USMB Coffee Shop IV

This is the greenhouse my wife bought for herself, the online boast was that a woman could build it in a day. Well my wife didn’t even get it out of the boxing, poor muggings had to do it.
I started around 10am stopped for a lunch hour then resumed work on it till 5pm whereupon I downed tools and withdrew my labour.
The wife gave me an unduly, uncalled for ridiculing, bringing the advertisement of “a woman could build it in a day” Depressed and berated by my woman I got up early the next day (Sunday) and started work whilst she was trying to get beauty sleep. When she came down in her dressing gown and slippers to inspect my manly skills. All she said was “well done, I’ll make you a cup of tea”

Very nice Roy, funny story, typical I guess! Floor is great. I was going to build the one below but we are planning a move and didn't want to go thru all the effort then leave it. They say it can be built for less than $800. 8x12 "ana white diy greenhouse" if anyone interested, she has workable plans too.

1585688509617.jpeg

This is the greenhouse my wife bought for herself, the online boast was that a woman could build it in a day. Well my wife didn’t even get it out of the boxing, poor muggings had to do it.
I started around 10am stopped for a lunch hour then resumed work on it till 5pm whereupon I downed tools and withdrew my labour.
The wife gave me an unduly, uncalled for ridiculing, bringing the advertisement of “a woman could build it in a day” Depressed and berated by my woman I got up early the next day (Sunday) and started work whilst she was trying to get beauty sleep. When she came down in her dressing gown and slippers to inspect my manly skills. All she said was “well done, I’ll make you a cup of tea”

Very nice Roy, funny story, typical I guess! Floor is great. I was going to build the one below but we are planning a move and didn't want to go thru all the effort then leave it. They say it can be built for less than $800. 8x12 "ana white diy greenhouse" if anyone interested, she has workable plans too.

View attachment 317600

Our niece-in-law has been giving us a blow by blow report on one our nephew is building from a kit. She says she's learning some new words. :)

FYI in case anybody cares, I am definitely left brained based on this. But I knew that. But I thought I might have just a little bit of right brained tendencies and my appreciation for fine art, innovative decorating and such. But alas no.

Here is centralized quarantine. I'm already only at home, working 3 weeks remote... and it forced me to start today to get only and right cure against covid, lol :)

1585692218222.png

FYI in case anybody cares, I am definitely left brained based on this. But I knew that. But I thought I might have just a little bit of right brained tendencies and my appreciation for fine art, innovative decorating and such. But alas no.
It's a cute, fun exercise but it's basically a myth from the early days of studying the brain based on old assumptions that have been proven false. We've found that both sides of the brain work in conjunction with each other. While it is true that some sides are more strongly accessed with specific functions in general both sides work equally.
By the way, I saw grey and green which is supposed to indicate I'm left brain dominant yet I also have all right brain attributes more strongly than the left in many areas.

It's a cute, fun exercise but it's basically a myth from the early days of studying the brain based on old assumptions that have been proven false. We've found that both sides of the brain work in conjunction with each other. While it is true that some sides are more strongly accessed with specific functions in general both sides work equally.
By the way, I saw grey and green which is supposed to indicate I'm left brain dominant yet I also have all right brain attributes more strongly than the left in many areas.

I think I am the same. Very often I know I am processing information and solving problems from a right brain perspective. But also as an investigator type, writer, and analyst, I am pretty much in all left brain mode.

As I posted to Hossfly, nobody is totally one or the other.

I'm curious though after getting to know you here all these years and a little bit in person. Did you see the shoe as gray & green, or pink & white?

I'm curious though after getting to know you here all these years and a little bit in person. Did you see the shoe as gray & green, or pink & white?
I see green and grey...

I put it the last post, grey and green.

Well if the theory of right brain/left brain is pure myth, as most experts in the subject indicate, the shoe test should prove it since only one out of ten or so sees the shoe as pink and white. And I cannot believe 9 out of 10 people are left brained.

Oh well. It is interesting that some see different colors in the shoe though.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Jackson for wellness.
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress for wellness.
Gracie and Mr. G. for continued progress for solutions.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and stresses of caring for the animals.
Peach's Mr. P for continued progress, healing, and recovery and Peach for the stresses of being primary caretaker.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.

Note: The Coffee Shop will close as of tomorrow. (But note tomorrow's date,)

1585716473386.png

Forum List

Back