USMB Coffee Shop IV

About an hour before I was scheduled to go home for the day my boss says it is thirty day evaluation time. It was a fairly short review, I was outstanding on one or two things, which is pretty hard to do in the beginning from what I was told. The rest were satisfactory, with speed in completing tasks the only criticism. That will come with more time she said. So all in all I was very happy with the review. Found some online resources for studying and that is going well. Just hoping the weather is reasonable next week for the 1,000 miles total I will be driving.

About an hour before I was scheduled to go home for the day my boss says it is thirty day evaluation time. It was a fairly short review, I was outstanding on one or two things, which is pretty hard to do in the beginning from what I was told. The rest were satisfactory, with speed in completing tasks the only criticism. That will come with more time she said. So all in all I was very happy with the review. Found some online resources for studying and that is going well. Just hoping the weather is reasonable next week for the 1,000 miles total I will be driving.

Well we'll be sending some extra positive vibes your way. I'm betting that you're going to do really really well. (And I don't like to lose bets. :) )

When your friend isn't really paying attention to you:

Also, don't walk in the road!

Oh wow. How awful :( Maybe this isn't for real?

It looks real enough, but I don't know.

The thing that makes me think it isn't real is that the inattentive friend did not react in any way when the impact happened. That would have made a loud enough noise that she almost certainly would have reacted. A car hitting a bird makes a loud thump. Hitting a person that hard would have been really loud.

Of course the cold string is continuing. It's January in the upper Ohio River valley. It did climb to 20 degrees today so that meant one lap around Thompson Park with Daisy the Mutt. She hasn't been there since Christmas and eagerly frolicked around interrupting me only twice for one of the treats in my parka pocket. We saw one of her many friends there. A big black and white hound dog named Elvis. Elvis sounds the alarm with great canine waps and howls. He can be heard a half mile away. But he is currently 35 pounds over weight and his owner discourages me from giving him a treat when we meet up. Elvis is disappointed.

I've been suffering through a bout of insomnia lately. I find it uncomfortable in my bed, any sleeping posture just does not feel relaxing. So I get up and pour a bowl of shredded wheat, turn on the TV and tune into one of the cable news channels. I can sit with my eyes closed as there is nothing on the screen but talking heads. I can doze there until I find myself sleepy enough to go back into my bedroom. And that brings us to 3:30 am.

Meanwhile Daisy has taken pride of place in the bed laying just about in the exact center of the mattress. I pick her up, shuffle her to the left side and crash into the pillows until 8:30 am. That's about an hour and a half later than I usually awake. About 2:00 pm, given our current weather, I find myself needing a little power nap for forty five minutes or so. I want to break this pattern.

Of course the cold string is continuing. It's January in the upper Ohio River valley. It did climb to 20 degrees today so that meant one lap around Thompson Park with Daisy the Mutt. She hasn't been there since Christmas and eagerly frolicked around interrupting me only twice for one of the treats in my parka pocket. We saw one of her many friends there. A big black and white hound dog named Elvis. Elvis sounds the alarm with great canine waps and howls. He can be heard a half mile away. But he is currently 35 pounds over weight and his owner discourages me from giving him a treat when we meet up. Elvis is disappointed.

I've been suffering through a bout of insomnia lately. I find it uncomfortable in my bed, any sleeping posture just does not feel relaxing. So I get up and pour a bowl of shredded wheat, turn on the TV and tune into one of the cable news channels. I can sit with my eyes closed as there is nothing on the screen but talking heads. I can doze there until I find myself sleepy enough to go back into my bedroom. And that brings us to 3:30 am.

Meanwhile Daisy has taken pride of place in the bed laying just about in the exact center of the mattress. I pick her up, shuffle her to the left side and crash into the pillows until 8:30 am. That's about an hour and a half later than I usually awake. About 2:00 pm, given our current weather, I find myself needing a little power nap for forty five minutes or so. I want to break this pattern.

My prescription is two extra strength acetaminophen (Tylenol) plus one naproxen (Aleve) 20 minutes or so before you retire. Sure makes a difference for us without any drug hangover or risk of addiction.

Extra prayers, positive thoughts, strengthening vibes sent across the miles to rickchickie tonight and in the morning.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
ricechickie for impending surgery,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Hope every one had a chance to see the wonderful wolf moon tonight, the first of two super moons we will see this month.

Artists rendition of a guardian angel when we need one that's really tough.
guardianangel.jpg

Was just checking the weather--chillier than it has been at this hour but we're still scheduled to be in the 50's today. The folks in the northeast are bracing for a major nor'easter blizzard with up to two feet of snow and near hurricane force winds if it isn't there already. Just saw the storm is actually developing an eye. So ChrisL and others up there, be stocked up and have your emergency contingencies in place. I hope ricechickie is far enough inland this isn't affecting her surgery schedule again.

My prescription is two extra strength acetaminophen (Tylenol) plus one naproxen (Aleve) 20 minutes or so before you retire. Sure makes a difference for us without any drug hangover or risk of addiction.

I just realized I misspoke in this post: That should be two extra strength acetaminophen (Tylenol) PM plus one naproxen (Aleve). The PM part is actually just a low dose of benadryl but it does prompt mild sleepiness in most people.

Forum List

Back