Video: Lebanese Baby 'Joins' Hezbollah

Muslims wear kufi and read from the quran facing mecca. Why is that so different than wearing a kipa or yarmulke and facing the direction of the temple? Muslims perform salaat and jews daven.
..............and Sherri has proven herself a moron of all three religions

And the lack of credibility of MEMRI has been widely written about and it includes mistranslations, no links to sources, taking segments out of the full context they appear in, it has been widely written about.
Arab speakers. Arab words across the bottom of the screen. English captions by MEMRI = Obvious Lies. Not to be believed because it's mis-translated. I read that in Maaaaa'aaaaaan.

MEMRI may be accurate (that is highly disputed) but it edits its videos and information and is very selective about what it reports and, in a sense, thaat creates the story.

One would call a site that very selectively only relayed negative, albeit truthful, stories about Jewish people, as anti-Semitic. I am sure one could paint an entirely negative picture of Jewish society by taking publications from Jewsish presses and paint a horrible and yet inaccurate picture.

Do you realoly think it speaks well of Jewish/Israeli culture and peoples to so blindly accept such hateful sites as this. It is almost as though you are cutting your own throats. You certainly are handing your enemies a loaded weapon.

MEMRI is based out of Washington DC and covers news from East Asia to South America as well and translates in a dozen languages.

Are you suggesting that what is broadcast in Arabic, Urdu, Turkish, etc. should not be translated so others can see what what is being said? We have translators for text on computers, why not for videos? What is said in other countries is still news.

MEMRI is indeed Washington DC based but nearly half of its founding members were Israelis who had seen service with Israeli military intelligence..

"The Board of directors and advisors of MEMRI includes Ehud Barak, Norman Podhoretz, Elie Wiesel, John Bolton, Nathan Sharansky, Elliott Abrams, Paul Bremer, Steve Emerson, Edgar Bronfman, Mort Zuckerman, Gen. Michael V. Hayden, Jeffrey Kaufman, Oliver "Buck" Revell, Robert Reilly"

Figure it out.

MEMRI's initial mission statement was "In its research, the institute puts emphasis on the continuing relevance of Zionism to the Jewish people and to the state of Israel." They changed that after the 9/11 attacks to make it more palatable to Americans.

I am suggesting that such translations by MEMRI are very selective and are chosen to portray Muslim and Arab society in the worse possible light. I imagine I can find many Jewish publications coming out of garages that are distasteful and they would no more represent Judaism than MEMRI represents Arabs.

And again, the editing is the story.

Middle East Media Research Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chocolate covered B.S.

Lets look at the video and the title they give it, Lebanese baby joins Hezbollah, babies do not join Hezbollah.

That is what Hezbullah is broadcasting. MEMRI just translates.
The Arab speakers are obviously being mistranslated as well as the screen crawler. Ask any terrorist supporter. And they can't even speak or read the language.

I watched that video, and MEMRI certainly was not exposed in that video ! All those idiots did was state the same crap that was dismantled in this thread lol!

There are enough reporters on channels like CNN that speak arabic and farci that don't dispute the translations.
MEMRI does not just cherry pick the most extreme bits or video but moderates as well. That they don't get as much media attention if not MEMRI's fault. They are available to anyone that wants to view them. Even critics don't want the more radical volatile broadcast being swept under the language rug.
The so called cherry picking is mostly because english language media over there "don't" report on this stories. Why would we need MEMRI to translate what is all ready being reported in Arabia TV and news?
I read or watch stories that MEMRI does not pick up on, and I share controversial stories with other in the middle east though my news papers and social media. They share stories with me that I might miss. I get headlines off the wire services as well in different languages. I have people giving live video and reports in their own words of what is happening outside their window that news services don't get mostly because there are not enough reporters or they won't venture into some of the areas. I've shared new that does not make it to major news sources for days. A few news agencies not follow my sites to pick up information.
It is a matter of who thinks something is important and to which audience. Some responsible news agencies get at three independent sources before publishing. In my conversation or blog I might be involved in elsewhere we are not bound by rules of journalism when so many are eye witnesses or are privy to information that might generally not be public.
We all cherry pick even if just on subject we are more knowledgeable on or have a personal interest in. I certainly don't care about cricket or american football so I'm not going to be sharing stories on those subjects. I don't share news on the middle east with any of my medical forums.

I JUST posted a video addressing several instances of proven mistranslations being exposed.

So, they simply have no credibility.

Lets look at the video and the title they give it, Lebanese baby joins Hezbollah, babies do not join Hezbollah.

lmao at anyone watching MEMRI

You all are obviously all Haters just looking for an excuse to hate.

What about MEMRI are you not swallowing?

Are you saying the translations are incorrect?
Are you saying the Arabs/Muslims in the videos are really Zionist actors?

Personally, I think you criticize it because like I said, it is a Jewish organization.

But maybe you can prove me wrong , 'dreolin' ?

BTW Sherri, you didn't answer any of the question in my post, all you did was spew crap ...as usual :D

I JUST posted a video addressing several instances of proven mistranslations being exposed.

So, they simply have no credibility.

lmao at anyone watching MEMRI

You all are obviously all Haters just looking for an excuse to hate.

BTW Sherri, you didn't answer any of the question in my post, all you did was spew crap ...as usual :D

Since you are obviously too delirious of understanding things I have already said, I will simplify you by putting it in point form:

- I've watched your video in the past, as well as the other video posted in this thread

- The videos DO NOT IN ANY WAY prove that MEMRI has no credibility

-I dare you to take a point(s) from the video and challenge MEMRI, instead of just posting a video and coming to your conclusion

- ALL MEMRI does is show us clips from Arab/Muslim T.V stations in the Middle East, mainly consisting of newscasts where Muslim extremists/clerics express their hateful ideologies

- Considering nothing you say has even a grain a credibility, it is beyond ironic that you would tell other people what is and isn't credible.

- The fact that you are trying so hard to delegitimize MEMRI shows us that you are desperate to cover up what is being said in those videos by the clerics/extremists

-You're an Islamo Nazi fascist

Forum List

Back