USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just thought I'd pop in and say Howdy to everyone.

Everybody staying away from the Coronavirus?

Hey 007. Been missing you. Nobody I know has it or has been tested positive. No known cases in New Mexico yet.
We've had one up nort' here in Wisconsin... scary.

I can hole up for weeks here in little Podunk though if need be and not have to go out for anything, and I do think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

They closed the schools in a town near me too because the Flu was so bad.

007 you are a fortunate man living in Podunk... Wide spots in the road are great places to kill time... I lived in BFE for a rather large chunk of my existence on this big blue marble and life was good...
When I was younger and in the Air Force and such, it was exciting to live in places like Las Vegas and Tampa, but after I retired from Harley Davidson working in Reno, I'd had it with cities. I moved back here to Wisconsin where I have lineage going back to the early 1800's, and you couldn't blast me otta here with a ton of dynamite, I love it. We don't even have a stop light here, no rush hour traffic, no big city crime, everybody kinda knows everybody, and yes, I like that. I like when I go downtown, such as it is, and saying hi to people I know, and have known for a long, long time. I think old friends are worth their weight in gold, and we all kinda realize it takes a certain kind of person to like small little towns. We all fit in together.

I've never seen a corona virus. But I sure hope they stay away from everyone here. It's a pretty ugly disease with huge consequences, but fortunately, 97% of the people who have it will survive it. We have lived through flu seasons with harsher tolls, so all I have are prayers that everyone stays healthy, and you as well. I'm glad you dropped in for a visit. :thup:

88976713_3189099147789395_7016326671452078080_n.jpg

I've never seen a corona virus. But I sure hope they stay away from everyone here. It's a pretty ugly disease with huge consequences, but fortunately, 97% of the people who have it will survive it. We have lived through flu seasons with harsher tolls, so all I have are prayers that everyone stays healthy, and you as well. I'm glad you dropped in for a visit. :thup:
IDK... I don't think anyone knows how many people have it and are spreading it yet, and I think it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better, and a lot more people are going to die than the "authorities" are letting on...

WHO admits global coronavirus death rate HIGHER than initially thought: Now 3.4%

IDK... I don't think anyone knows how many people have it and are spreading it yet, and I think it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better, and a lot more people are going to die than the "authorities" are letting on...

WHO admits global coronavirus death rate HIGHER than initially thought: Now 3.4%
I read older reports that were citing in the neighborhood of 3.1%. Some are saying it is the flu, and others are saying it is not. I just pray the warm spring we are supposed to have boosts people's immune systems, as viruses crop way down in good weather. I guess it's different up north, so I continue my vespers. And good night, everybody. I worked hard in the sewing room this morning on charity projects and am falling asleep over my keyboard. Stay well, all. :sleep:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I read older reports that were citing in the neighborhood of 3.1%. Some are saying it is the flu, and others are saying it is not. I just pray the warm spring we are supposed to have boosts people's immune systems, as viruses crop way down in good weather. I guess it's different up north, so I continue my vespers. And good night, everybody. I worked hard in the sewing room this morning on charity projects and am falling asleep over my keyboard. Stay well, all. :sleep:
Supposed to be in the 60's up nort' here in Wisconsin Sunday. Surely I'll love it, but it only makes the nasty, cooler days that usually follow so much harder to take.

I'm all about Spring... :lol:

Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing living up here when I loath Winter so much.

Wow. Sterling backs up the pound. Kudos. We have paper money, but over here you wouldn't know it has its flaws, because people spend on stuff they like, and it makes them happy to have stuff they like. ;)

Right now, I'm having this awesome cuppa Joe, enjoying being in Foxfyre's wonderful thread at USMB, and feelin' fine. :)
I love the people who visit this thread, and miss the ones who are away or having hard times at home and can't be here.
I’m quite surprised you yanks haven’t got a £ on your keyboard

American Pound sign... #
lol. English pounds, heart pounds, drum pounds, fist pounds, weight pounds, rain pounds, scale pounds, ...... ... ......
<giggle>
And of course 14 pounds make a stone to which I have 12.
I think you Brits are most resourceful folk. Even the Beatles are thoughtful. They wrote a song to wake up sleepy drivers who were on their way home from their concerts, and here it is, I mean who could fall asleep at the wheel with this playing on the airwaves:

Try and sing this at Karaoke, and you'll get it. The melody moves at a clip no other song ever has. Wake up! :lmao:

The song I love for many years, since the student time! :)

The World Health Organization is telling everyone in the world that "this is not a drill." Coronavirus latest: As infections near 100,000, WHO says 'this is not a drill'
I think they are talking about people being careful about washing their hands, and not ignoring the problems they're having with people ignoring how dangerous it is. If 3.4% of the people are known to die from it, then I need to say that 96% of the people survive it. And it seems to take people who are over the age of 70 more than any other bracket, and it doesn't seem to bother almost all children for some reason they're not sure of. There are exceptions, they say. And we now have two mutations in this country that we know about, so any given thing we know about the original virus can swiftly change all sorts of "don't worries" that become human targets of this deadly disease.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
I started watching Man In The High Castle. Someone here recommended it and I began my binge today but am tired so will do more tomorrow. So far....its interesting. Not as captivating as Hunters, but I haven't turned if off yet so that's a plus. :D

Forum List

Back