Veterans are being told to pay back bonuses..........

Now veterans are being told that even though they risked their asses by going into war zones in the ME, they are not eligible for the bonuses they were given and are being told they have to repay them. Many were given enlistment bonuses of 15,000 or more.

Pentagon Demands Return Of Cash Bonuses Paid To California Soldiers For Going To War A Decade Ago

Now, considering that most of our military live paycheck to paycheck because they don't get paid enough (an E-6 over 20 years of service only makes 36,000/yr), most of them will have a financial hardship in paying back the money.

I say let them keep the money, and let it go at that. They served in a war zone and risked their asses. They deserve the money for reenlisting and going back into a war zone.

Does anyone else find this reprehensible?
aren't libtards stupid pos?
Never waste an opportunity to blame something on liberals sight unseen....eh?
Why not? Liberals blame Republicans for everything. Ewe got hurt feelings?
Actually, if you bothered to look, I am giving kudos to two Republican Congressmen for taking this on.....and no...my feelings aren't hurt. I'm not the simpleton who immediately blames XXXX party for everything.
It isn't simple. It is fact. You assholes are still blaming Bush and Republicans. Take a dose of your own medication. The only thing you cannot blame on Republicans is obamacare. Not a single solitary Republican voted for it. Ha ha!

Now veterans are being told that even though they risked their asses by going into war zones in the ME, they are not eligible for the bonuses they were given and are being told they have to repay them. Many were given enlistment bonuses of 15,000 or more.

Pentagon Demands Return Of Cash Bonuses Paid To California Soldiers For Going To War A Decade Ago

Now, considering that most of our military live paycheck to paycheck because they don't get paid enough (an E-6 over 20 years of service only makes 36,000/yr), most of them will have a financial hardship in paying back the money.

I say let them keep the money, and let it go at that. They served in a war zone and risked their asses. They deserve the money for reenlisting and going back into a war zone.

Can we all come together and agree that the veterans keep the money and get refunded for payments already taken?
Absolutely!

Actually, if you bothered to look, I am giving kudos to two Republican Congressmen for taking this on.....and no...my feelings aren't hurt. I'm not the simpleton who immediately blames XXXX party for everything.
It isn't simple. It is fact. You assholes are still blaming Bush and Republicans. Take a dose of your own medication. The only thing you cannot blame on Republicans is obamacare. Not a single solitary Republican voted for it. Ha ha!
Exactly! It isn't simple....one does not just knee jerk into blaming XXXX party. And this isn't thread isn't about Obamacare, is it? If you can't stay on topic...you really don't have much.

Exactly! It isn't simple....one does not just knee jerk into blaming XXXX party. And this isn't thread isn't about Obamacare, is it? If you can't stay on topic...you really don't have much.
Actually you went off topic by admonishing me for blaming god innocent little libtards. Actually libtards inhabit California like cockroaches so I will stick with blaming the libtards who happen to hate our military.

I'm guessing what is being left unsaid is that the people that recieved the bonuses were knowingly involved in fraud. One guy sounds stupid and would rather lose his military benefits than pay back the bonus.

Actually, in the military, you kinda depend on the personnel clerk to tell you what bonuses you are or are not eligible for.

And, I promise you, no personnel clerk will pay you a bonus that you are not eligible for. Why? Because there is too much paperwork for the authorization that can easily be traced. They have to verify your eligibility with the regs, figure out from the regs provided what the bonus amount is, type a Pg. 13 Record of Memorandum stating that you received the bonus, as well as the other documents that you send to disbursing to get the payment made.

Nope, there was no fraud here, just a bunch of idiots at the top who write the regs that got it wrong. Everyone down the chain was just following what the regs said.
Depends. The frontline recruiters get bonuses for the people they get to reenlist. I've been through the process and there is a lot of corruption in the military.
guarantee tbis is what happened. someone was pushing through bonuses that weren't earned to keep retention up.

they sucked the money out of NGB, other states suffered. people in the CAARNG went to jail.

so why should fraudulent bonuses be retained?

Absolutely. What do you bet the ruling came from the POTUS..(spitting at the thought.)

I'll take that bet, because military spending is factored into the budget and the Defense Authorization Act (passed by Congress) is what determines if they will pay a bonus to them. It's part of the defense budget.

Not only that, but these troops were part of the National Guard, which is partially paid for by the state as well in some cases.

I'd like to know who it was, and why they said that these soldiers are no longer eligible for their bonuses.

What's even more, is I want to know why they waited TEN FREAKING YEARS before deciding that they needed the money back.

Shoot.................it's only 20 million or so, let them keep the money, it's cheaper than buying just one jet fighter.
Any number of executive actions could stop this. California can collect but it doesn't mean they have to.

Absolutely. What do you bet the ruling came from the POTUS..(spitting at the thought.)

I'll take that bet, because military spending is factored into the budget and the Defense Authorization Act (passed by Congress) is what determines if they will pay a bonus to them. It's part of the defense budget.

Not only that, but these troops were part of the National Guard, which is partially paid for by the state as well in some cases.

I'd like to know who it was, and why they said that these soldiers are no longer eligible for their bonuses.

What's even more, is I want to know why they waited TEN FREAKING YEARS before deciding that they needed the money back.

Shoot.................it's only 20 million or so, let them keep the money, it's cheaper than buying just one jet fighter.
Any number of executive actions could stop this. California can collect but it doesn't mean they have to.
why shouldn't they? why are people in favor of fraud?

Who committed the fraud? The soldiers? Or the state of California?

soldiers

The paper reported that nearly 10,000 soldiers, many of whom risked their lives during multiple combat tours, have been ordered to repay the cash bonuses after audits revealed widespread overpayments by California Guard officials under pressure to meet enlistment targets at the height of the wars 10 years ago.

But soldiers say the military is reneging on old agreements and imposing severe financial hardship on those whose only mistake was to accept the bonuses, which amounted to $15,000 or more.

In this case the soldiers were given an offer to reenlist and they accepted it. That was the terms under which they agreed to additional service

Will the Pentagon offer them back the three years of their lives if they return the money?

Last edited:

What fraud? They're going after obscure technicalities so that the California EPA can afford to hire 15 Diversity and Inclusion enforcers and pay them $100k each. Money doesn't grow on trees, you know.

soldiers
How?

Actually you went off topic by admonishing me for blaming god innocent little libtards. Actually libtards inhabit California like cockroaches so I will stick with blaming the libtards who happen to hate our military.
I am not blaming anyone but those in the Pentagon trying to make them pay back their bonuses....you, on the other hand, want to make sweeping accusations at libs.......and now you accuse libs for hating our military when many of us are vets.

Sounds like you only like our vets when it is convenient for your "cause".....while I would like all our vets to not be ripped off by the DoD.

The paper reported that nearly 10,000 soldiers, many of whom risked their lives during multiple combat tours, have been ordered to repay the cash bonuses after audits revealed widespread overpayments by California Guard officials under pressure to meet enlistment targets at the height of the wars 10 years ago.

But soldiers say the military is reneging on old agreements and imposing severe financial hardship on those whose only mistake was to accept the bonuses, which amounted to $15,000 or more.

In this case the soldiers were given an offer to reenlist and they accepted it. That was the terms under which they agreed to additional service

Will the Pentagon offer them back the three years of their lives if they return the money?
but they weren't eligible for the bonuses. why should they get tens of thousands of dollars while others who did exactly the same thing but didn't accept fraudulent bonuses get nothing?

What fraud? They're going after obscure technicalities so that the California EPA can afford to hire 15 Diversity and Inclusion enforcers and pay them $100k each. Money doesn't grow on trees, you know.
This thread is about our vets being forced to pay back reenlistment bonuses they took in good faith....why are you going off topic?

soldiers
How?
how? they put in for bonuses they weren't eligible for.

I am not blaming anyone but those in the Pentagon trying to make them pay back their bonuses....you, on the other hand, want to make sweeping accusations at libs.......and now you accuse libs for hating our military when many of us are vets.

Sounds like you only like our vets when it is convenient for your "cause".....while I would like all our vets to not be ripped off by the DoD.
Leftist assholes are on this thread right now supporting this obtuse action by government.

They kinda prove it right.

soldiers
Nope, they did not...they accepted offered bonuses. It was not in their power to know that said bonuses were not to be offered.

This thread is about our vets being forced to pay back reenlistment bonuses they took in good faith....why are you going off topic?
It shows where California's priorities are.

soldiers
How?
how? they put in for bonuses they weren't eligible for.
How would the soldiers know they were not eligible?

Forum List

Back