

Kind of like when Palin was running for VP, and made speeches mocking everyone who was not already in their tent. Brilliant maneuver! "How's that hopey-changy thing goin' for ya?"

Oh of course!

Oh, my, the gravity of it all.

If you read my first or second post to this thread you will get my point. It was not about whether the woman should have been fired or not. It was about how the media (read: the liberal media) puts things in proper perspective. They don't! Because they are too driven with their secular, material, deceptive ASININE goals. I pity them all.

Actually, the media (all branches) are the biggest supporters of Christmas. You see, media=business. business=money. Money=Christmas. Christmas=money. so, on Christmas eve, the weather radar man will track Santa's sleigh from the North Pole, right before showing you commercials for last minute shopping opportunities (in celebration of Jesus, of course).

I'm not really at war with Christmas. it is more like passive resistance. I opted out after my daughter grew up, about 20 years ago. I have not bought a Christmas present or a card since. One member of my family is really into it, and gives everyone a present every year. Does anyone here know how long it takes a single guy to eat a honey baked ham? The others rack their brains every year trying to think of presents to mail to people they only see about once per year. I suspect that they are very relieved that they don't have to shop for me.

I have a pre-decorated 24 inch tree that I pull out of the closet. I still buy my two grown children presents, but that's about it. :p

My sole concession to Christmas is putting Santa Claus hats on my cactus. We have to put something on them in case of a freeze, so it might as well be that.

Aw yes - I remember doing the same thing when I lived in Tucson.

christmas+cactus.jpg

A few years ago, I happened to be at Bob Dylan's house during a party, that was being taped. It was later released as a music video. Knowing how I feel about Christmas, see if you can identify which one was me:

I'm not religious, and I think Christmas is lovely. I don't make a big deal about any other holidays, and I don't feel about Christmas in a religious way, but the trees, the decorations, the parties, drinks and food: I enjoy all that.

Last edited:
yeah. I saw that billboard ystrdy lol. Fox is just like the others, report on fluff that has no importance. Meanwhile the country is being sold to the highest bidder.

Meanwhile,

Fox spends several hours about the scandal of Gruber (one of the main architects of Obamacare) telling various groups how they lied about Obamacare but knew they could get away with it because of the stupid people out there. The other networks did not dare cover it for the first 4 or 5 days and then gave it the scantest coverage. Why?

Why? Because they spend tons of hours covering some congressional staff from Tennessee who tweeted about the clothes and attitude of the Obama children at the podium with their dad when he pardoned a turkey. So she got fired and the debate was endless.

You keep pretending Fox is what is wrong this nation and turn a blind eye to agenda of the liberal nation. Lie and coverup the truth on so many scandals no one even bothers any more. Not because we are stupid but because we see we have lost the war to the godless fools.

I read that Elizabeth Lauten resigned.

Elizabeth-Lauten-FB.png.CROP.rtstoryvar-medium.png

The Republican congressional aide who castigated the Obama daughters for their lack of “class” and dressing as if they were angling for a “spot at a bar” was once arrested for larceny during her own “awful teen years,” court records show.

LOL!

Elizabeth

B3uVU4fIMAAgXX3.jpg:large

Sure she resigned. After all, this issue / "scandal" affects our whole nation. Unlike the 7 hard drives destroyed to coverup the IRS SCANDAL. And how many others so easily forgotten by the press and timidly left unchallenged by a timid republican congress.

If I told you I have lost faith in government and the media would it matter? Maybe not to you because that is where you likely get all your nutrition to think you are doing God's work and making you a model citizen.

Have atheists won the war on Christmas you ask? No. Secular humanism has won the war against Christmas. God is a dirty word in schools in govt and in the public sector. Just go to any store in a mall where "Christmas" music is playing. They do not DARE play anything but Frosty the Snowman. And even the instrumental songs do not DARE play a religious melody. Beyond belief.

First of all, I agree with Gruber, American's are stupid. The reason they quit talking about the IRS scandal was because there was no scandal. After 7-8 Benghazi investigations, they also found nothing there.

But now lets focus on why we're here...

"Maybe not to you because that is where you likely get all your nutrition to think you are doing God's work and making you a model citizen."

Huh....whaaa?

Have atheists won the war on Christmas you ask? No. Secular humanism has won the war against Christmas. God is a dirty word in schools in govt and in the public sector. Just go to any store in a mall where "Christmas" music is playing. They do not DARE play anything but Frosty the Snowman. And even the instrumental songs do not DARE play a religious melody. Beyond belief.

Are you celebrating Christmas with your family this year? Will you be attending Church? Is there anything preventing you from celebrating Christmas the way you normally do?

There are private religious schools you may want to consider, if your wish is that your child prays at school. Public schools are tax funded and we are a very diverse country. Plus, there's plenty of time for prayer before school, after school, and at bedtime.

Why would you want religion in our Government?

tumblr_inline_mk2xweT3U91qz4rgp.gif

I'm not religious, and I think Christmas is lovely. I don't make a big deal about any other holidays, and I don't feel about Christmas in a religious way, but the trees, the decorations, the parties, drinks and food: I enjoy all that.

I still drive around looking at the lights! I really love this time of year especially since I quit stressing over it. :p

No, My favorite holiday is Arbor Day. I celebrate by throwing a bucket of water on my orange tree.

I used to be married to a Catholic. As I understand it, every single day of the year is pegged as honoring a different saint. I only went to church once during that time. It was a funeral of my wife's mother. The priest spent most of the time talking about what a fine man my wife's sister was married to, for taking care of his mother in law. I found this somewhat odd, because he constantly made fun of her and belittled her when she came down with Alzheimer's. I asked my wife about it later. She told me that he was a big muckady muck in the church, as well as in the Knights of Columbus, and that he was one of the highest tithers. My wife had done all she could to avoid him for the previous decade.

Some things in life are constant in all institutions.

A few years ago, I happened to be at Bob Dylan's house during a party, that was being taped. It was later released as a music video. Knowing how I feel about Christmas, see if you can identify which one was me:

The guy swinging on the chandelier? LOL!

Of course, I have never really met Bob Dylan, but I did meet his brother once, back in the mid 1970's. I can't say for sure, but the guy playing the accordion looks a lot like him.

I still drive around looking at the lights! I really love this time of year especially since I quit stressing over it. :p

palin_war_on_christmas.jpg

Exactly, the notion that those of us who aren't religious are making 'war on Christmas' is ridiculous.

Indeed, Christmas is also a secular holiday, where the Winter Solstice has been celebrated well before Christians misappropriated the season.

Forum List

Back