Visit the third world city known as Los Angeles

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I remember my folks saying how wonderful LA was in the 40's and 50's. That's of course when it was mostly a monoculture.

Trains in downtown Los Angeles ransacked by thieves: 'Amazon packages, UPS boxes, unused Covid tests'​

Union Pacific, a railroad company, has primary jurisdiction over crimes committed on the tracks​

Thieves are digging through train cargo filled with packages in downtown Los Angeles, creating mounds of trash as a result.

CBS 2 Los Angeles photojournalist John Schreiber visited train tracks in the Lincoln Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles and described "looted packages as far as the eye can see," including "Amazon packages, UPS boxes, unused Covid tests, fishing lures, epi pens," he said in a Thursday tweet.

Los Angeles has taken a far more dangerous turn. That's why UHaul is out of trucks for out of state moves. Even the best parts are now tainted. It will eventually become a crime hub like New York.

LA is a beautiful city with some bad areas.

By comparison....

Mobile is a bad city with badder areas.

LA has really gone down hill. I've been out here in Vegas almost ten years now and I have been traveling back and forth to LA all this time for work. I've seen the decline first hand. The homeless problem is out of control. The streets are trashed, the highways are riddled with litter. It was not like this ten years, not nearly to this extent. I used to enjoy going to Venice Beach for the weekend here and there. Haven't bothered in a few years now. It's been completely trashed by homeless and transients. I've had to deal with thieves stealing copper from some of our facilities. Crime in general has gone way up.

When I'd be in town I'd go jogging at Echo Park. The last time I went there was in February of 2020, right before everything started closing. The park was inundated with homeless people in tents. You'd walk by and they would reek like BO and shit. It was awful. The mayor finally reattached his balls and forced them all out of there last spring, but I haven't bothered heading there since that last time two years ago, so I don't know if it's back to normal or not.

LA has really gone down hill. I've been out here in Vegas almost ten years now and I have been traveling back and forth to LA all this time for work. I've seen the decline first hand. The homeless problem is out of control. The streets are trashed, the highways are riddled with litter. It was not like this ten years, not nearly to this extent. I used to enjoy going to Venice Beach for the weekend here and there. Haven't bothered in a few years now. It's been completely trashed by homeless and transients. I've had to deal with thieves stealing copper from some of our facilities. Crime in general has gone way up.

When I'd be in town I'd go jogging at Echo Park. The last time I went there was in February of 2020, right before everything started closing. The park was inundated with homeless people in tents. You'd walk by and they would reek like BO and shit. It was awful. The mayor finally reattached his balls and forced them all out of there last spring, but I haven't bothered heading there since that last time two years ago, so I don't know if it's back to normal or not.
Because Las Vegas doesnt have an extreme homeless problem either......

Had a great time in LA when I visited. Stayed at the W in Westwood in a 2 Br Suite. Walked over to the nearby art museum which is pretty cool. Went out to several bars. Went to the beach really enjoyed the beaches in LA they are really wide beaches which was interesting. Would not hesitate to return.

1. I have lived in Los Angeles since the 1940s.

2. As a teenager, my parents had the money to send me to a private school, for our local high school was, uh, "changing" in the early1950s, and some of the, uh, "students" were deemed dangerous.

3. I then attended a famous university there.

4. Back in the 1950s, Los Angeles was a segregated city. So the, uh, "bad guys" pretty much knew better than to go into the, uh, "nice areas" to cause trouble. They concentrated on their own areas. So crime was never an issue in the "nice areas." Heck, when I walked around the university at night, I didn't even think of violent crime back then.

5. Yes, today Los Angeles is 100% different. It is now a Hispanic majority city. So most of the violent crime is committed by them. That other minority group is supposedly down to 9%, but -- not to worry -- some of their young gentlemen succeed in adding to the number of violent perps, too.

6. It is now a woke city run by woke politicians, such as the district attorney who loves perps. He is confident that he can reform them. So he refuses to charge them with anything serious.

7. Like it or not, Los Angeles is the harbinger of the future United States of America.

Last edited:
1. I have lived in Los Angeles since the 1940s.

2. As a teenager, my parents had the money to send me to a private school, for our local high school was, uh, changing in the early1950s, and some of the, uh, "students" were deemed dangerous.

3. I then attended a famous university there.

4. Back in the 1950s, Los Angeles was a segregated city. So the, uh, bad guys pretty much knew better than to go into the, uh, nice areas to cause trouble. They concentrated on their own areas. So crime was never an issue in the nice areas. Heck, when I walked around the university at night, I didn't even think of violent crime back then.

5. Yes, today Los Angeles is 100% different. It is now a Hispanic majority city. So most of the violent crime is committed by them. That other minority group is supposedly down to 9%, but -- not to worry -- some of their young gentlemen succeed in adding to the number of violent perps, too.

6. It is now a woke city run by woke politicians, such as the district attorney who loves perps. He is confident that he can reform them. So he refuses to charge them with anything serious.

7. Like it or not, Los Angeles is the harbinger of the future United States of America.
Just admit it. YOu'd love it if the US was still segregated.

They have the same problems all large cities have. Dallas has tent cities too. Copper was stolen from the AC units on my in-law's church in Texas.

Its not as if LA has problems unique to LA.

The train robberies are a new twist...granted. LOL

Had a great time in LA when I visited. Stayed at the W in Westwood in a 2 Br Suite. Walked over to the nearby art museum which is pretty cool. Went out to several bars. Went to the beach really enjoyed the beaches in LA they are really wide beaches which was interesting. Would not hesitate to return.
you were in the nicer areas......try a few miles south of there.....totally different .......

Because Las Vegas doesnt have an extreme homeless problem either......

Not to the extent of Los Angeles. It's not even close. And that's not the point anyway. I said LA has gotten considerably worse over the last ten years. It was not this bad before and that has no relevancy to what is going on in Vegas or any other city.

Every city in America has its bad areas. It's an unfortunate side effect of unbridled capitalism.
Dude, LA has some very serious "bad areas". "Unbridled capitalism"? What the hell does that even mean?
Liberal politics has created what is going on in LA. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
George Soros was a big donor for the District Attorney campaign, and he is light on serious crime.

Forum List

Back