Vegan Diet Bad?

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
"Newton’s diet would normally be his business. But after two underwhelming performances to begin the 2019 season, coupled with a lingering mid-left foot sprain that will cost him at least two games, it bears further examination."

"Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton went vegan in 2019, but nutritionists and trainers say the diet may be affecting the NFL star’s performance and ability to recover from a Lisfranc/mid-left foot sprain."

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article235295427.html#storylink=cpy

He's just going downhill fast. He's been plagued by shoulder and foot injuries and had shoulder surgery twice and does not seem to have recovered well.

He's also been drinking and smoking. And now he says he went vegan in February. He stopped lifting weights. He's in mental and physical decline. None of these things are compatible with playing pro football.

A vegan diet in general is a difficult assimilation especially when making sure one gets enough protein.

I know nothing of the athlete in the OP
However common sense dictates a diet HIGH in animal protein not vegie protein is necessary in the healing of injuries.

"Newton’s diet would normally be his business. But after two underwhelming performances to begin the 2019 season, coupled with a lingering mid-left foot sprain that will cost him at least two games, it bears further examination."

"Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton went vegan in 2019, but nutritionists and trainers say the diet may be affecting the NFL star’s performance and ability to recover from a Lisfranc/mid-left foot sprain."

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article235295427.html#storylink=cpy

Vegan diets are terrible.

Arnold Schwarzenegger on Meat Industry Marketing 'It’s Not Based on Reality'...

However common sense dictates a diet HIGH in animal protein not vegie protein is necessary in the healing of injuries.

But animals get their protein from plants.

An ox, for example, doesn't eat mcmacs.

Vegan diets are not healthy, especially for people who engage in a great deal of demanding physical activity.

Vegan diets are terrible.
As a general rule, vegans are terrible santamonious assholes so they deserve it.

As a general rule, vegans are terrible santamonious assholes...

Seems to me it's the meat eaters who tend to act like assholes on boards like these.

Personally, I don't care what people do or eat so long as I'm not forced to equally do the same.

Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics

It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Vegetarians and vegans are at reduced risk of certain health conditions, including ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, certain types of cancer, and obesity.

https://jandonline.org/article/S2212...192-3/fulltext

Harvard Medical School

Traditionally, research into vegetarianism focused mainly on potential nutritional deficiencies, but in recent years, the pendulum has swung the other way, and studies are confirming the health benefits of meat-free eating. Nowadays, plant-based eating is recognized as not only nutritionally sufficient but also as a way to reduce the risk for many chronic illnesses.

The Mayo Clinic

A well-planned vegetarian diet can meet the needs of people of all ages, including children, teenagers, and pregnant or breast-feeding women. The key is to be aware of your nutritional needs so that you plan a diet that meets them.

Dietitians of Canada

A healthy vegan diet can meet all your nutrient needs at any stage of life including when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for older adults.

British Dietetic Association

Well planned vegetarian diets (see context) can be nutritious and healthy. They are associated with lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, certain cancers and lower cholesterol levels. This could be because such diets are lower in saturated fat, contain fewer calories and more fiber and phytonutrients/phytochemicals (these can have protective properties) than non-vegetarian diets. (...) Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of life and have many benefits.

The British National Health Service

With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.

The Dietitians Association of Australia

Vegan diets differ to other vegetarian diets in that no animal products are consumed or used. Despite these restrictions, with good planning it is still possible to obtain all the nutrients required for good health on a vegan diet.

Anyway, I don't even watch football, I don't even know who the guy is in the op. Don't care, either. Whatever he wants to do doesn't involve my day in any way.

As far as the interests of the NFL go, I'm more concerned with why the DOD is giving the NFL millions of dollars. It's a glorified propaganda machine these days, turn that shit off and consider playing golf on Sunday instead. lol.

Last edited:
There has been a war against veganism in recent years, because it is growing fast all over the world, and the industries that stand to lose money (meat, dairy, etc) are fighting hard to maintain the status quo.

What many people still don't realize is that for many years the public has been lied to about animal products, in the same way we were lied to about cigarettes, back in the day.

Watch the new documentary The Game Changers. It smashes all the myths people have believed for so long, and it is an excellent documentary that is packed with information, and is presented in a non-judgmental, clear and compelling way.

A vegan diet in general is a difficult assimilation especially when making sure one gets enough protein.

So much misinformation. How is it common sense that eating carrion promotes healing

As a general rule, vegans are terrible santamonious assholes...

Seems to me it's the meat eaters who tend to act like assholes on boards like these.

Personally, I don't care what people do or eat so long as I'm not forced to equally do the same.

That's what vegans do though. They are the most militant of the foodie types. Vegetarians are pretty reasonable, but vegans are not.

So much misinformation. How is it common sense that eating carrion promotes healing

Because we are omnivores and can process animal proteins better than plant proteins.

That's what vegans do though. They are the most militant of the foodie types. Vegetarians are pretty reasonable, but vegans are not.

Yeah, many of em are like that, for sure.

Did you hear about this? https://www.wfsb.com/news/five-peopl...02ec67428.html

It's off topic, but I was reminded of it when I saw you in the thread. He likely should have put it down in a safe space rather than try to circle back to the runway.

Yeah, many of em are like that, for sure.

Did you hear about this? https://www.wfsb.com/news/five-peopl...02ec67428.html

It's off topic, but I was reminded of it when I saw you in the thread. He likely should have put it down in a safe space rather than try to circle back to the runway.

Yup, a sad end to a great aircraft and those who lost their lives will be missed.
One of my friends is on the investigation crew.

In the animal kingdom, herbivores are typically food for carnivores.

Because we are omnivores and can process animal proteins better than plant proteins.

Correct, and strict herbivores like horses and cattle have multiple stomachs to process their plant diet.

Forum List

Back