VIDEO: How Can We Win?

I know a lot of Black people who have worked hard and become successful. How did they do that being held down and oppressed with their skin color? :confused-84:
Because there are always exceptions to everything. But what we want are the same opportunites for everyone else, not just those of us who were fortunate.

Did you even listen to her explain how our econmics are managed and destroyed by a system of institutional racism?
She is talking about things that happened 100 years ago, Tulsa and Rosewood, not about today. That's because she can't point to anything today that is preventing black people from improving their economic lot in America today except for ignorant, brain washed people like her to try to convince young black people that they can't do it. All that is needed for a black person to rise out of poverty is a decent education and a commitment to work hard.
I think you keep missing the point. Blacks shouldnt have to work 10x harder than whites just to be on the same level.
They don't. They just have to get a decent education and work hard, just as white people who earn a decent living do, and many black people do just that.
I know a lot of Black people who have worked hard and become successful. How did they do that being held down and oppressed with their skin color? :confused-84:
Because there are always exceptions to everything. But what we want are the same opportunites for everyone else, not just those of us who were fortunate.

Did you even listen to her explain how our econmics are managed and destroyed by a system of institutional racism?
She is talking about things that happened 100 years ago, Tulsa and Rosewood, not about today. That's because she can't point to anything today that is preventing black people from improving their economic lot in America today except for ignorant, brain washed people like her to try to convince young black people that they can't do it. All that is needed for a black person to rise out of poverty is a decent education and a commitment to work hard.
I think you keep missing the point. Blacks shouldnt have to work 10x harder than whites just to be on the same level.
They don't. All they have to do is get a decent education and work hard just as white people who earn a decent living have to do. All that is holding them back is the belief espoused in this video and championed by people like you that they are helpless. There is no institutionalized racism in America anymore and there is no white privilege anymore. All that is holding black people down today is this culture of "I can't" that you and the woman in this video are espousing.
Thats some bullshit. The only thing holding Black people back is giving up because whites put plenty of obstacles in their way.
lol Name one.
One was already mentioned in this thread. If your name gives a hint that you are Black you wont even get called for a interview.
I wouldn't have thought anyone could stupid and ignorant enough to say that today. That would be a violation of the person's civil rights and make the company liable for fines and vulnerable to lawsuits. Any supervisor who did such a thing would lose his own job. Have you been in a coma for the last fifty years?
Hopefully they would be dumb enough to say it. However, the laws are not in our favor. Unless they openly admit they didnt interview you because of your name they cant be sued. However, the study that was done submitted the exact same resume with a anglo sounding name and the person got a call for an interview.
You just keep making up more and more bullshit to support your bizarre lies. There are no recent studies that show wide spread discrimination in hiring. The only thing holding young black people down are people like you who tell them it is hopeless when it clearly is not.
Your ignorance in these matters seem to know no bounds. All you had to do was look on the internet.

"In fact, companies are more than twice as likely to call minority applicants for interviews if they submit whitened resumes than candidates who reveal their race—and this discriminatory practice is just as strong for businesses that claim to value diversity as those that don’t.

These research findings should provide a startling wakeup call for business executives: A bias against minorities runs rampant through the resume screening process at companies throughout the United States, says Katherine A. DeCelles, the James M. Collins Visiting Associate Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School."

lol Obviously a biased article. All it says is that companies prefer to hire applicants who do not include their race on their application and the author calls that "whitening" without examining if that also holds true for white applicants. Was there also a preference for white applicants who didn't indicate their race on applications? The author apparently didn't care.
You sound like an idiot. How can a white person "whiten" their resume? Also I see you neglected to mention the other study.

They don't. They just have to get a decent education and work hard, just as white people who earn a decent living do, and many black people do just that.

They don't. All they have to do is get a decent education and work hard just as white people who earn a decent living have to do. All that is holding them back is the belief espoused in this video and championed by people like you that they are helpless. There is no institutionalized racism in America anymore and there is no white privilege anymore. All that is holding black people down today is this culture of "I can't" that you and the woman in this video are espousing.
Thats some bullshit. The only thing holding Black people back is giving up because whites put plenty of obstacles in their way.
lol Name one.
One was already mentioned in this thread. If your name gives a hint that you are Black you wont even get called for a interview.
I wouldn't have thought anyone could stupid and ignorant enough to say that today. That would be a violation of the person's civil rights and make the company liable for fines and vulnerable to lawsuits. Any supervisor who did such a thing would lose his own job. Have you been in a coma for the last fifty years?
Hopefully they would be dumb enough to say it. However, the laws are not in our favor. Unless they openly admit they didnt interview you because of your name they cant be sued. However, the study that was done submitted the exact same resume with a anglo sounding name and the person got a call for an interview.
You just keep making up more and more bullshit to support your bizarre lies. There are no recent studies that show wide spread discrimination in hiring. The only thing holding young black people down are people like you who tell them it is hopeless when it clearly is not.
Your ignorance in these matters seem to know no bounds. All you had to do was look on the internet.

"In fact, companies are more than twice as likely to call minority applicants for interviews if they submit whitened resumes than candidates who reveal their race—and this discriminatory practice is just as strong for businesses that claim to value diversity as those that don’t.

These research findings should provide a startling wakeup call for business executives: A bias against minorities runs rampant through the resume screening process at companies throughout the United States, says Katherine A. DeCelles, the James M. Collins Visiting Associate Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School."

lol Obviously a biased article. All it says is that companies prefer to hire applicants who do not include their race on their application and the author calls that "whitening" without examining if that also holds true for white applicants. Was there also a preference for white applicants who didn't indicate their race on applications? The author apparently didn't care.
You sound like an idiot. How can a white person "whiten" their resume? Also I see you neglected to mention the other study.
Drinking bleach?

Drinking bleach?

I remember hearing about a hate crime involving a group of blacks pouring bleach down a white couple's throat. It happened a couple of years ago.

I don't think it was funny, myself but hey -- that's just me.
Of course you didn’t. The victims were white. It’s ok. We understand.

lol Name one.

If you had read and understood the article, you would know that "whitening" simply means not indicating your race or ethnicity in the application, so did white applicants who didn't indicate their race or ethnicity get more call backs than white applicants who did? If so, then there would be no evidence of discrimination based on minority status.

They didnt give up or they got lucky. Its common knowledge that a Black person has to be 10x better at something than a white person does just to get the job with less pay.

I brought this up in another thread. I think everyone agrees that racism created a massive problem. My question is what now? I think if you completely eliminated all racism, you'd still have a huge problem. Racism got us into the mess, but I don't think getting out of the mess has anything to do with race. The people in the Ivory Towers and the social workers are saying that nothing is anybody's fault, great. Now what. Most seem to want the government to step in more than it already has, but using money to prop up poverty just creates more poverty. Everyone should have hope and opportunities, I'm curious if any of our justice warriors have a plan for the next step.

They didnt give up or they got lucky. Its common knowledge that a Black person has to be 10x better at something than a white person does just to get the job with less pay.

I brought this up in another thread. I think everyone agrees that racism created a massive problem. My question is what now? I think if you completely eliminated all racism, you'd still have a huge problem. Racism got us into the mess, but I don't think getting out of the mess has anything to do with race. The people in the Ivory Towers and the social workers are saying that nothing is anybody's fault, great. Now what. Most seem to want the government to step in more than it already has, but using money to prop up poverty just creates more poverty. Everyone should have hope and opportunities, I'm curious if any of our justice warriors have a plan for the next step.

That is an interesting distinction...what are your thoughts on how to get out of it? (I do not see any easy answers)

That is an interesting distinction...what are your thoughts on how to get out of it? (I do not see any easy answers)

I think if anyone really had any answers, they'd be like a super hero. As it is, poverty hasn't gotten any better for a very long time. Generational poverty is quite the trap, and it affects all races.

Without crackers: A lot of black women would not have any hair.
True story and something to keep in mind.
Also it supports the black women that weave it up and sell it.
90% of black women's hair comes from horses.
In the OP video? That's a horse mane.
IM2 and Asclepias Where's all that lice talk, you sub-100 IQ fucks?!
Keep your lice to yourself. It has nothing to do with the topic recessive one.
Yeah, horses don't get lice, I guess. However, there are historical reports of lice infestations in the cargo holds of slave ships. So what's up, nappy head?

"When slaves were captured, their hair was cut off, to begin the process of eradicating their sense of culture and identity. They were then given head-wraps to use as protection against harsh weather and the spread of head lice. When hair grew back, there was no time to form elaborate hairstyles. Initially, these head-wraps were given to both sexes but later were used exclusively by women. In some places in the South, women were required by law to secure their hair in these wraps."

Last edited:

Of course eliminating racism isnt going to fix the damage that racism has caused. The wealth gap needs to be closed. Money is the great equalizer. I could care less if someone hates me because I'm Black. Why? Because I have money and can afford to do what I want to.

lol Name one.

If you had read and understood the article, you would know that "whitening" simply means not indicating your race or ethnicity in the application, so did white applicants who didn't indicate their race or ethnicity get more call backs than white applicants who did? If so, then there would be no evidence of discrimination based on minority status.
Hey dummy. If you had read and understood the article you would know that anyone who didnt indicate their race got more call backs.

You obviously think it is funny, then.
Pardon? Did I laugh?
Reasonable people reject race based torture killing.

How sad hat you try to posit the rejection of such barbarity as racist. This does not speak well of usmessageboard.
Indeed. Reasonable people do. What is your excuse? What delusional impulse leads you to imagine everyone is laughing at you?

In the meantime, maybe you can enlighten us with your awesome wisdom...what anti-white pogroms (using the accepted definition) are going on?

Indeed. Reasonable people do. What is your excuse? What delusional impulse leads you to imagine everyone is laughing at you?

In the meantime, maybe you can enlighten us with your awesome wisdom...what anti-white pogroms (using the accepted definition) are going on?
What do you mean my excuse?

You are the one supporting blacks pouring bleach down white peoples throats.

You really are one incredibly sick individual.

Pardon? Did I laugh?

How sad hat you try to posit the rejection of such barbarity as racist. This does not speak well of usmessageboard.

You are utterly

Pardon? Did I laugh?

What do you mean my excuse?

You are the one supporting blacks pouring leach down white peoples throats.

You really are one incredibly sick individual.
Well, sweetheart, if you think I support that, sans any posts to that effect, I have to to place it in the same category as your delusion you are being laughed at. (Though...I could have sworn I heard a snigger from the peanut gallery)...in other words, non compos mente. I have more important things to worry about than my own personal stalker and his obsession that people somehow support pouring bleach down a person’s throat, regardless of race. Time for bedtime :)

lol Name one.

Hey dummy. If you had read and understood the article you would know that anyone who didnt indicate their race got more call backs.
That's not true, of course, since she didn't examine the applications of white people who did or did not indicate race, but if it were true that anyone, including white applicants, who didn't indicate race got more call backs, then the "study" didn't show racial bias in hiring.

Lol!

Why do blacks earn 82 cents for every dollar whites earn?

Why does the average white family have 15 times the wealth of black?

These are not questions you are willing to answer honestly.
You keep pretending that "blacks" and "whites" are some monolithic entity where individual responsibility, drive, work ethic, intelligence, creativity and good attitude are non factors. The reality is all of those traits shape the trajectory of our lives. I don't know why blacks underachieve on average. Maybe the fact that 2/3rds of the kids grow up with no adult role model to guide them is part of it?
If you were given 65% of available resources and advantages and someone else was given 35%, in how many areas do you think you would be able to accomplish more?
There are people given 100% of available resources who end up dead of an overdose at age 25. There are people given 1% of available resources who have successful, happy lives.

Do I think it is a shame that kids have to grow up in the Hell hole of an inner city without a Father? You bet, I've been posting about that since I joined this board 6 years ago. But to change that, the Democratic leaders of those inner cities need to give a damn. They don't. So end of story.
That wasn't the question.

Forum List

Back