USMB Coffee Shop IV

Saying what the legislation is in no way violates Coffee Shop rules. Since I live where you do, I would be interested too. We just can't call those who introduce and support the legislation the characterizations we think about them. :)
The proposed legislation to ban "assault weapons" + semi-autos, + < 10 round mags, etc with no grandfathering. Granted it may never get out of committee (as usual) but this time even our governor has made positive references to it when talking about enacting crime fighting legislation.
So I'm considering contingency plans.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Saying what the legislation is in no way violates Coffee Shop rules. Since I live where you do, I would be interested too. We just can't call those who introduce and support the legislation the characterizations we think about them. :)
Beautiful Sunday morning after a humid few days and storms that skirted us so never really broke the pattern....people over the back lopped their "weed tree" which frequently dropped branches onto our three bay shed but we've not touched our fairly large maple...it looks lonely without it's "undesirable" buddy. This will be the next step when the stump is dead.

iu
(Not the actual tree).

Greg

The proposed legislation to ban "assault weapons" + semi-autos, + < 10 round mags, etc with no grandfathering. Granted it may never get out of committee (as usual) but this time even our governor has made positive references to it when talking about enacting crime fighting legislation.
So I'm considering contingency plans.
Oh I see. Won't affect Hombre and me except for his Red Ryder BB gun. On the other hand I don't know how many cartridges the lever action .22 rifle will hold. But I can see how that could be a serious issue for the serious collectors. So hope this one dies a quick death like all the others.

Oh I see. Won't affect Hombre and me except for his Red Ryder BB gun. On the other hand I don't know how many cartridges the lever action .22 rifle will hold. But I can see how that could be a serious issue for the serious collectors. So hope this one dies a quick death like all the others.
It would probably have a very negative impact not only to local and big box gun stores but might even close down the NRA Whittington Center just south of Raton. Of course all but six counties have already stated they would not enforce it, Bernalillio is one that would enforce it.

It would probably have a very negative impact not only to local and big box gun stores but might even close down the NRA Whittington Center just south of Raton. Of course all but six counties have already stated they would not enforce it, Bernalillio is one that would enforce it.
I honestly don't think it will pass but who knows? But thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on it too.

Hi all. I know I haven't been in the CS too much lately but I'm doing well. I won't get "political" here but I'm more seriously mulling over selling most everything off including my house, buying a RV travel trailer and relocating to Arizona or maybe Utah. Texas or Kansas would be other options but I love the Rockies and prefer to stay in the mountain States if I can.
Best wishes as you relocate to RV living, Mr. Ringel. Hope you find the perfect place that makes you feel peace and happy. :thup:

I love cats. I think they're an incredible little critter. One of natures best. I've had a cat for 30+ years. Get a kitten, show them where their food and liter box is, training over.
My kitty cat Piccolo hates to go outside, but she's a sweetie.She's about 6 years old now. My friend in Trinity TX who owns a quilt store has retired and moved to another state. Whe gave me Piccolo when she was a kitten. Her little song on the way home sounded like a piccolo, thus she received her earned name. She didn't care for doggies for a long time, but she seems to enjoy watching the puppies as they grow up. :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Hi all. I know I haven't been in the CS too much lately but I'm doing well. I won't get "political" here but I'm more seriously mulling over selling most everything off including my house, buying a RV travel trailer and relocating to Arizona or maybe Utah. Texas or Kansas would be other options but I love the Rockies and prefer to stay in the mountain States if I can.
I have honestly thought of doing that myself, but there are two issues I can't seem to work out. One is having just the large RV to get around for everyday, and two, where to have your mail sent. A third might even be where to bank. But I am seriously considering getting the hell otta Wisconsin.

I have honestly thought of doing that myself, but there are two issues I can't seem to work out. One is having just the large RV to get around for everyday, and two, where to have your mail sent. A third might even be where to bank. But I am seriously considering getting the hell otta Wisconsin.
Mine would be primarily a stationary RV.

My kitty cat Piccolo hates to go outside, but she's a sweetie.She's about 6 years old now. My friend in Trinity TX who owns a quilt store has retired and moved to another state. Whe gave me Piccolo when she was a kitten. Her little song on the way home sounded like a piccolo, thus she received her earned name. She didn't care for doggies for a long time, but she seems to enjoy watching the puppies as they grow up. :thup:
My cats don't go outside either. If one never came home, I'd never forgive myself. The black and white fur ball I have now came out of the weeds late one night when my son, his wife and I were roasting hotdogs over a campfire. She was meowing from the weeds just starving, so we coaxed her out and she chowed down on hotdogs. I also gave her some milk that she lapped up and the rest, as they say, is history. I had to give my black and white cat away when I left for the Air Force, so I took this one in. She's one of the best cats I've ever seen. She's smart, calm and well mannered, and never, ever gets in trouble. Couldn't ask for a better little buddy.

Last edited:
Hossfly, I'm betting that since you're such an avid lover of coffee, you might have some experience with drip coffee makers. Just curious, would you have one that you would recommend?
I think the best coffee is made with an old fashioned percolator.

this is a Stanley percolator from walmart for $29.97. There are cheaper ones at half the price.

1674959826771.png

My grandmal only made coffee by bringing a pan of water to a boil, dumping in coffee grounds and turning off the heat.

Aaaahh... yeah having a nice ton dually truck and pulling a nice sized trailer with slide outs would be one solution. Probably talking $100K for that combo, for something nice.
Nope, I have a 1/2 ton truck and there are very good (lightly used) 28' - 38' travel trailers for under 30K that my truck can handle. Profits from the sale of my house would pay for the RV, no mortgage only space rentals, electric and upkeep. Of course some of the costs can be cut by boondocking for short periods of time as long as you don't go too far having the gas bill eat up those savings.

I think the best coffee is made with an old fashioned percolator.

this is a Stanley percolator from walmart for $29.97. There are cheaper ones at half the price.

View attachment 751848

My grandmal only made coffee by bringing a pan of water to a boil, dumping in coffee grounds and turning off the heat.
Believe it or not, I have a small collection of percolator coffee pots. I even have the little one my brother, God rest his soul, that he bought at the BX in the Army when he was stationed in Bamberg, Germany. I also have a pretty nice medium sized, stainless steel one. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll make coffee in that. That's what my parents always used also.

Nope, I have a 1/2 ton truck and there are very good (lightly used) 28' - 38' travel trailers for under 30K that my truck can handle. Profits from the sale of my house would pay for the RV, no mortgage only space rentals, electric and upkeep. Of course some of the costs can be cut by boondocking for short periods of time as long as you don't go too far having the gas bill eat up those savings.
I was thinking of myself. If I had a huge auction and sold out lock, stock 'n barrel, I'd probably get a newer, 2021 or 2022, Chevy 3500HD dually diesel. Reliability would be a must, and ability to easily pull a 35' trailer through the mountains, because I'd head west myself. Have my older sister, BIL and nephew out in Montana, and I've lived there by them twice already, and I like the area. All just speculative right now though, but something I'm certainly considering. Getting real sick of Wisconsin. Love my home here, but this state has a serious corruption problem and it's getting under my skin.

I'm working on a simple little lime green and orange quilt for the charity group I used to participate in. I've had health issues off and on since the last meeting I attended about 6 years ago, but my interest in healing through diet has me feeling better these days. I found some far more beautiful orange and green quilts online than the little strippy one I'm working on that started out with a bunch of lime green 1.75" strips from the ones I cut out about 6 years ago, when my health made me vacate my hobby. It's like learning to work at the sewing machine all over again. From around the net, so many quilts, so little time:

il_794xN.3171495739_36r1.jpg
il_794xN.3860957610_40g4.jpg
1674959593079.jpeg
1674959312848.jpeg
il_794xN.4099522470_lg6o.jpg

images
il_794xN.4294367687_je5h.jpg
il_794xN.2254146728_gg2w.jpg
402fb250a627147195b4afef5b1f80bb.jpg

86404377b12b0dbc391910d626f5eef2.jpg
11206b4577323cdd1cd643832785b535.jpg
OIP.RmHC_puJKw-kdvq_XM95PQHaFy
15e64158986a7d4ad0385026d3645cc1.jpg

And not one of these is like the one I'm working on, which already has 20 hours into it. Another 10 hours, and it's a quilt top!

Forum List

Back