USMB Coffee Shop IV

There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg

OOooooohh... I LIKE this new Coffee Shop... CLASSY...
MSN-Emoticon-applause-004.gif

Dang, do we have to wear shoes to come in here now? Sometimes I liked coming into the Coffee Shop in my robe and pj's and slippers....will I still be able to do that?

Your robe and pj's and slippers might be a tad over dressed for some, but quite appropriate for the Coffee Shop--especially for breakfast and the evening winding down period. :)

Yes Pics are fine according to C_K--the problem is the huge amount of traffic on this and some other threads, but that is a good thing even if we have to move more often. We sure don't want to slow that down. :)

But it has been a long, difficult day for some reason and I'm thinking I'll turn in early tonight.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Ringel and his family as they prepare for the final goodbye for his dad,
Jake's granddaughter Susan,
Ollie's daughter Angie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg

I was kinda thinking we should go retro......... and simple......... :eusa_whistle:

RoadHouseSaloon.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

04dKB.jpg

I was kinda thinking we should go retro......... and simple......... :eusa_whistle:

RoadHouseSaloon.jpg

I've got to say, I question whether either of those places actually has any coffee....

I'll try to explain this as simple as possible in laymens terms.

Back in the day when the old CS was up USMB didn't have many threads that grew to huge proportions. The CS could bloat to 20K + posts without a hiccup because it was pretty much the largest thread around and the database could handle all the calls (hey somebody wants to view the CS, hey send out this new post to all the subscribers etc). As time went on and USMB began to accumulate other large threads they began to take up resources (naturally).

So when a member was accessing the CS (already huge) it would slow down the site because all those other threads are taking up resources and now somebody wants to view/post in the CS. We'd get complaints of slowdowns and we could look at the database and see that the CS was the culprit.

Just recently we got complaints of slowdowns and saw that the CS and Tavern were the culprit, but there is a twist. Since these threads are active they are going to raise a red flag when we look at the database. You can see all the queries and the majority led back to the CS and the Tavern (which has also grown since then) The twist is that whats happening now is that we have several threads that are just as big if not bigger that have finally grown so large that they are taking up resources just sitting there. So when people wanted to access the CS or Tavern it impacted the ENTIRE site.

In short we've had to wipe out quite a few threads to get things back on track. Will the CS ever hit the xx,xxx post count again? I don't know. This site is busy and members are very active so we'll have to keep and eye out on everything

Essentially USMB used to be like a little snowball rolling downhill. Well now that little snowball has grown into a humongous snowball(threads and posts) crushing everything in its path. We shaved off a lot of the excess snow so things should be ok for a while.

Hopefully thats makes some sense. USMB is an aging beauty and she will get sick sometimes. She see's the best doctors so don't worry about nuthin'

Thanks for your time

So, when the CS goes from this:

Kevin-J-Miyazaki.jpg

to this:

Snowball.jpg

then it needs this:

My-rather-large-needle.jpg

or was it this?

m3CrDCqdGsc2zZxdiBBnfKA.jpg

:D

Does our images have a lot to do with it or is it just the larger threads?
Should we just talk more with less pictures?
I know that graphics use up an awful lot of space.

This will help:

When someone posts a large image, just quote their text when you want to comment on it.

If they post a strip of smaller images, just quote the one you like best.

If the member above you quoted the pic, use the up arrows ^^^^ and comment without quoting.

When you're quoting text, delete everything that you aren't commenting on/replying to.

Good to hear that pics aren't a problem, because that's my thing...sometimes a pic is all I feel like posting because it best expresses my mood.:D

Pics are fun but I can't see how they aren't the problem. That and all the Youtube music threads.

I've been wrong before though. :dunno:

Last edited:
Up early this morning and have had my coffee. Will be leaving soon to get Poppy Day started at the Mobil Station at 0600. Not a great weather day for it. It's 37 outside and raining. However, into each life a little rain must fall! Hope everybody has a great day.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back