USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ye...there are elevators thankfully! The problem we are having now is, finding someone to help us move. My back is shot just from packing books. I have more stuff than I thought, but I am also hauling stuff to Goodwill too. Too much stuff. Saved boxes, that have been flattened and stored under the beds so we are ok there. Its just the heavy assed loveseat that I worry about. Its HEAVY. Well made. But dayum!! And of course the two recliners. Rest of the stuff I am not worried about too much. But we have one day to unload it all. One elevator is for people moving in/out...the shut the door inside so people can't use it, and open the backside for movers. They also have carts, dollys, etc. Which is fine, but I have to get it OUT of the truck once I cram it IN, onto those pushcarts, up the elevator, down the hall, around the bend, and INSIDE the apartment. Which is doable except for that damn love seat. I gave my twin bed to the neighbor. So just one full size bed, which is MrGs, and the loveseat, which will be my bed.
I've asked all around..even some homeless people...but nobody want to help even with the offer of 2 guys needed, 100 bucks each for 2 hours work. Nope. Not interested. So I am hoping Anne and her boyfriend can come help. We need it.

Call a local moving company. We've always been able to get two guys and a truck for a reasonable amount for local moves. And all businesses seem to be hurting for business right now.
I have. No go. But today I finally found a gal and her boyfriend who listed in CL that they do moving. They do work in Paradise too, so we have something in common. Anyway..she and her boyfriend will be here on the 23rd. They said 100 bucks should be sufficient and I said no....100 each. 200 bucks. She about fell over and said she could use the money. So...I have two people to help. Finally. Neighbor across the street said he would too...along with his son. So I said good. Now, if two don't show up...I still have two. If 4 show up, then I guess I will have to pay 4. But its worth it to me because I get worn out just moving one box of books.

Whaaaaah ! I have been locked out of twitter. Its only supposed to be for 12 hours. But I cannot get back into it because I cannot get past a page which requires a conformation code, and it won't give me one. Twitter is my thing, and I am having with drawl symptoms already.

What do you mean it won't give you a code? Text? Email? Something? I get locked out until I check the box I'm not a bot or some sort now and then, but every once in awhile I get a code in my gmail to enter to get back in.
HI Foxy ! I have been locked out of my twitter account because it asks for my telephone number, and it is then supposed to call me back with a conformation code that I enter to prove its me. But they don't ring back. I have emailed twitter complaining but have yet to receive a reply.

Maybe they're texting to what they believe is a mobile phone? That's how I get those codes when I need them to log in.
Yes, I think you are right. Which means I am permanently locked out of twitter, as I only have a landline without text function.

Hate to post more bad news but as I've stated before it would be a miracle if Gizmo lived past ten years old. It looks like complications from the FeLV and FIV will finally do it. Took him to the vet yesterday and we're trying some meds but they don't appear to be helping. The vet called earlier and recommended euthanasia if he doesn't improve in the next couple of days. Poor little guy.

Whaaaaah ! I have been locked out of twitter. Its only supposed to be for 12 hours. But I cannot get back into it because I cannot get past a page which requires a conformation code, and it won't give me one. Twitter is my thing, and I am having with drawl symptoms already.

What do you mean it won't give you a code? Text? Email? Something? I get locked out until I check the box I'm not a bot or some sort now and then, but every once in awhile I get a code in my gmail to enter to get back in.
HI Foxy ! I have been locked out of my twitter account because it asks for my telephone number, and it is then supposed to call me back with a conformation code that I enter to prove its me. But they don't ring back. I have emailed twitter complaining but have yet to receive a reply.

Maybe they're texting to what they believe is a mobile phone? That's how I get those codes when I need them to log in.
Yes, I think you are right. Which means I am permanently locked out of twitter, as I only have a landline without text function.

Sadly that may be the case if there is no email option to get the code. You might want to look to see if you could get one of those super cheap Tracfones that is pretty much limited to calls and text. Cost here about $20 (15.05 GBP) for the phone and you have to buy minutes--I think like $20 every 90 days? It would allow you easier access to social media that is important to you.

Twitter, and so some extent Facebook, has been on a major purge of accounts this past month & millions are being required to get those codes etc. to sign in.

As the world becomes more & more dependent on high tech to function, a cell phone with text capability is becoming more & more routine.

Last edited:
Hate to post more bad news but as I've stated before it would be a miracle if Gizmo lived past ten years old. It looks like complications from the FeLV and FIV will finally do it. Took him to the vet yesterday and we're trying some meds but they don't appear to be helping. The vet called earlier and recommended euthanasia if he doesn't improve in the next couple of days. Poor little guy.

Oh my. So sorry Ringel. You sure didn't need that on top of everything else.

Ye...there are elevators thankfully! The problem we are having now is, finding someone to help us move. My back is shot just from packing books. I have more stuff than I thought, but I am also hauling stuff to Goodwill too. Too much stuff. Saved boxes, that have been flattened and stored under the beds so we are ok there. Its just the heavy assed loveseat that I worry about. Its HEAVY. Well made. But dayum!! And of course the two recliners. Rest of the stuff I am not worried about too much. But we have one day to unload it all. One elevator is for people moving in/out...the shut the door inside so people can't use it, and open the backside for movers. They also have carts, dollys, etc. Which is fine, but I have to get it OUT of the truck once I cram it IN, onto those pushcarts, up the elevator, down the hall, around the bend, and INSIDE the apartment. Which is doable except for that damn love seat. I gave my twin bed to the neighbor. So just one full size bed, which is MrGs, and the loveseat, which will be my bed.
I've asked all around..even some homeless people...but nobody want to help even with the offer of 2 guys needed, 100 bucks each for 2 hours work. Nope. Not interested. So I am hoping Anne and her boyfriend can come help. We need it.

Call a local moving company. We've always been able to get two guys and a truck for a reasonable amount for local moves. And all businesses seem to be hurting for business right now.
I have. No go. But today I finally found a gal and her boyfriend who listed in CL that they do moving. They do work in Paradise too, so we have something in common. Anyway..she and her boyfriend will be here on the 23rd. They said 100 bucks should be sufficient and I said no....100 each. 200 bucks. She about fell over and said she could use the money. So...I have two people to help. Finally. Neighbor across the street said he would too...along with his son. So I said good. Now, if two don't show up...I still have two. If 4 show up, then I guess I will have to pay 4. But its worth it to me because I get worn out just moving one box of books.

Hooray. People are good. At least some people. . .

well, do things always go wrong? Dayum. MrG just got hauled off in an ambulance. I had to call them cuz he has been groaning in pain for hours now. Stopped up. Groin pain. Nothing coming out. So I had enough with his stubbornness and called 911. Will update you when I hear something.

well, do things always go wrong? Dayum. MrG just got hauled off in an ambulance. I had to call them cuz he has been groaning in pain for hours now. Stopped up. Groin pain. Nothing coming out. So I had enough with his stubbornness and called 911. Will update you when I hear something.

Men aren't stubborn we are just,,, ahhh "different"?

Remember too, Just because a man says he will do something you don't have to remind him every 6 months.

Men aren't stubborn we are just,,, ahhh "different"?

Remember too, Just because a man says he will do something you don't have to remind him every 6 months.

YEAH!!!

1599420288721.png

Sadly that may be the case if there is no email option to get the code. You might want to look to see if you could get one of those super cheap Tracfones that is pretty much limited to calls and text. Cost here about $20 (15.05 GBP) for the phone and you have to buy minutes--I think like $20 every 90 days? It would allow you easier access to social media that is important to you.

Twitter, and so some extent Facebook, has been on a major purge of accounts this past month & millions are being required to get those codes etc. to sign in.

As the world becomes more & more dependent on high tech to function, a cell phone with text capability is becoming more & more routine.
I gave twitter my sisters mobile phone number, and I am back online. But I am scared to say anything now in case they ban me permanently.

I gave twitter my sisters mobile phone number, and I am back online. But I am scared to say anything now in case they ban me permanently.
Right now, Twatter is focusing on James Woods and Travis Tritt, lol. I think you will be ok. ;)

It's only 10:13am here in Oaklandtown...and I have already had to close all of the shades and turn the fans on full blast. Plus the air quality is hideous.

View attachment 385667

Maybe the last gasp of summer and the fires will be put out eventually. Been praying for all of you dealing with that. Our daughter is in the Monterey Bay area and the fires have been close enough to see there.

It is 79 in Albuquerque at this hour and that is supposed to be our high. 58 forecast for tomorrow and we have no heat in the house. So we know where the sweaters and sweatshirts are.

I'm thinking more of us will stay up to see the New Year in this year and to make sure that 2020 is long gone for good.

Last edited:
It's only 10:13am here in Oaklandtown...and I have already had to close all of the shades and turn the fans on full blast. Plus the air quality is hideous.

View attachment 385667

Maybe the last gasp of summer and the fires will be put out eventually. Been praying for all of you dealing with that.

It is 79 in Albuquerque at this hour and that is supposed to be our high. 58 forecast for tomorrow and we have no heat in the house. So we know where the sweaters and sweatshirts are.

I'm thinking more of us will stay up to see the New Year in this year and to make sure that 2020 is long gone for good.

Indeed. I can't wait to see 2020 in the rearview mirror.

We've all learned how to say what we want to say. But we do need to be careful how we say it and what words trigger the ban buttons. Don't use any words like punch, shoot, shot, kill, murder or anything that could be used to describe physical violence, even in jest. And don't do direct personal insults by name. Just a little creativity.

I was actually locked out of my account sometime back for a tweet I had made months earlier. I was actually defending a national personality that I pretty much despise, but who had been unfairly quoted. I said I wasn't saying she shouldn't be shot, but she should be shot for a crime she actually committed. Twitter locked me out until I took down the tweet. Said my tweet constituted 'harassment. It was no big deal so I took it down. And I've learned since how to avoid those landmines.

Oh, and it is a good idea to create and build a backup account that you can use if you do have a temporary suspension.

Oh, and one other suggestion while I'm on my soapbox here. Be sure to go into your settings and turn off all notifications that would go to your sister's cell phone. Otherwise she could be inundated with them when you do start tweeting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back