USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just got back from shopping. I had a little Christmas money that I just had to spend. :D

It wasn't too crowded in the stores. The cold weather is good for that much at least. Nobody wants to go out in this weather.

Happy New Year to all USMB posters. It is going to be a good year for me as my favorite number is part of it. Don't ask me why my favorite number is the number 8 for I don't have a reason. I sometimes think it is the symmetry of the number since I can't otherwise explain. The number 8 is a complete number, softly curvaceous, and reminds me of the architectural design of many things, India. I love a softly rounded Indian look as opposed to those with edges but I do have a combination of both in the interior design of my domicile. The Taj Mahal is but one of 150 framed pictures embracing me at all times with a graceful ambiance.

BBD, looks like you will be spending the day inside? You, with the lovely redhead.

Happy New Year, all coffee shoppers! It has long been a pleasure knowing you. :smiliehug:

Don’t know any redheads...

It's not nearly as cold here as it is for some of you, but we're currently at 28 degrees, which is pretty cold for central Georgia.

I took a couple of pictures with the little one in the shirts I had made for her:
Love and Bear Feet edit.jpg

Happiness is a Good Sled edit.jpg

I was happier with them than she was. :p

I also had a shirt made for myself, but it wasn't a sentimental one like those. :)

Happy New Year! It’s -15 here this morning with a -35 wind chill factor. 2018 off to a chilly start here!
Must be fairly close.
Woke up to -17. 40 miles north of Twin Cities.

Now a balmy -7.

BBD is in upper Illinois. But I don't envy either of you the deep freeze temps you are having. Saw on the Weather Channel in the last hour that 41+% of the USA is under snow cover right now. But here in the southwest, we are enjoying springlike temps and mostly sunshine when we actually NEED the cold and the snow.

Happy New Year! It’s -15 here this morning with a -35 wind chill factor. 2018 off to a chilly start here!
Must be fairly close.

Now a balmy -7.

BBD is in upper Illinois. But I don't envy either of you the deep freeze temps you are having. Saw on the Weather Channel in the last hour that 41+% of the USA is under snow cover right now. But here in the southwest, we are enjoying springlike temps and mostly sunshine when we actually NEED the cold and the snow.

It's cold enough here, but we don't have snow, and aren't expected to get any. :(

Lakes now have good ice early this year. Went by local lake and the diehard anglers are driving trucks out there now.
Guess I should dig out the gear.
Sit in a fish house and drink. Best way to pass winter up north.

Must be fairly close.

Now a balmy -7.

I lived in Minneapolis almost 7 years. The coldest I experienced was -34 below actual temperature. -20 below wasn't all that unusual. I am sure you're familiar.

Please no snow angels. They could be life threatening. :)

8202f7824b25ed2118aef05735f1c728.jpg

May 2018 be a year of love, laughter, adventure, success, and adventure for us all.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
ricechickie for impending surgery,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

wtf%2Bnew%2Byear%2Bpoem.jpg

Lakes now have good ice early this year. Went by local lake and the diehard anglers are driving trucks out there now.
Back in the mid 60s my dad was TDY in Nam, my mom and us boys were back home in Gladstone on Little Bay De Noc. That winter there were fishing huts set up on the ice and to get to them everyone drove between two huge sand bars, obviously that didn't last long as the ice between sand bars is thinner........ Was watching a VW bug drive out, as it got between the dunes the ice gave way under the rear wheels. Memory is a bit hazy afterwards but I think they winched it out with a couple of tow trucks.

Ice fishing is something I have never done. Some of our high mountain northern lakes freeze sufficiently for ice fishing, and I once had an opportunity to do so at Eagle Nest, but something came up and we had to change our plans. But it does seem like a chilly way to fish even if you have an ice house. Our winter fisherman usually don't.

Happy New year everyone, hope everyone has a grand and prosperous year. Still keeping myself very busy, I will pop in from time to time to say hello. :thup:

You never told us how that crown rib roast turned out. :)
Foxfyre , have you looked at the Eagle Cam today?

Just did. M1 (the daddy eagle) was brooding on the nest. Mom and Dad are both hunting extra diligently to keep themselves and two hungry eaglets fed. Last year they only had one baby to feed and that was a lot easier. I apparently checked in after the last feeding.

Happy New year everyone, hope everyone has a grand and prosperous year. Still keeping myself very busy, I will pop in from time to time to say hello. :thup:

You never told us how that crown rib roast turned out. :)
Foxfyre , have you looked at the Eagle Cam today?

Just did. M1 (the daddy eagle) was brooding on the nest. Mom and Dad are both hunting extra diligently to keep themselves and two hungry eaglets fed. Last year they only had one baby to feed and that was a lot easier. I apparently checked in after the last feeding.

For those who would be interested in the eagle cam, here's the link again:
Live Eagle Cam

I put an icon for it on my desk top so I can look in intermittently.

Forum List

Back