USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to apply for a job at the local service station. Its only part time, but its a 24 hour store so if I can a night shift there, I'll be happy. :)

Afternoon everyone.

Mum and dad have gone for a few days to stay with nana, so I get a quiet house for a couple of days. After some verbal abuse this morning - just mocking me for actually going to the gym to keep fit - they left about half an hour ago.

I understand that mum is stressed but she doesn't need to take it out on me. I hate it when people take their anger out on others. She doesn't know that I am depressed again, its hard to deal with that when you can't get away from the mocking.

Last night she was angry because no one had gone to see nana in the hostel. Nana is depressed because she has no visitors. A depressed person shouldn't be allowing more depression into their lives which is why I haven't gone up to see her. I can't deal with that right now. Anyway, mum was saying how she would hate it if no one came to visit her, that we probably wouldn't and she would prefer a needle in her arm to kill herself than to sit around waiting for a phone call. Its just emotional blackmail, is all. But it works, let me tell you.

Oh well. At least I have my health (physical, anyway) and my friends. And karate. The highlight of my life.

Do you have any escapes besides karate? Reading, shows, crafts, socializing?

Afternoon everyone.

Mum and dad have gone for a few days to stay with nana, so I get a quiet house for a couple of days. After some verbal abuse this morning - just mocking me for actually going to the gym to keep fit - they left about half an hour ago.

I understand that mum is stressed but she doesn't need to take it out on me. I hate it when people take their anger out on others. She doesn't know that I am depressed again, its hard to deal with that when you can't get away from the mocking.

Last night she was angry because no one had gone to see nana in the hostel. Nana is depressed because she has no visitors. A depressed person shouldn't be allowing more depression into their lives which is why I haven't gone up to see her. I can't deal with that right now. Anyway, mum was saying how she would hate it if no one came to visit her, that we probably wouldn't and she would prefer a needle in her arm to kill herself than to sit around waiting for a phone call. Its just emotional blackmail, is all. But it works, let me tell you.

Oh well. At least I have my health (physical, anyway) and my friends. And karate. The highlight of my life.

Besides work and gym? Not really. But karate is enough. Couldn't live without it.

Afternoon everyone.

Besides work and gym? Not really. But karate is enough. Couldn't live without it.

Well, from here it doesn't look like it's enough. It doesn't take up enough time. Like - when I'm not in here, I'm wandering around Pinterest, or Facebook, or reading, or watching a show. What I'm looking for (having lived in your shoes for a decade or so) is an escape for you so that you can go "Ooh, shiny!" when a loved one takes their shots.

I would love to find something that took up more time, but mum hates me being away. I need to stay home to be yelled at lol.

What I do is lie about when I am working. If I finish at 2pm I tell her I finish at 4pm and go to class straight after so as to spend the whole day away.

I would love to find something that took up more time, but mum hates me being away. I need to stay home to be yelled at lol.

What I do is lie about when I am working. If I finish at 2pm I tell her I finish at 4pm and go to class straight after so as to spend the whole day away.

What if you up and developed a life? Like volunteer work at the humane society. When you're home, can you just lock yourself in your room?

I still have flashbacks of my mother downstairs, screaming my name in a fit of rage, being afraid to go downstairs - and I was your age. So ... I know.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Dad, Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Derideo_Te, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
BBD and the family of his dear friend, Otis.
Ernie as he waits with Royce and family,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

After this weekend, only 2 more trips to Michigan. The last couple of years have been exciting to say the least. I forgot what this state looked like without snow LOL. It's off to college with her this fall :thup:.

Sent from my ass using USMessageBoard.com

Is she going to U of M?

The Boston Conservatory | Music, Dance, Theater

She wiggles like a glow worm,
dance like a spinnin' top... :thup:

Yes, I've heard of it. :D

You'll be able to visit one of my favorite cities, Boston then.

What if you up and developed a life? Like volunteer work at the humane society. When you're home, can you just lock yourself in your room?

I still have flashbacks of my mother downstairs, screaming my name in a fit of rage, being afraid to go downstairs - and I was your age. So ... I know.

I used to volunteer at the RSPCA when I was a teenager. Gave me some good experience and I know how to work with animals and it looks good on my resume.
Volunteer work isn't good enough for her - its not paid and I shouldn't accept anything other than a paid position.

I applied for a position picking apples just now. Hours are excellent, pay is good but its by the bin, not per hour. It would mean I am gone all day, which suits me fine!

Up and about this morning. Have had my coffee. Need to go run my truck through the car wash and fill it up with gas. Will be attending my friend, Otis, funeral this afternoon. Beautiful day here for a funeral. Pretty nice outside. Taco seems to be rather smug this morning. I suppose it's because it's Cinco de Mayo Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back