USMB Coffee Shop IV

Came and gone. Was more like a hurricane but no damage. I did notice something odd. I have three cellphones all with the same carrier. The alert sounded on the most expensive plan one first, then it was maybe 4 minutes later until it sounded on the middle plan one and then sounded last on the cheapest plan one. Apparently verizon is pay to play even when a tornado warning is being issued :smoke:
That is odd. Strange even. Here when there is an alert whether an Amber Alert or flash flood warning or whatever, everybody's phone alarms seem to go off simultaneously.

That is odd. Strange even. Here when there is an alert whether an Amber Alert or flash flood warning or whatever, everybody's phone alarms seem to go off simultaneously.

I thought it odd too. I mean a minute between carriers would be understandable but the long on the same carrier was odd.

I've always said that horses have owners, dogs have masters, but cats have staff. Here's the cat's version of Creation:
1652120316107.png

Hombre just got home from getting a haircut and he filled up our gas tank for the first time since March 2--we haven't driven much since his surgery in February.
13.348 gallons regular @$4.299 gallon = $57.35. We are on a fixed income and that is painful. I just saw where gas in Gracie 's old neighborhood is over $6/gallon. And no relief in sight.

One of my high school classmates I ran into awhile back rode on it To Istanbul Turkey and he described it like the picture :cool:

Everyone should experience something like that once in their life.
I just checked it out and apparently that photo is of one of the cars on that train and is the real deal. Each car is decorated differently but just as exquisitely. Would be something to see/experience.

Hombre just got home from getting a haircut and he filled up our gas tank for the first time since March 2--we haven't driven much since his surgery in February.
13.348 gallons regular @$4.299 gallon = $57.35. We are on a fixed income and that is painful. I just saw where gas in Gracie 's old neighborhood is over $6/gallon. And no relief in sight.
I figured out a way to never fill it more than 3/4ths, and go to town only twice a week. I've actually reduced the amount of gasoline I was using because I like staying at home on 14 acres, and it's so beautiful and green right now. I buy a lot of nuts and don't have to spend megabucks a pound for hamburger. But I'd sure love to visit the zoo and the Museum of Natural Sciences in Herman Park area of Houston. They had a horse stable near there when I was growing up, and my aunt let me go riding with my cousin one time. I loved horses ever since but never owned one.

I figured out a way to never fill it more than 3/4ths, and go to town only twice a week. I've actually reduced the amount of gasoline I was using because I like staying at home on 14 acres, and it's so beautiful and green right now. I buy a lot of nuts and don't have to spend megabucks a pound for hamburger. But I'd sure love to visit the zoo and the Museum of Natural Sciences in Herman Park area of Houston. They had a horse stable near there when I was growing up, and my aunt let me go riding with my cousin one time. I loved horses ever since but never owned one.
I have always had almost a spiritual connection with horses all my life. Have always loved them but we never lived where I could keep one growing up. I do ride or did when younger--many of my friends had horses. But I do love them, love to watch them move. Have never had any fear of them.

Does anyone know if after buying "protection" from Norton I can barely get online now. It just a "coincidence" that everytime I buy one aspect, something bad happens that happens to relate to whatever they are trying to push on my tab. It's one thing after another, and each "aspect" of protection adds anywhere from $40. to $70. They started off with just protection. then I had to add this, this, this, this, this, this, and this. Instead of paying $60 for a year, I still have 2 more thises with no guarantee there won't be more thises. I've spent $300 or more just so far, and right now my computer is so slow it takes 5 minutes to write two lines.What can I do?
I used to use McAfee but since It expired 2 months ago I have had nothing and seem to be doing fine.

I used to use McAfee but since It expired 2 months ago I have had nothing and seem to be doing fine.
Ollie, I didn't see your post until I deleted my post, thinking nobody had come here or something. Someone is messing with my computer, my bank account, and my cre4dit card. I didn't mention it, but I had McAfee when all of this stuff started. My credit purchases are covered completely by my bank account, but I have to call in and tell them TO ACCEPT MY purchase. Their mantra is that someone online is causing havoc on my information. Someone has hacked Norton, I think, and I can't support them anymore. I just replaced my roof for the third time in 8 years. I don't want fiscal trouble on top of spending $60,000.00 for the three repairs. The middle one got sued in another city for the leaky roof he put on their house. They pick on old people. We do not get any fiscal breaks from dishonest contractors, and since we moved here in 2009, we don't know who's honest and who is a criminal. This last one has all my information. They trade secrets with other criminals. Two of them told me they were Norton Inc. and had to have my SSN. :( That was after I found their (Norton's) phone number online. I have a bad feeling about those two who wanted my full SSN. Both said they were Norton employees and that my information was safe with them. What is going on now on this computer is waiting for two or three words being typed ultra slow. McAffee was almost this bad, and Norton was short-lived. I can't even buy groceries with my credit card any more. More and more people want credit cards rather than checks. I understand if you write a check for over $100. for cash, the government is using cash to accuse people of stuff they aren't doing. Particularly people in my political party. I don't know what to make of all this harshness against senior citizens. Nobody ever messed with me when my husband was in charge. I miss his wisdom. Pardon my typos. It's time-consuming to go back and try to fix something with pop up typing. Thanks, Ollie. Don't know when I'll be back here. Whoever's after me has compromised McAfee too. But what's going on with what I see on my computer about Norton takes the cake.

The surgery went well and by 5:00 pm I was out of recovery, wide awake, eating a full dinner.

On Thursday they had me up, walking and climbing stairs. I thought the physio was deranged when he took me to the staircase, but holy cow!!! I did it! I really could have gone home, I felt that good.

Friday they moved me to the rehab hospital. It’s so nice here and what an a opportunity!!! They don’t do therapy on weekends and I arrived too late for Friday’s sessions, which end at 3:00. But I had a special session on Sunday.

All those prayers and good wishes worked. At every step, doctors, nurses and physio staff have called my recovery “remarkable”. I’m shocked at how well I’m doing.

When I arrived, they assessed me and put a green “GO” tag on my walker meaning I’m allowed out of bed, unsupervised. It’s extremely rare a patient gets a go card on arrival. One PT said she has never seen a knee surgery patient with my range of motion in the affected knee.

Monday I had two therapy sessions, one Occupational Therapy session and one physio. They have an apartment set up in the basement to train you how to get do things with your walker safely and avoid hurting yourself. It has a furnished bedroom, kitchen and bathroom.

Tuesday they upped it to three sessions per day, and tomorrow I have FOUR. I have an assigned PT and an OT, so I’m working with the same people every day. But it’s exhausting relearning how to do everything.

This has completely jump started my recovery and it wouldn’t have happened if I had someone to look after me at home.

My original discharge date was the 19th, but because I’m doing so well, they letting me go on Tuesday, the 17th.

I can walk normally with a walker, get in and out of cars, do dishes, take a shower, go up and down stairs with a cane. And generally function pretty much on my own.

Last night I had pain meds at 11:00 and nothing until 8:00 this morning when they gave me two Tylenol. Regular, not extra strength. By morning I was really happy to get the Tylenol but I’ve had nothing since. And I’m not in pain.

Knitting is helping me pass the time.

The surgery went well and by 5:00 pm I was out of recovery, wide awake, eating a full dinner.

On Thursday they had me up, walking and climbing stairs. I thought the physio was deranged when he took me to the staircase, but holy cow!!! I did it! I really could have gone home, I felt that good.

Friday they moved me to the rehab hospital. It’s so nice here and what an a opportunity!!! They don’t do therapy on weekends and I arrived too late for Friday’s sessions, which end at 3:00. But I had a special session on Sunday.

All those prayers and good wishes worked. At every step, doctors, nurses and physio staff have called my recovery “remarkable”. I’m shocked at how well I’m doing.

When I arrived, they assessed me and put a green “GO” tag on my walker meaning I’m allowed out of bed, unsupervised. It’s extremely rare a patient gets a go card on arrival. One PT said she has never seen a knee surgery patient with my range of motion in the affected knee.

Monday I had two therapy sessions, one Occupational Therapy session and one physio. They have an apartment set up in the basement to train you how to get do things with your walker safely and avoid hurting yourself. It has a furnished bedroom, kitchen and bathroom.

Tuesday they upped it to three sessions per day, and tomorrow I have FOUR. I have an assigned PT and an OT, so I’m working with the same people every day. But it’s exhausting relearning how to do everything.

This has completely jump started my recovery and it wouldn’t have happened if I had someone to look after me at home.

My original discharge date was the 19th, but because I’m doing so well, they letting me go on Tuesday, the 17th.

I can walk normally with a walker, get in and out of cars, do dishes, take a shower, go up and down stairs with a cane. And generally function pretty much on my own.

Last night I had pain meds at 11:00 and nothing until 8:00 this morning when they gave me two Tylenol. Regular, not extra strength. By morning I was really happy to get the Tylenol but I’ve had nothing since. And I’m not in pain.

Such good news DL. I do believe in the power of prayer and for those who aren't religious, I think the good vibes they send out make a difference too. Keep up the good work. You'll be home and doing really well in no time at all!

You do need something though. The trojans and spyware can quietly enter and lurk and pick up all manner of personal information from your computer and you would never know it. I would at least put free AVAST (Avast.com) on your computer. We have used them for years and years with zero problems and they don't interfere with the operation of your computer. I did not like McAfee at all because it did interfere with our computer. We now have Norton with Lifelock on the two computers we use for banking and other sensitive information and so far so good. It is expensive though and though Avast will encourage you to buy their premium services, we have found their free anti-virus program to be really good.

Last edited:
Ollie, I didn't see your post until I deleted my post, thinking nobody had come here or something. Someone is messing with my computer, my bank account, and my cre4dit card. I didn't mention it, but I had McAfee when all of this stuff started. My credit purchases are covered completely by my bank account, but I have to call in and tell them TO ACCEPT MY purchase. Their mantra is that someone online is causing havoc on my information. Someone has hacked Norton, I think, and I can't support them anymore. I just replaced my roof for the third time in 8 years. I don't want fiscal trouble on top of spending $60,000.00 for the three repairs. The middle one got sued in another city for the leaky roof he put on their house. They pick on old people. We do not get any fiscal breaks from dishonest contractors, and since we moved here in 2009, we don't know who's honest and who is a criminal. This last one has all my information. They trade secrets with other criminals. Two of them told me they were Norton Inc. and had to have my SSN. :( That was after I found their (Norton's) phone number online. I have a bad feeling about those two who wanted my full SSN. Both said they were Norton employees and that my information was safe with them. What is going on now on this computer is waiting for two or three words being typed ultra slow. McAffee was almost this bad, and Norton was short-lived. I can't even buy groceries with my credit card any more. More and more people want credit cards rather than checks. I understand if you write a check for over $100. for cash, the government is using cash to accuse people of stuff they aren't doing. Particularly people in my political party. I don't know what to make of all this harshness against senior citizens. Nobody ever messed with me when my husband was in charge. I miss his wisdom. Pardon my typos. It's time-consuming to go back and try to fix something with pop up typing. Thanks, Ollie. Don't know when I'll be back here. Whoever's after me has compromised McAfee too. But what's going on with what I see on my computer about Norton takes the cake.
Don't abandon us Beautress. Take your computer into a good service shop and have them scan it for trojans, spyware and such. Or install the two-week free Malwarebytes and they will do a pretty good job of cleaning up your computer. Norton will never ask for your social security number. If you have Lifelock with Norton they do need the SS number to do the intervention that they do. But I have to be damn sure who somebody is and that they are not a scam pretending to be somebody before they get much personal information from me.

If you are discontinuing Norton, after your computer is cleaned up, you could do what I recommended for Ollie and install the free Avast virus protection. It has served us well over the years.

I had a lot of problems with hackers and McAfee so I switched to Norton but I switched off unnecessary stuff (additional pop up blockers) which my browser already dealt with and refused all offers of upgrades. And I’ve had no problems with hackers since switching.

I had a lot of problems with hackers and McAfee so I switched to Norton but I switched off unnecessary stuff (additional pop up blockers) which my browser already dealt with and refused all offers of upgrades. And I’ve had no problems with hackers since switching.
That's pretty much the key. So many scammers out there pretending to be your bank or email provider or your virus protection company etc. They can make you believe they're the real deal. Best not to trust any of the come ons from these people and go directly to the website to do business.

My prayers for your healing will be ongoing for another week while you are recuperating, Dragonlady. Hope you learn that an apple a day with its peel washed and left on can be your body's best friend as its nutrients level out and benefits blood pressure, corrects high sugar, low potassium, and provides a plethora of vitamins and minerals that fight bad bugs and facilitates healing from head to toe. Prayers up!
1652482855377.png

Don't abandon us Beautress. Take your computer into a good service shop and have them scan it for trojans, spyware and such. Or install the two-week free Malwarebytes and they will do a pretty good job of cleaning up your computer. Norton will never ask for your social security number. If you have Lifelock with Norton they do need the SS number to do the intervention that they do. But I have to be damn sure who somebody is and that they are not a scam pretending to be somebody before they get much personal information from me.

If you are discontinuing Norton, after your computer is cleaned up, you could do what I recommended for Ollie and install the free Avast virus protection. It has served us well over the years.

Thanks for being the best of good friends to everybody here, Foxfyre:

1652483987417.png
1652484110385.png

:huddle: ^^^^ I feel this way just about Everyone here, too ^^^^:huddle:
Oh, and ps, by some miracle when I came into my music and electronics study earlier today, my computer had healed itself. I guess someone at Norton noticed my flailing around with slow mechanical slow stuff somebody fixed the problem. Yea!

Forum List

Back