What's new

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Shawnee_b

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the greenhouse my wife bought for herself, the online boast was that a woman could build it in a day. Well my wife didn’t even get it out of the boxing, poor muggings had to do it.
I started around 10am stopped for a lunch hour then resumed work on it till 5pm whereupon I downed tools and withdrew my labour.
The wife gave me an unduly, uncalled for ridiculing, bringing the advertisement of “a woman could build it in a day” Depressed and berated by my woman I got up early the next day (Sunday) and started work whilst she was trying to get beauty sleep. When she came down in her dressing gown and slippers to inspect my manly skills. All she said was “well done, I’ll make you a cup of tea”
Very nice Roy, funny story, typical I guess! Floor is great. I was going to build the one below but we are planning a move and didn't want to go thru all the effort then leave it. They say it can be built for less than $800. 8x12 "ana white diy greenhouse" if anyone interested, she has workable plans too.

1585688509617.jpeg

OP
Foxfyre

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the greenhouse my wife bought for herself, the online boast was that a woman could build it in a day. Well my wife didn’t even get it out of the boxing, poor muggings had to do it.
I started around 10am stopped for a lunch hour then resumed work on it till 5pm whereupon I downed tools and withdrew my labour.
The wife gave me an unduly, uncalled for ridiculing, bringing the advertisement of “a woman could build it in a day” Depressed and berated by my woman I got up early the next day (Sunday) and started work whilst she was trying to get beauty sleep. When she came down in her dressing gown and slippers to inspect my manly skills. All she said was “well done, I’ll make you a cup of tea”
Very nice Roy, funny story, typical I guess! Floor is great. I was going to build the one below but we are planning a move and didn't want to go thru all the effort then leave it. They say it can be built for less than $800. 8x12 "ana white diy greenhouse" if anyone interested, she has workable plans too.

View attachment 317600
Our niece-in-law has been giving us a blow by blow report on one our nephew is building from a kit. She says she's learning some new words. :)

OP
Foxfyre

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Do you have a quarantine too??? As for me, the third week inside flat, at least, lets me to sleep well :)

View attachment 317579
Yep. We all are pretty much quarantined in place venturing out for only the absolute necessities.

OP
Foxfyre

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI in case anybody cares, I am definitely left brained based on this. But I knew that. But I thought I might have just a little bit of right brained tendencies and my appreciation for fine art, innovative decorating and such. But alas no.

Sbiker

Gold Member
Reaction score
FYI in case anybody cares, I am definitely left brained based on this. But I knew that. But I thought I might have just a little bit of right brained tendencies and my appreciation for fine art, innovative decorating and such. But alas no.
Here is centralized quarantine. I'm already only at home, working 3 weeks remote... and it forced me to start today to get only and right cure against covid, lol :)

1585692218222.png

Ridgerunner

'Ole Wise One'
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's a cute, fun exercise but it's basically a myth from the early days of studying the brain based on old assumptions that have been proven false. We've found that both sides of the brain work in conjunction with each other. While it is true that some sides are more strongly accessed with specific functions in general both sides work equally.
By the way, I saw grey and green which is supposed to indicate I'm left brain dominant yet I also have all right brain attributes more strongly than the left in many areas.

OP
Foxfyre

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
Foxfyre

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a cute, fun exercise but it's basically a myth from the early days of studying the brain based on old assumptions that have been proven false. We've found that both sides of the brain work in conjunction with each other. While it is true that some sides are more strongly accessed with specific functions in general both sides work equally.
By the way, I saw grey and green which is supposed to indicate I'm left brain dominant yet I also have all right brain attributes more strongly than the left in many areas.
I think I am the same. Very often I know I am processing information and solving problems from a right brain perspective. But also as an investigator type, writer, and analyst, I am pretty much in all left brain mode.

As I posted to Hossfly, nobody is totally one or the other.

OP
Foxfyre

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
Foxfyre

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious though after getting to know you here all these years and a little bit in person. Did you see the shoe as gray & green, or pink & white?

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Reaction score
I'm curious though after getting to know you here all these years and a little bit in person. Did you see the shoe as gray & green, or pink & white?
I see green and grey...

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I put it the last post, grey and green.

Active Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days