Vaughan Gething Wales new First Minister

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England

Vaughan Gething is set to be Wales' next first minister after narrowly winning the Welsh Labour leadership election with 51.7% of the vote.

Mr Gething, who will become the first black person to lead Wales, beat his rival Jeremy Miles, who took 48.3%.

He was congratulated by UK Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer and Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.

But Plaid Cymru expressed "deep concerns" over donations from
a controversial waste company in Cardiff.

Basically, Wales will continue their demise (Labour) by hiring Gething, the token black guy, as leader. Straight off the bat, Plaid Cymur gets the boot in. It's like watching an episode of EastEnders.

I cannot imagine many Americans will be the least interested but it is interesting to me to see a Black reach this position in this part of the UK .
It's a fine move , imho, but it underscores how catholic in the general sense we have all become and in ways which were likely impossible say , even forty years ago .
It often seems to me that our Welsh neighbours are easily led by their tribal nose down paths which their history should advise them not to follow , imho .
But let's see .
I know next to nothing about Mr Gething other than he is a Solicitor and Trade Unionist -- that invariably spells trouble

I cannot imagine many Americans will be the least interested but it is interesting to me to see a Black reach this position in this part of the UK .
It's a fine move , imho, but it underscores how catholic in the general sense we have all become and in ways which were likely impossible say , even forty years ago .
It often seems to me that our Welsh neighbours are easily led by their tribal nose down paths which their history should advise them not to follow , imho .
But let's see .
I know next to nothing about Mr Gething other than he is a Solicitor and Trade Unionist -- that invariably spells trouble
Lefty and Trade Unionist is always a disaster, and then they'll blame the Tories for their own incompetence.

A joke I read about the Welsh voting -

The turnout was only 16% because travelling at 20mph, most people were too late.

He was probably elected due to colour.

Forum List

Back