USMB Coffee Shop IV

What a week, what a month, what a year.... Finally had planned a vacation. Had planned on Missouri to visit a Step Daughter, 2 Step sons and a granddaughter among others to numerous to name. But as of yesterday one Step son is admitted to the hospital with Covid, and the granddaughter is being tested today. So change of plans.
I am going beginning to end. Lexington and concord will be my first official stop. Moving south to Yorktown, First shots fired to the last... Any suggestions for other stops?
Good luck
We just heard yesterday that our great niece in Arkansas is now in quarantine with full blown COVID--not hospitalized though. We have had several family members and friends who have had it this year--lost one cousin to it and it was touch and go with one nephew and one close friend both who wound up in ICU for quite some time--so apparently it hasn't fully gone away yet.

Sounds like a good trip though. I am fairly familiar with the Washington DC area, Virginia and West Virginia, but have never been up into the northeast states so am clueless as to what to recommend for adventure.

Btw, no I really don't think that I'm a witch. I'm just teasing lol :p
LOL. We are very nonjudgmental here. Anyway, if you're a guy, you would be a wizard, not a witch.

I see myself more as a Hufflepuff these days I think, but most of the tests put me in Ravenclaw. (I'm not a witch either so far as I know, but I would love being a Harry Potter groupie.)

Is that your beach house? It really IS right on the beach. I presume you and ex-wife don't live there all the time? But what fun that looks like and what a great experience for the kids. (Me too if I was there. I would love that.)
No Foxie, beach house's are for folks with money, in which I have very little... My late FIL bought the house in the early 70's... They had rented the house for weekend beach vacays throughout the ex's childhood and when it went up for sale, the time was right and he bought it... This was there camping before glamping came along... I personally have lived in the house 3 different times... I love it out there...

LOL. We are very nonjudgmental here. Anyway, if you're a guy, you would be a wizard, not a witch.

Thanks, but I'm a girl so I am in fact a witch,.. or I would be anyways. I've just been told many times on here that I'm delusional and don't know the difference between fantasy and reality many, many times. Which is ironic because it seems like they're really the ones who don't know the difference. :rolleyes:

Thanks, but I'm a girl so I am in fact a witch,.. or I would be anyways. I've just been told many times on here that I'm delusional and don't know the difference between fantasy and reality many, many times. Which is ironic because it seems like they're really the ones who don't know the difference. :rolleyes:
For sure there are all sorts out there. And it can get very unpleasant, angry, judgmental, sometimes hurtful/cruel. I suppose everyone gets snookered into believing something that isn't so now and then, but we all pretty much have a pretty good grasp overall on what is real and what is just fun to pretend.

What a week, what a month, what a year.... Finally had planned a vacation. Had planned on Missouri to visit a Step Daughter, 2 Step sons and a granddaughter among others to numerous to name. But as of yesterday one Step son is admitted to the hospital with Covid, and the granddaughter is being tested today. So change of plans.
I am going beginning to end. Lexington and concord will be my first official stop. Moving south to Yorktown, First shots fired to the last... Any suggestions for other stops?
Good luck
We just heard yesterday that our great niece in Arkansas is now in quarantine with full blown COVID--not hospitalized though. We have had several family members and friends who have had it this year--lost one cousin to it and it was touch and go with one nephew and one close friend both who wound up in ICU for quite some time--so apparently it hasn't fully gone away yet.

Sounds like a good trip though. I am fairly familiar with the Washington DC area, Virginia and West Virginia, but have never been up into the northeast states so am clueless as to what to recommend for adventure.
I'm now being told that he was released from the hospital but is positive for Covid. Still not good. No word on Granddaughter.

Good luck

I figure seeing the green in Lexington and the Old North bridge in Concord should be pretty good. Don't know if I want to go on into Boston harbor.

Good luck

I'm now being told that he was released from the hospital but is positive for Covid. Still not good. No word on Granddaughter.
Keeping fingers crossed for your family. Our nephew who was in ICU in critical condition for more than a week fully recovered. Our niece-in-law in Arkansas who wasn't hospitalized still hasn't fully regained senses of taste and smell months later. Even though it wasn't life threatening for her, she is pretty emphatic that nobody wants to have this disease. As a precaution she opted to get vaccinated even though she has had it.

I'm pretty sure Hombre and I had a touch in the early spring last year, but the worst for us was some chills, fever, minor sore throat, and headache for two or three days and then we were done. It's different for everybody.

Prayers up for you and your family, SFC Ollie. Hope all of your kin who were diagnosed with Covid recuperate quickly with no aftereffects. :thup:

Well we are having a new adventure. Our car has been stolen. That's a first that we have had any kind of significant theft loss.
OMG... SERIOUSLY... wth?
Was it stolen from your house or somewhere else? Hope it gets back to you in one piece.
It was stolen out of a closed garage sometime between 3pm Tuesday and roughly 8:30 or so am Wednesday. The neighbor across the street noticed Wednesday morning that the garage door was open and the car was gone. Figuring we had gone somewhere and forgot to close the garage door, he went in and hit the inside closer and managed to jump the beam before the door closed. But later on they got to thinking about it and around 3 pm Wed. called over here just to be sure. Otherwise we wouldn't have known about it until around 11:30 am Thursday when we would have left for our weekly 42 game. It's so ungodly hot we don't go out unless we absolutely have to and there was nowhere we had to be during that time.

Anyhow the police have been here to make a report, our insurance company has furnished us a great rental car that we'll keep until our car is recovered or for 20 days, whichever comes first. If the car isn't recovered within 20 days they pay us for the car and we buy another one. Little of value in the car fortunately. Three umbrellas, my favorite jacket that was getting pretty old, some COVID masks, my phone charger and such. First thing the police officer asked was whether the title was in the glove compartment. It wasn't--we keep it in a fireproof safe--but a good lesson to never keep the title with the car.

Our rental car is a 2021 Volkswagon Atlas (SUV) with ALL the bells and whistles. Really nice car. :)
Good Lord Ff... was your garage closed and secured? How did they start the car? Was the key in it? How did they know the key would be in it if it was? Sounds like someone went through a little trouble picking out your car. Maybe someone near was involved. Sorry for all the questions. I must watch too many detective shows. I think I'd have liked being one... :heehee:

boatguy-2-jpg.503717

Thats my fun day on the Bay. The man next to me saved me from a kid that was all over me, lol. It was 95 outside and perfect. I think i had 5 or 6 beers, lol. Good thing it was yesterday, today is windy with Claudette going by. I hope everyone had a glorious weekend

Well we are having a new adventure. Our car has been stolen. That's a first that we have had any kind of significant theft loss.
OMG... SERIOUSLY... wth?
Was it stolen from your house or somewhere else? Hope it gets back to you in one piece.
It was stolen out of a closed garage sometime between 3pm Tuesday and roughly 8:30 or so am Wednesday. The neighbor across the street noticed Wednesday morning that the garage door was open and the car was gone. Figuring we had gone somewhere and forgot to close the garage door, he went in and hit the inside closer and managed to jump the beam before the door closed. But later on they got to thinking about it and around 3 pm Wed. called over here just to be sure. Otherwise we wouldn't have known about it until around 11:30 am Thursday when we would have left for our weekly 42 game. It's so ungodly hot we don't go out unless we absolutely have to and there was nowhere we had to be during that time.

Anyhow the police have been here to make a report, our insurance company has furnished us a great rental car that we'll keep until our car is recovered or for 20 days, whichever comes first. If the car isn't recovered within 20 days they pay us for the car and we buy another one. Little of value in the car fortunately. Three umbrellas, my favorite jacket that was getting pretty old, some COVID masks, my phone charger and such. First thing the police officer asked was whether the title was in the glove compartment. It wasn't--we keep it in a fireproof safe--but a good lesson to never keep the title with the car.

Our rental car is a 2021 Volkswagon Atlas (SUV) with ALL the bells and whistles. Really nice car. :)
Good Lord Ff... was your garage closed and secured? How did they start the car? Was the key in it? How did they know the key would be in it if it was? Sounds like someone went through a little trouble picking out your car. Maybe someone near was involved. Sorry for all the questions. I must watch too many detective shows. I think I'd have liked being one... :heehee:
Of course we second guess ourselves. Did I forget to close the garage door--I was the last to drive the car? And Hombre always looks into the garage when he locks up at night--did he? It would be very uncharacteristic that NONE of the neighbors would have advised us the garage door was open in the evening--somebody always tells us. I always wait before leaving the garage for the door to clear the rear bumper of the car in case I didn't pull it in far enough. Did I not do that this one time? But in the final analysis, who knows for sure?

But no, the keys weren't in the car and the officer told us all the ways professional thieves start cars without them. It usually involves some damage to the car. It was a great car with exceptionally low mileage, in top notch condition. No way we can likely replace it with a like model. Not sure how I will feel about it emotionally if they should recover it not knowing who was in it, what they were doing, etc.

Meanwhile we have to work up the courage to drive the big SUV we have for a rental car--all the modern doo dads and bells and whistles we aren't accustomed to.

Forum List

Back