Virginia may have proved that 'I'm not Trump' is not enough

PinktheFloyd88

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2021
Dallas
McAullife's entire campaign seems to be vote for me because I'm not a Trumper.

It seems that did not resonate much with voters. Inflation is up, student loans still have not been cancelled, and Biden's agenda has stalled in the Congress.

Voters want more than just ''vote for me I'm not Trump'' it would seem. Big lesson for Democrats and Liberals for the upcoming 2022 midterms.

Unfortunately for America the worst is yet to come

Biden is failing on all fronts as he seems to think that battling climate change is worth any sacrifice the American public are forced to make

It's up to the PEOPLE to stop the destruction of America.

It seems that did not resonate much with voters. Inflation is up, student loans still have not been cancelled, and Biden's agenda has stalled in the Congress.

Voters want more than just ''vote for me I'm not Trump'' it would seem. Big lesson for Democrats and Liberals for the upcoming 2022 midterms.
Remind me again, how is it big lessons for democrats??? Nothing could be further from the truth.
We are mighty happy that Murphy got a second term in NJ.

How the pendulum has swung against presidents

After the election of President Donald Trump in 2016, Democrats won the governorships in both Virginia and New Jersey in 2017. Both winners ran as critics of the new president.

Eight years earlier, one year after the election of President Barack Obama (who carried both states), Virginia and New Jersey chose Republican governors.

Eight years before that, following the election of President George W. Bush in 2000, Virginia chose Democrat Mark Warner for governor in 2001. Warner served a term as governor and moved on to the U.S. Senate, where he serves today. His successor as governor, Democrat Tim Kaine, won his term one year after Bush was reelected. Kaine now serves with Warner in the Senate and was their party's 2016 vice presidential nominee.

And if Republicans thrived in Virginia in Clinton's time, Democrats did surprisingly well there during the long era of Ronald Reagan's dominance that preceded it. Starting in 1981, when Reagan was still in his inaugural year in office, Democrats won the governorship three consecutive times with Chuck Robb, Gerald Baliles and Douglas Wilder all serving full four-year terms.

Why Virginia and New Jersey governor races get national attention : NPR

Unfortunately for America the worst is yet to come

Biden is failing on all fronts as he seems to think that battling climate change is worth any sacrifice the American public are forced to make
Asking Americans to sacrifice for the good of the country or the world isn`t going over so well with Republicans.

EJy7Xpg.jpg

It isn't.

2016 proved that too.

Of course what we don't know is how the election would have turned out if the GOP candidate/winner would have really embraced the blob. So if the blob runs again in 2024...I think Joe wins. If another candidate is nominated...could be a big problem for the Dems.

They won't learn it. They can't. The things they now stand for are abhorrent to Americans:

--high taxes
--open borders
--unlimited abortion
--Wokeism
--Covid restrictions
--Corporatism
--Defund the Police

etc, etc, etc. ALL YOU HAVE is "Trump". That's it.

Remind me again, how is it big lessons for democrats??? Nothing could be further from the truth.
We are mighty happy that Murphy got a second term in NJ.

How the pendulum has swung against presidents

After the election of President Donald Trump in 2016, Democrats won the governorships in both Virginia and New Jersey in 2017. Both winners ran as critics of the new president.

Eight years earlier, one year after the election of President Barack Obama (who carried both states), Virginia and New Jersey chose Republican governors.

Eight years before that, following the election of President George W. Bush in 2000, Virginia chose Democrat Mark Warner for governor in 2001. Warner served a term as governor and moved on to the U.S. Senate, where he serves today. His successor as governor, Democrat Tim Kaine, won his term one year after Bush was reelected. Kaine now serves with Warner in the Senate and was their party's 2016 vice presidential nominee.

And if Republicans thrived in Virginia in Clinton's time, Democrats did surprisingly well there during the long era of Ronald Reagan's dominance that preceded it. Starting in 1981, when Reagan was still in his inaugural year in office, Democrats won the governorship three consecutive times with Chuck Robb, Gerald Baliles and Douglas Wilder all serving full four-year terms.

Why Virginia and New Jersey governor races get national attention : NPR

Penelope no one in YOUR OWN PARTY Is saying this....but whatever.

Yup. The GOP turnout is always going to be huge, and you can't motivate the rest of the electorate on a negative.

Back and forth, back and forth. The parties just don't seem to learn that you can't just cram your agenda down America's throats.

I would agree, that the Democrats are failing to take advantage of a very small window to enact change.

That said, Virginia has been won by the Out of Party candidate in 11 of the last 12 elections. And McAullife wasn't a great candidate to start with.

Youngkin also ran a smart campaign. He kept Trump at arm's length, and he managed to demagogue issues like CRT and school boards.

Maybe people would prefer proper politicians, and proper political parties. But are stuck with the Reps and Dems.

Yup. The GOP turnout is always going to be huge, and you can't motivate the rest of the electorate on a negative.

Back and forth, back and forth. The parties just don't seem to learn that you can't just cram your agenda down America's throats.

By the time Biden/Harris is done, believe this, Americans would HAPPILY vote Trump back in office. Enjoy that thought, Mac

By the time Biden/Harris is done, believe this, Americans would HAPPILY vote Trump back in office. Enjoy that thought, Mac

No, they won't.

Here's how this is going to play out...

2022, Republicans will take congress due to a combination of gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Then the GOP will do exactly what they did in 1995 and 2011... try to pass a bunch of crazy laws, shut down the government a few times, and scare the hell out of normal people, and Biden will have no problem getting re-elected just like Clinton and Obama did.

They won't learn it. They can't. The things they now stand for are abhorrent to Americans:

--high taxes
--open borders
--unlimited abortion
--Wokeism
--Covid restrictions
--Corporatism
--Defund the Police

etc, etc, etc. ALL YOU HAVE is "Trump". That's it.

Wow, really? It seems to me the GOP is the party of Corporatism.

The fact you need these fake issues because you can't really talk about economic ones says a lot, Islamophobic Twat.

No, they won't.

Here's how this is going to play out...

2022, Republicans will take congress due to a combination of gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Then the GOP will do exactly what they did in 1995 and 2011... try to pass a bunch of crazy laws, shut down the government a few times, and scare the hell out of normal people, and Biden will have no problem getting re-elected just like Clinton and Obama did.
Youre a fucking moron if you think Biden will win anything ever again. Not that it matters because, the DNC wont even let him run again.

And if we don’t vote Trump back in, we can just have the republicans throw out the votes and put him into power for us!

Trump`s riot was a real vote getter? Liz Cheney`s evidence points to trump being involved with planning the MAGA riot.

Forum List

Back