USMB Coffee Shop IV

Finally paid off a $320K mortgage on one of my commercial properties this week. I think I will stay out of the buying another one game awhile until real estate prices come back down to earth again.

Well August is fast approaching and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm having surgery (peter rooter) on the 10th......... The 10th will be the one year anniversary of Kats passing. Can't believe it's been a whole year.
The surgery will help you feel a lot better. Sending you a virtual hug on that approaching anniversary. They can really start the old tapes running for awhile.

Finally paid off a $320K mortgage on one of my commercial properties this week. I think I will stay out of the buying another one game awhile until real estate prices come back down to earth again.
Welcome back Dekster. I hear you re buying real estate right now. With lumber priced like gold and escalating inflation, Lord knows when real estate will level out. I fear those buying at these inflated prices though could experience a drop putting them under water like we saw in 2008, 2009.

Well, I couldn't hold off the puppy train any longer. The Pitsky Charlie that I posted pages back we had staying with us has moved out with the stepdaughter as she gets ready for college. The wife kept bugging me about a poochie and of course I couldn't stop that freight train. Lol.
This is Scout. 8 week Mini Aussie.
Yeah, he is cute...
View attachment 517686
Will be a medium sized dog around 30-40 lbs.
I love his little brown eyebrows.
Adorable and okay, I'm jealous.

Welcome back Dekster. I hear you re buying real estate right now. With lumber priced like gold and escalating inflation, Lord knows when real estate will level out. I fear those buying at these inflated prices though could experience a drop putting them under water like we saw in 2008, 2009.

I fully expect them to go underwater which is one of the reasons I will wait it out. I will buy again at the REO auctions.

I haven't been posting since my laptop died. The hard drive was fried and had to be replaced, but it's like getting a brand new laptop, for half the price I paid for this one. The store I bought it from closed for good during the pandemic. I used the repair service the law firm I used to work for uses.

I've been busy with taking care of my "special plants". My big girl is over the top of my friend's 8 foot fence. My friend topped it not longer after she moved the seedlings outside, but it's the tallest plant in her yard. The other three are growing well, but the big girl is a monster. All four of mine appear to be girls. We have one we're not sure about yet.

I got my second dose of vaccine a week ago today. I'm good to go a week from today. My sports fans friends are all planning a get together for next week sometime. There may be a Blue Jays game involved. They come home on the 30th. Toronto is a sports mad city and this week will be the first live sports in the city since March 2020. Tickets are not going to be easy to come by, given that they're only allowing 15,000 people in with priority to season ticket holders.

With the Olympics on, in Japan, I've been up until 2:00 and 3:00 every night glued to my TV for the live events. One of my Toronto friends is an Olympic level gymnastics judge. He's helping one of the CBC commentators with information on deductions and scoring of routines. Unlike me, he's not a night owl so staying up half the night is making him tired and grumpy.

I'm glad to hear your knee is doing better Beautress. I know the physio is hard, but everyone says its well worth it. I was supposed to be getting my new knee right about now, but everything has been pushed back by this damn pandemic.

Last edited:
I haven't been posting since my laptop died. The hard drive was fried and had to be replaced, but it's like getting a brand new laptop, for half the price I paid for this one. The store I bought it from closed for good during the pandemic. I used the repair service the law firm I used to work for uses.

I've been busy with taking care of my "special plants". My big girl is over the top of my friend's 8 foot fence. My friend topped it not longer after she moved the seedlings outside, but it's the tallest plant in her yard. The other three are growing well, but the big girl is a monster. All four of mine appear to be girls. We have one we're not sure about yet.

I got my second dose of vaccine a week ago today. I'm good to go a week from today. My sports fans friends are all planning a get together for next week sometime. There may be a Blue Jays game involved. They come home on the 30th. Toronto is a sports mad city and this week will be the first live sports in the city since March 2020. Tickets are not going to be easy to come by, given that they're only allowing 15,000 people in with priority to season ticket holders.

With the Olympics on, in Japan, I've been up until 2:00 and 3:00 every night glued to my TV for the live events. One of my Toronto friends is an Olympic level gymnastics judge. He's helping one of the CBC commentators with information on deductions and scoring of routines. Unlike me, he's not a night owl so staying up half the night is making him tired and grumpy.

I'm glad to hear your knee is doing better Beautress. I know the physio is hard, but everyone says its well worth it. I was supposed to be getting my new knee right about now, but everything has been pushed back by this damn pandemic.
Welcome back DL. I've been staying up lately for a couple of live events too--I love gymnastics and swimming events--but otherwise the Olympics have been pretty blah for us. Just haven't held our interest as they usually do. What kind of plant is your 'big girl'?

I'm sorry to hear your knee surgery had to be put on the back burner. I was always was athletic, so when I walked slower it kept wearing down bones in the right knee. finally, I could barely make it from the handicapped parking place to the scooter machines door at walmart, and when I got back home I had to take a @&#*!%+ 2 or 3 hour nap. Needless to mention the xrays at the surgeon's office caused him to ask if I would allow medical students to observe the procedure. I had worn off so much bone from walking slow so much it was a wake up call for knowing why it was to be a rare viewing experience for future osteopathic surgeons to learn from. The only reason I'm telling you this, Dragonlady, is that I hope you will not keep putting off your surgery but will learn from me you need whatever bone is left for your surgery to go well. Please have better luck than me, or at least have a surgeon as skilled as Dr. Tanksley to do your knee. He made do with what bone I had left, and by my last physical therapy session, I could make it up my 15 step staircase with minimal pain, passed the balance exercise and bent knee measurement. And I've never seen a more professional group of care giving nurses than those at the Conroe Texas Hospital. They worked together for the good of their patients.

Best wishes to you for making time for your surgical knee operation. And I enjoyed your green thumb soundbite.
:thup:

Congratations, Dekster. I remember when we made the final payment on my store building thanks to my mathematical whiz of the best partner that my late husband was. ♡♡♡

Congratations, Dekster. I remember when we made the final payment on my store building thanks to my mathematical whiz of the best partner that my late husband was. ♡♡♡

Thanks. It is a relief to be certain. A lot of restless nights early on with that purchase. Someone with Parkinson's could have signed with a better signature than I had on them original loan papers.

You were younger and likely worried...

At the time I bought it I put all my cash into it just to bring the loan amount down as low as I could. I would have really struggled with the $3500ish/month payments if I lost the tenants. TBH I wasn't ever really comfortable with that mortgage until I subdivided the property and sold about a half acre for enough that I had a cash cushion that would have covered the payments for a couple years. Once the balance on the loan got down to the balance on that cash cushion, I paid it all off at once.

Welcome back DL. I've been staying up lately for a couple of live events too--I love gymnastics and swimming events--but otherwise the Olympics have been pretty blah for us. Just haven't held our interest as they usually do. What kind of plant is your 'big girl'?

All my plants are Lemon Kush - grown from seeds from some high end pot I bought on the internet, last year. We're legally allowed to grow 4 plants, but I can't grow where I live. My friend has a large fenced yard with an 8 foot fence, and she has cameras and a security system. She grows for herself, for her neighbour, and for me, so there's a lot of plants back there. She lost two small plants to theft last year, but the police caught the thieves.

Beatress, I'll get the knee as soon as I they let me. I have no cartilege left in the knee. I walk a lot, and I played a lot of squash and tennis when I was younger. I can't do all the side to side stuff any more, and dancing is impossible. I'm OK walking on the sidewalk but unless the ground is flat under my feet, I'm in trouble.

Sometimes I think they don't really think things through well?
1627492003793.png

Don't know if I'll be back on line tonight and it has been awhile since I posted the vigil list. So. . . .

Good night, afternoon, morning or whatever darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Gracie & Dennis for the best possible housing solution.
Ringel for impending surgery.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.
Dragonlady for the best possible outcome for her knee.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Sunrise during the monsoon over Albuquerque
1627524849778.png

Last edited:
Don't know if I'll be back on line tonight and it has been awhile since I posted the vigil list. So. . . .

Good night, afternoon, morning or whatever darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Gracie & Dennis for the best possible housing solution.
Ringel for impending surgery.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.
Dragonlady for the best possible outcome for her knee.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Sunrise during the monsoon over Albuquerque
View attachment 518609
My Brother is recovered from surgery. Thank you.

Forum List

Back