Vote for Obama and get fired.

Our old friend David Siegel is at it again!

"If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company."

Now, normally I would not be too opposed to this, but this guy has a history of thinking that things like this are acceptable.

I personally find it hilarious that the man who put a ton of effort to build the largest home (The Queen of Versailles) in the US, yet simultaneously threatens to fire employees if he has to pay ANY new taxes.

He later commented: "It speaks the truth and it gives [employees] something to think about when they go to the polls,"

Seems like some good ole bullying to me.

Seems like the Obama taking a steaming piss on the American Dream to me. :eusa_whistle:

Perhaps the guy should have blabbed that he wants somebody to raise his taxes just to get the IRS off of his ass like Warren Buffet.

Last edited:
Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse, and others are getting ready to cut their employee's hours and cutting staff to under 50 employees because of new Obamacare provisions that go into effect next year.

Hopefully Obama won't be in office so he can accuse them of being evil rich profiteers. I guess Harry Reid will be around to do that.

Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse, and others are getting ready to cut their employee's hours and cutting staff to under 50 employees because of new Obamacare provisions that go into effect next year.

Hopefully Obama won't be in office so he can accuse them of being evil rich profiteers. I guess Harry Reid will be around to do that.

Nation wide resturants are going to cut their staff to 50. For the entire organization?
Really? Where did you read that?

And you know what. If word gets out that these companies are so political that they would do something like that, how many supporters of Obama will quit eating at these places?
Will that be good for business. Or do the owners not want Democrat dollars? If that is the case, they need to come out and say so; No more Dems in our resturants. YOU think the owners have the balls to say that? Or are you just making shit up. Again?

Olive Garden, and cutting staff to under 50 employees because of new Obamacare provisions that go into effect next year.

Nation wide resturants are going to cut their staff to 50. For the entire organization?
Really? Where did you read that?

And you know what. If word gets out that these companies are so political that they would do something like that, how many supporters of Obama will quit eating at these places?
Will that be good for business. Or do the owners not want Democrat dollars? If that is the case, they need to come out and say so; No more Dems in our resturants. YOU think the owners have the balls to say that? Or are you just making shit up. Again?

The main thing they are going to do is cut hours to 28 per week.

Unintended consequences of Leftist policy continues to crush the little guy.

How's that hopey changey thingy workin out for ya, servers?

Ahh yes.

Magically the day (if) Obama is elected all businesses downsize or close for no reason at all.

Or was there some proof that businesses will be unquestionable crushed?

Let me know,

Many business owners know what is in Obamcare now and know if it doesnt get repealed or at least cut way back on it they know they wont be able to afford it

I'm at small businesses every day...several are not hiring or not expanding (or both) solely because of Obamacare. One said if Barry is re-elected, he's considering closing his store. One laid off two employees to keep them under the cutoff for a bunch of health care stuff.

They don't seem to have done their homework.

Having an employee on board is to generate additional profit. It only makes sense to get rid of said employee if said profits disappear.

Let's say you hired Jim-Bob for $30k a year, because he'd make your company about an additional $70k in profits.

Of said $70k in *profits, you now have to put $2, 000 towards Obamacare. $68k.

Let's say your taxes go up. What, 5%?

Point is, it's not worth it to get rid of said employees unless his profit generating power goes to zero. Are you telling me these guys had employees on the roles that only generated like a $5k or so profit, yearly? I find that hard to believe.

Many business owners know what is in Obamcare now and know if it doesnt get repealed or at least cut way back on it they know they wont be able to afford it

I'm at small businesses every day...several are not hiring or not expanding (or both) solely because of Obamacare. One said if Barry is re-elected, he's considering closing his store. One laid off two employees to keep them under the cutoff for a bunch of health care stuff.

Having an employee on board is to generate additional profit. It only makes sense to get rid of said employee if said profits disappear.

Let's say you hired Jim-Bob for $30k a year, because he'd make your company about an additional $70k in profits.

Point is, it's not worth it to get rid of said employees unless his profit generating power goes to zero. Are you telling me these guys had employees on the roles that only generated like a $5k or so profit, yearly? I find that hard to believe.

You find it hard to believe that a company has employees which they calculate to be borderline profitable to keep on, and that imposed additional costs to retain them pushes that metric into the unprofitable column?

From your article:

Darden has been aggressively keeping labor costs down. It has cut bartenders' pay and required servers to share tips with them. It also has eliminated busboy positions at Red Lobster and reduced the number of servers working each shift at that chain.

Labor costs as a percentage of sales have dropped steadily from 33.1 percent in fiscal 2010 to 30.8 percent in the most recent quarter

I guess Red Lobster and Olive Garden are two more places that I won't patronize. What a fucking pig company. And right wing losers wonder why we need labor unions.

From your article:

Darden has been aggressively keeping labor costs down. It has cut bartenders' pay and required servers to share tips with them. It also has eliminated busboy positions at Red Lobster and reduced the number of servers working each shift at that chain.

Labor costs as a percentage of sales have dropped steadily from 33.1 percent in fiscal 2010 to 30.8 percent in the most recent quarter

I guess Red Lobster and Olive Garden are two more places that I won't patronize. What a fucking pig company. And right wing losers wonder why we need labor unions.

All restaurants affected by Obamacare will adjust employment to keep their labor costs as a percentage of sales in line.

Unintended consequences of Obamasuck, revealed.

From your article:

Good......more for me.....

From your article:

All restaurants affected by Obamacare will adjust employment to keep their labor costs as a percentage of sales in line.

Unintended consequences of Obamasuck, revealed.

Without Obamacare, this scumbag company was taking servers tips. This is a company that deserves to fail, asswipe.

From your article:

Good......more for me.....

For you that would be fine dining.

Every morning, since I'm retired, I meet several friends at a close cafe for breakfast. I used to run a business, am now a small rancher, and those that come to breakfast are the Ops Manager for a manufacturing plant, a vet, a purchasing manager for another manufacturing plant, and a farmer/rancher like me. We used to have a black guy meet us who was the CFO of a company, but he moved into Tulsa.

I can tell you right now that the Ops Manager for the manufacturing plant has already said that IF Obama gets re-elected AND nothing is done about Obamacare as it is now, they will be REDUCING employment levels. One of their suppliers has 52 employees. They have already laid off three of their workers so that they fall under the maximum number of employees for Obamacare. All plans to grow have been placed on hold. Retiree's, of which there are only three in the next five years at this supplier, will reduce their numbers further and they have NO PLANS to replace them. There are plenty others who will STOP any growth plans and who will actually reduce employment levels so they will fall under government regulations.

I said this the day that Obamacare was passed by a Democratic super-majority. You have NO IDEA what unforeseen ramifications this piece of crap has or will make employers do. You still don't. The number of taxes in Obamacare will bury this nation and you think 2008 was bad? Typical Liberals... "Oh look at us, we're so good because we want to take care of everyone." When all they do is stick their stinky, boney fingers into the festering sore of society and make it worse.

The OP is nothing more than hysterical hyperbolic bullshit. And, apparently, it thinks (and by 'thinks' I obviously mean it gets its opinions from dumbassed left wing hack sites)... that businesses are a bottomless pit of money.

Moron.

Hmmm.

The eloquent California Girl, thanks for the not-so substantive addition.

Move along. Troll.

Ahh, the arrogance of the liberal. As far as I'm aware, you don't own this board, so you don't get to tell me where to post.

I hope that's clear.

From your article:

The rule of thumb for restaurants is...

30% Labor
30% Product
30% Overhead
10% GROSS profit

Looks to me like they can't afford to be as generous as they've been in the past.

Gee, thanks O'Bummer!!

Our old friend David Siegel is at it again!

"If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company."

Now, normally I would not be too opposed to this, but this guy has a history of thinking that things like this are acceptable.

I personally find it hilarious that the man who put a ton of effort to build the largest home (The Queen of Versailles) in the US, yet simultaneously threatens to fire employees if he has to pay ANY new taxes.

He later commented: "It speaks the truth and it gives [employees] something to think about when they go to the polls,"

Seems like some good ole bullying to me.

Since when is the truth not acceptable? Obama is bad for business. That means layoffs.

With the two employees, he was required to offer health care or pay a massive fine. It was cheaper to lay off two employees, have the rest (including him) work a few more hours each, and open an hour later (or close an hour earlier, I forget which) four days a week. He & his wife did the math, it just didn't make sense to do anything else.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back