USMB Coffee Shop IV

Has anyone heard of or has family/friend with this?

It's supposedly a rare disorder. Anyway, a dear friend of mine has been diagnosed with it. She has been having trouble laying down, resting, even being pain free for 4 months now and finally got the diagnosis. :(

I told her to find a support group of others suffering the same thing but..with it being rare..what are the odds of finding such a group? Thought I'd ask here. Maybe I can get her to join up and hang out at the CS.

Polymyalgia rheumatica

It's supposedly a rare disorder. Anyway, a dear friend of mine has been diagnosed with it. She has been having trouble laying down, resting, even being pain free for 4 months now and finally got the diagnosis. :(

I told her to find a support group of others suffering the same thing but..with it being rare..what are the odds of finding such a group? Thought I'd ask here. Maybe I can get her to join up and hang out at the CS.

Polymyalgia rheumatica

That's a new one on me Grace. I have friends and family who have been diagnosed with some pretty strange and rare stuff, but I hadn't heard of this one.

Opinions, feedback and suggestions/ideas/tips are welcome. :)

Ah I did miss those on a quick drive through earlier. I am in the midst of a HUGE data entry project and haven't had a lot of time to play now that our house guest left and I can focus on my task. But very nice, pleasant, functional, easy on the eyes. Way too fancy for us as we decorate pretty much what I call Southwestern garage findings and early attic.

Sounds like here, only PNW garage findings and bargain basement style :21:

I had those kinds of decorations and furnishings when my kids were small and more destructive. My son is grown now, so I figured I'd try to do a little more decorating. I've also been collecting Westmoreland milk glass, the paneled grape vine pattern, which I LOVE. I can actually have nice things now! :D

That was the plan for this year, to start putting some effort into the house, but that idea has been waylaid in favor of getting some running vehicles.

Hombre and I are celebrating our anniversary today. We've been married longer than most of you have been alive. Decided it's working out okay though.

But our house is probably as decorated as it is going to get though for our anniversary we might treat ourselves to a new loveseat as the old one is really breaking down. We really live in a house though and, though we want everything to be visually pleasing, we go for functionality and comfort first and/or sentimental value. All our wall hangings, knick knacks and such we made ourselves, were given to us by artist/crafty friends, or have a story behind them. So, our house would never be chosen for a Better Homes & Gardens photo shoot, but it works for us and our frequent guests.
Happy Anniversary, Foxfyre and Hombre.

OIP.Y_88ggXAXCQ5NLoSihN8_gHaHa

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Jackson for wellness.
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Beautress for wellness.
Gracie and Mr. G. for continued progress for solutions.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and stresses of caring for the animals.
Peach's Mr. P for continued progress, healing, and recovery.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Good results for Nosmo's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress and SFC Ollie dealing with death and final arrangements for loved ones.

And we leave a light on so that those who have been away can find their way back, and we rejoice when they do.

By mid February, winter still attempts to do its worst but the signs of its defeat are beginning to appear. It will be no time we will lament its passing as we deal with discomfort of summer heat.
nature-Winter-Wallpapers-8.jpg

Polymyalgia rheumatica

Sorry Gracie, I believe this is the first time I've heard of the condition.

Saturday morning!

A rewind to the days when 'toons could make literary references, and everyone got it.

Let the cartoon begin!

Yes, there was a time that toons could be sort of un-PC, a generation of children grew up appreciating classical music that was the background in so many, and all kids learned something of the literary classics. Entertaining AND educational. What a concept!

Saturday morning!

A rewind to the days when 'toons could make literary references, and everyone got it.

Let the cartoon begin!

Yes, there was a time that toons could be sort of un-PC, a generation of children grew up appreciating classical music that was the background in so many, and all kids learned something of the literary classics. Entertaining AND educational. What a concept!

Well, cartoons today may make literary references from modern stories? Maybe Harry Potter-type stuff.
I also don’t remember ever getting a literary reference from a Bugs Bunny cartoon. They may have been there, but I didn’t know it watching as a kid.

Saturday morning!

Let the cartoon begin!

Well, cartoons today may make literary references from modern stories? Maybe Harry Potter-type stuff.
I also don’t remember ever getting a literary reference from a Bugs Bunny cartoon. They may have been there, but I didn’t know it watching as a kid.

Longfellow: The Song of Hiawatha, The Song of Hiawatha

Saturday morning!

Let the cartoon begin!

Longfellow: The Song of Hiawatha, The Song of Hiawatha

I had the option of memorizing parts of that or parts of "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner." I chose the latter and still remember what I memorized to this day. I wonder if kids are required to read, much less commit to memory, the great classics such as that?

. . .Day after day, day after day,
We stuck, nor breath nor motion;
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.

The very deep did rot: Oh Christ!
That ever this should be!
Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs
Upon the slimy sea. . .
Really warms the heart doesn't it? Not! But it was really fun to memorize and recite as a kid. With a great deal of dramatic emphasis of course. :)

Today I attended a health assessment on my lungs. The new laws concerning welding came into effect at the start of the year, all employees who do welding must by law be medically tested.
My test results were pretty conclusive, the doctor commented I have the lungs of a much younger man by 20years.
Cordell Walker is always strong :D ;)

You mean the movie character?

But welcome to the Coffee Shop Corazon. Your profile says you're in the Philippines? If so I believe you are the first to visit here from that country but we are pleased that you did. You'll find a very eclectic group here, but all worth getting to know. Be sure to read over the opening post to see what we're all about here, and then keep joining right in.

First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage and since I doubt you're experiencing much cold weather there, I'll make it a cool one. :)

wimbledon-cocktail-103538_L.jpg
Hi Foxfyre :bye1:
thanks for your welcome (and for the drink! I was really thirsty :p)
When I said Cordell Walker I meant...this man here below! :D

Chuck_Norris_nel_ruolo_del_Texas_Ranger_Cordell_Walker.jpeg

Today I attended a health assessment on my lungs. The new laws concerning welding came into effect at the start of the year, all employees who do welding must by law be medically tested.
My test results were pretty conclusive, the doctor commented I have the lungs of a much younger man by 20years.
Cordell Walker is always strong :D ;)

You mean the movie character?

But welcome to the Coffee Shop Corazon. Your profile says you're in the Philippines? If so I believe you are the first to visit here from that country but we are pleased that you did. You'll find a very eclectic group here, but all worth getting to know. Be sure to read over the opening post to see what we're all about here, and then keep joining right in.

First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage and since I doubt you're experiencing much cold weather there, I'll make it a cool one. :)

wimbledon-cocktail-103538_L.jpg
Hi Foxfyre :bye1:
thanks for your welcome (and for the drink! I was really thirsty :p)
When I said Cordell Walker I meant...this man here below! :D

View attachment 306977

I’ve trimmed my beard a lot since that picture :)

[QUOTE="Corazon,welcome to the Coffee Shop Corazon. Your profile says you're in the Philippines?

Old Roy has been all over the Far East.....except The PI.

Howdy Corazon. :)
Hi Roy Batty! :hhello: :smile:

I was at sea for quite a while, because of a storm at sea the ship I was on decided not to call in at The Philippines, getting tattooed there was something at the time I wanted very much.

May everyone be happy with their love.
OIP.HKvqLv1S3VWNyvDOaMZlegHaE7

Best wishes!​

Seems like you & I are left with our memories of the holiday and the love we've shared with our own special someone in years past. The roses are beautiful btw.

*sigh, tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of hubs passing & not sure how I feel about that. :(

Those first anniversaries are the toughest and will remain so for awhile. I am aware of so many experiencing them--the first birthday with our loved one, the first Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. So many memories. All we can offer is to care and understand. But we do.

Forum List

Back