USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wow. Sterling backs up the pound. Kudos. We have paper money, but over here you wouldn't know it has its flaws, because people spend on stuff they like, and it makes them happy to have stuff they like. ;)

Right now, I'm having this awesome cuppa Joe, enjoying being in Foxfyre's wonderful thread at USMB, and feelin' fine. :)
I love the people who visit this thread, and miss the ones who are away or having hard times at home and can't be here.
Iā€™m quite surprised you yanks havenā€™t got a Ā£ on your keyboard

American Pound sign... #
lol. English pounds, heart pounds, drum pounds, fist pounds, weight pounds, rain pounds, scale pounds, ...... ... ......
<giggle>
And of course 14 pounds make a stone to which I have 12.
I think you Brits are most resourceful folk. Even the Beatles are thoughtful. They wrote a song to wake up sleepy drivers who were on their way home from their concerts, and here it is, I mean who could fall asleep at the wheel with this playing on the airwaves:

Try and sing this at Karaoke, and you'll get it. The melody moves at a clip no other song ever has. Wake up! :lmao:

Iā€™ve never heard that song before and Iā€™m a Bonafide Brit, but saying that Iā€™ve never been into the Beatles. :)

Wow. Sterling backs up the pound. Kudos. We have paper money, but over here you wouldn't know it has its flaws, because people spend on stuff they like, and it makes them happy to have stuff they like. ;)

Right now, I'm having this awesome cuppa Joe, enjoying being in Foxfyre's wonderful thread at USMB, and feelin' fine. :)
I love the people who visit this thread, and miss the ones who are away or having hard times at home and can't be here.

American Pound sign... #
lol. English pounds, heart pounds, drum pounds, fist pounds, weight pounds, rain pounds, scale pounds, ...... ... ......
<giggle>
I think you Brits are most resourceful folk. Even the Beatles are thoughtful. They wrote a song to wake up sleepy drivers who were on their way home from their concerts, and here it is, I mean who could fall asleep at the wheel with this playing on the airwaves:

Try and sing this at Karaoke, and you'll get it. The melody moves at a clip no other song ever has. Wake up! :lmao:

Iā€™ve never heard that song before and Iā€™m a Bonafide Brit, but saying that Iā€™ve never been into the Beatles. :)

Understood. I observed my dearest cousin flip over Elvis, and I never got that squealing thing into the realm of my comprehension except that it made me laugh under my breath at the silliness of it all. The Beatles seemed to hit a nerve, but I didn't listen to a lot of radio due to other responsibilities I had with family and studies, so I morphed into duties for 40 years and have just begun to unravel the maze of good music I missed for 50 years after my husband passed away. I got drawn into karaoke to fill in my evening hours and love the music I don't even recall hearing when it was popular, and I realized that one particular song would be useful in keeping drivers awake when driving late at night on dark highways and byways of the country I live in. I recall it in my head, and there's no way I could possibly fall asleep at that clip. One night at Karaoke, that song was on my list to sing, and I was the last one up. I quickly requested the music to "Falling" by the Beatles and told the people there to think of this song as a safety measure when driving home. They got it right away, and I received applause the Beatles actually deserved for that song, even if it didn't make much of a hit back in the day the Beatles were storming the world with their music, and my radio was turned off. lol

American Pound sign... #
<giggle>

Understood. I observed my dearest cousin flip over Elvis, and I never got that squealing thing into the realm of my comprehension except that it made me laugh under my breath at the silliness of it all. The Beatles seemed to hit a nerve, but I didn't listen to a lot of radio due to other responsibilities I had with family and studies, so I morphed into duties for 40 years and have just begun to unravel the maze of good music I missed for 50 years after my husband passed away. I got drawn into karaoke to fill in my evening hours and love the music I don't even recall hearing when it was popular, and I realized that one particular song would be useful in keeping drivers awake when driving late at night on dark highways and byways of the country I live in. I recall it in my head, and there's no way I could possibly fall asleep at that clip. One night at Karaoke, that song was on my list to sing, and I was the last one up. I quickly requested the music to "Falling" by the Beatles and told the people there to think of this song as a safety measure when driving home. They got it right away, and I received applause the Beatles actually deserved for that song, even if it didn't make much of a hit back in the day the Beatles were storming the world with their music, and my radio was turned off. lol

In 1970 I was nearly 12 years old, Tamla Mowtown was big over here on mainstream radio, as I moved into my teens Northern soul as we call it took over, a group of DJs went over to the US and bought up every soul record that they could, tea chests full of them.
Then they competed in various northern clubs to play the best sounds for a soul dancing public, this started off the craze ā€œNorthern Soul Dancingā€
Luckily I was a good runner when I was 16, on school nights Iā€™d run back from clubs to my home long after the last bus.
Even now Iā€™m a northern soul freak :)

American Pound sign... #
<giggle>

I remember that song, it was before I decided I liked girls and road around on my Schwinn banana seat bicycle listening to my rocket ship transistor radio... (that was fun .. thanks) ..:)

I went to the ER from work tonight. I'd had a few episodes of pretty severe abdominal pain, and some blood in my urine. I have a kidney stone, yay me! I have prescriptions to pick up for it, which I plan to do after my appointment at the dentist tomorrow for my next crown. Oh, and I also chipped a tooth at work on Monday. I guess 45 is my age to start really feeling my age. :lol:

Montrovant, Ole Roy Batty kept track of the amount of stones he has... Did you? :04:

ā€œNorthern Soul Dancingā€

Never heard of such a thing... I do know that it would take massive amounts of alcohol for me to become involved in such an activity... I am not a dancer unless I am under the influence... Looks like it would be a great way for folks to socialize and exercise... Do you still get out and cut the rug Roy?

Never heard of such a thing... I do know that it would take massive amounts of alcohol for me to become involved in such an activity... I am not a dancer unless I am under the influence... Looks like it would be a great way for folks to socialize and exercise... Do you still get out and cut the rug Roy?

Indeed I do, this venue is the latest place Iā€™ve had to get the stick out to beat the women away from wanting to dance with me. :)
Soul Suite Blackpool 142 Promenade playing the best in Soul and Tamla Motown.

American Pound sign... #
<giggle>

I remember that song, it was before I decided I liked girls and road around on my Schwinn banana seat bicycle listening to my rocket ship transistor radio... (that was fun .. thanks) ..:)

I did remember the music to the beatles' "I've just seen a Face", it's just that I never paid much attention to the words, although when I decided to use it in Karaoke, my first time was a fiasco, until I caught on, you just don't dare miss a beat or you miss a couple of lines. lol And that is embarrassing! /red face. Also, I had to change every "her" to "him, every "she" to "he". <giggle> After that slight disaster, I practiced a little harder, and sang it before anything else so as not to mess up again, while it was fresh on my old mind. lolol

Last edited:

I don't drink, so I'm just not a dancer, period. :lol:

<giggle>

In 1970 I was nearly 12 years old, Tamla Mowtown was big over here on mainstream radio, as I moved into my teens Northern soul as we call it took over, a group of DJs went over to the US and bought up every soul record that they could, tea chests full of them.
Then they competed in various northern clubs to play the best sounds for a soul dancing public, this started off the craze ā€œNorthern Soul Dancingā€
Luckily I was a good runner when I was 16, on school nights Iā€™d run back from clubs to my home long after the last bus.

I think what you all refer to in Great Britain as "ā€œNorthern Soul Dancing,ā€ we used to call it "Motown," but now, we just refer to it as soft rock. If we don't, we are considered "racist" <giggle>

Last edited:
Iā€™ve been in the site container most of the day making a fixings container shelf.

Wow, you're quite the carpenter, Roy! Kudos!
Thanks mate. :)
You bet. I just appreciate it a lot because my skill is with the sewing machine, and my hand shakes when you put a hammer, wrench, or screwdriver in it. We lived at grandma's house when Dad served in Korea, and she saw to it young ladies never touched men's gadgets since your soft skin might get rough if you handled toolroom items. We may be from Texas, but my dear late grandmother had very deep southern ways.

You need a girlfriend who pouts when you're unwilling to dance until you give in and start practicing. :D

You need a girlfriend who pouts when you're unwilling to dance until you give in and start practicing. :D

No, I'm never going to be a dancer lol. I don't usually listen to music one would dance to, anyway. ;)

<giggle>

We did something similar in some of our aerobic dancing classes. But I like the music and the dance very much though I prefer to dance with somebody instead of by myself.

No, I'm never going to be a dancer lol. I don't usually listen to music one would dance to, anyway. ;)

I know!

OGC.a04569306367e772ad03a9abb25ec61b

(Just teasing :) )

LOL

Indeed I do, this venue is the latest place Iā€™ve had to get the stick out to beat the women away from wanting to dance with me. :)
Soul Suite Blackpool 142 Promenade playing the best in Soul and Tamla Motown.

I still associate Blackpool with competition ballroom dancing. I suppose you could fox trot or quick step to some of the music featured in here today though.

Forum List

Back