US Kung Flu Death Rate almost cut in half.

As a nation we are getting our butts kicked by this virus. It isn't Trump's fault, we simply failed so blatantly miserably to be ready for a pandemic it's mind boggling. I am very very disappointed in my country. We should have been ready years and years ago.

John Hopkins University disagrees with you. Their studies show we were the most prepared in the entire world:

All this study is saying is that we had resources and plan laid out in place in 2019. It doesn’t somehow mean the execution of the response is somehow a reflection of that. The report pre-dated the actual response. The EXECUTION was botched.

1) Hospitals were poorly equipped for the resources RELEVANT to COVID like ventilators.

2) Mass testing on a weekly basis began in other countries long before it happened in the US. Obvious that was critical to stopping the spread.

3) Trump ignored warnings by the government that COVID would be a problem in the US. Trump downplayed it for months and refused to do jack shit. Remember that? Of course you do. You’re just pretending it didn’t happen.

I hate how you douche bags cherry pick studies that fit your narrative and ignore the rest. Grow the fuck up.

"But as the deadly virus spread from China with ferocity across the United States between late January and early March, large-scale testing of people who might have been infected did not happen — because of technical flaws, regulatory hurdles, business-as-usual bureaucracies and lack of leadership at multiple levels, according to interviews with more than 50 current and former public health officials, administration officials, senior scientists and company executives."

When we finally realized it was a problem, we had test kits. The problem was we had only one kind that was approved by the FDA. Those kits were manufactured through the CDC. You know how these bureaucracies wash each others back.

When it was discovered that this only test kit allowed by the FDA was defective, Trump had to start from scratch to find us different ones. The problem with that was, so was the rest of the world.

When he finally found companies willing to help us, the Fn FDA still stalled in their approval process instead of fast-tracking it.

Ventilators: You are referring to the NYC ventilator potential shortage. Did you know that they had ample supply, but because of the cost to test and maintain that equipment, they sold all their ventilators off? Again, Trump went into the problem head on.

Do I remember Trump downplaying the virus? Yes I do. Do you remember Piglosi, Cuomo, and DeBlasio doing the same thing? Do you remember that the House spent the first two weeks of March trying to pass a bill to strip Trump's authority to issue travel bans?

President Trump ignored nothing. He acted on every advisory of our medical experts such as Fauci, Brix, and even the CDC.
Uh yeah we didn't have a test for a brand new virus right away. The testing by itself wasn't the point though. I am talking about testing on a mass scale. Other countries like Germany or South Korea began mass testing on a weekly basis several weeks before we did. You think it was the US that developed that test for the rest of the world? Uh no. Other countries created their OWN testing.

And no, I mean nationwide we had a shortage of testing. Hell even Fox News confirms this because the article goes well with a narrative:

Pelosi definitely didn't touch the subject early on, but guess what? It was Trump, not Pelosi, who got those intelligence briefings. Trump had a better idea than Pelosi about the threat itself.

Oh now you're saying Trump ignored nothing? Are you listening to yourself? You and I both know he sat on his ass about the virus for weeks. He called it a Democrat hoax at first. Then he said it wasn't a big deal and it would magically disappear.

As a nation we are getting our butts kicked by this virus. It isn't Trump's fault, we simply failed so blatantly miserably to be ready for a pandemic it's mind boggling. I am very very disappointed in my country. We should have been ready years and years ago.

John Hopkins University disagrees with you. Their studies show we were the most prepared in the entire world:

All this study is saying is that we had resources and plan laid out in place in 2019. It doesn’t somehow mean the execution of the response is somehow a reflection of that. The report pre-dated the actual response. The EXECUTION was botched.

1) Hospitals were poorly equipped for the resources RELEVANT to COVID like ventilators.

2) Mass testing on a weekly basis began in other countries long before it happened in the US. Obvious that was critical to stopping the spread.

3) Trump ignored warnings by the government that COVID would be a problem in the US. Trump downplayed it for months and refused to do jack shit. Remember that? Of course you do. You’re just pretending it didn’t happen.

I hate how you douche bags cherry pick studies that fit your narrative and ignore the rest. Grow the fuck up.

"But as the deadly virus spread from China with ferocity across the United States between late January and early March, large-scale testing of people who might have been infected did not happen — because of technical flaws, regulatory hurdles, business-as-usual bureaucracies and lack of leadership at multiple levels, according to interviews with more than 50 current and former public health officials, administration officials, senior scientists and company executives."

When we finally realized it was a problem, we had test kits. The problem was we had only one kind that was approved by the FDA. Those kits were manufactured through the CDC. You know how these bureaucracies wash each others back.

When it was discovered that this only test kit allowed by the FDA was defective, Trump had to start from scratch to find us different ones. The problem with that was, so was the rest of the world.

When he finally found companies willing to help us, the Fn FDA still stalled in their approval process instead of fast-tracking it.

Ventilators: You are referring to the NYC ventilator potential shortage. Did you know that they had ample supply, but because of the cost to test and maintain that equipment, they sold all their ventilators off? Again, Trump went into the problem head on.

Do I remember Trump downplaying the virus? Yes I do. Do you remember Piglosi, Cuomo, and DeBlasio doing the same thing? Do you remember that the House spent the first two weeks of March trying to pass a bill to strip Trump's authority to issue travel bans?

President Trump ignored nothing. He acted on every advisory of our medical experts such as Fauci, Brix, and even the CDC.

You know so much that isn't true Ray.

The rest of the world has had no problems or delays with our testing. All of the testing problems have been unique to the USA. Canada has been testing people coming from China and Europe since January, with no set backs or delays.

When the CDC fucked up their initial testing system, that had no impact on any nation other than the USA, because we weren't using the CDC tests, we were using the WHO tests.

Trump then gave permission to labs to run with their own tests without CDC approvals. That has lead to your current mess. A veritiable Disneyland of testing systems with no indication of which ones work and which ones don't. Each uses a different processing system. Some include a proprietary processing system. Others must be returned to the issuing lab for processing, and some can be processed on the spot. One labs tests won't work with another one's processing. For hospitals trying to buy an effective system for their hospital, there's nothing to guide them. Like a CDC approval.

Had the USA taken the WHO test and done mass manufacturing of that test, you would not be in the mess you're in. Your testing would be cheap, effective, and fast. Like the rest of the world.

She said even if you die of a heart attack on the way to the hospital and test positive, you treated a Covid patient and are entitled to fed money.
You know that COVID-19 causes blood clots that can be the cause strokes and heart attacks.

Can and do are two different things. The main concern among caregivers are the lungs. The lungs are the most common reason for real Covid deaths.
People dying is the most common reason for wuhan deaths. Ray, no one will ever convince me this fake pandemic.is actually occurring. Look at all the ads on tv and radio!!! All out before it hit. Now masks? On every ad! Yeah. Orchestrated and people are really stupid!! Logic has left humanity , I guess I’m one of the special people who get the hoax!

No, it is a pandemic, but a worldwide pandemic, not a US pandemic.

Hindsight is 20/20. What if we shutdown the country over H1N1? What if we shutdown the country over SARS? What if we shutdown the country over Ebola? What if we shutdown the country over the West Niles virus? What about AIDS?

We can't shutdown the country before a situation becomes a problem here. We can only act when it does become a real problem. Imagine what our economy would have been like if we shutdown the country over all of these things, plus 911! We would never have had an economy, and tens of trillions more in debt.
The reasons are described here.

SARS and MERS: Deadly, but not easily spread

Swine flu: Easily spread, but not as deadly

Ebola: Very severe, but hard to contract

Uh yeah we didn't have a test for a brand new virus right away. The testing by itself wasn't the point though. I am talking about testing on a mass scale. Other countries like Germany or South Korea began mass testing on a weekly basis several weeks before we did. You think it was the US that developed that test for the rest of the world? Uh no. Other countries created their OWN testing.

And no, I mean nationwide we had a shortage of testing. Hell even Fox News confirms this because the article goes well with a narrative:

Pelosi definitely didn't touch the subject early on, but guess what? It was Trump, not Pelosi, who got those intelligence briefings. Trump had a better idea than Pelosi about the threat itself.

Oh now you're saying Trump ignored nothing? Are you listening to yourself? You and I both know he sat on his ass about the virus for weeks. He called it a Democrat hoax at first. Then he said it wasn't a big deal and it would magically disappear.

Yes he did, and so did the commies:

Piglosi told her constituents not to worry about this silly virus. Go to Chinatown and mingle with people. Don't worry.

DeBlasio encouraged people to ride the subway; get out and shop in NYC.

Cuomo (who was scared about running out of ventilators later on) told New Yorkers to get out and enjoy. If the virus ever becomes a problem, they are more than capable of handling it.

Germany and South Korea don't have 340 million people. We do. They don't come close to 340 million people combined. Yes, they had testing ability because unlike the US, they are not mired in bureaucracies and red tape as we are. You can't blame President Trump for that. It's a preponderating system that's been metastasizing for generations before he even thought of running for President.

Now do tell, when did Trump sit on his ass? I have the timeline of what actions our President took and when he took them. I have videos of Fauci testifying that the President took any and all actions he recommended.

You know so much that isn't true Ray.

The rest of the world has had no problems or delays with our testing. All of the testing problems have been unique to the USA. Canada has been testing people coming from China and Europe since January, with no set backs or delays.

When the CDC fucked up their initial testing system, that had no impact on any nation other than the USA, because we weren't using the CDC tests, we were using the WHO tests.

Trump then gave permission to labs to run with their own tests without CDC approvals. That has lead to your current mess. A veritiable Disneyland of testing systems with no indication of which ones work and which ones don't. Each uses a different processing system. Some include a proprietary processing system. Others must be returned to the issuing lab for processing, and some can be processed on the spot. One labs tests won't work with another one's processing. For hospitals trying to buy an effective system for their hospital, there's nothing to guide them. Like a CDC approval.

Had the USA taken the WHO test and done mass manufacturing of that test, you would not be in the mess you're in. Your testing would be cheap, effective, and fast. Like the rest of the world.

You stated that lie in the past, and I posted a link showing that the WHO never offered the US any tests because they focus on third world countries. No discussion ever took place between our CDC and the WHO about testing. It's yet another commie lie by the left.

The CDC doesn't approve testing, the FDA does. You don't even understand how our bureaucracies work yet alone able to comment on them.

Piglosi told her constituents not to worry about this silly virus. Go to Chinatown and mingle with people. Don't worry.

Cuomo (who was scared about running out of ventilators later on) told New Yorkers to get out and enjoy. If the virus ever becomes a problem, they are more than capable of handling it.

Germany and South Korea don't have 340 million people. We do. They don't come close to 340 million people combined. Yes, they had testing ability because unlike the US, they are not mired in bureaucracies and red tape as we are. You can't blame President Trump for that. It's a preponderating system that's been metastasizing for generations before he even thought of running for President.

Now do tell, when did Trump sit on his ass? I have the timeline of what actions our President took and when he took them. I have videos of Fauci testifying that the President took any and all actions he recommended.
South Korea has a population of 50 million. They have a total number of cases at 14,000. Their deaths? 300. That tells you all you need to know. And hell, this country is much closer to China than we are.

Your timeline doesn’t mean shit if other nations acted quicker. South Korea began mass testing and quarantine well before we did.

You keep thinking I’m going to claim Pelosi reacted appropriately at first. I’m not claiming she did. Trump however knew more about the threat of the virus before Pelosi and he still didn’t do jack shit. It was a lie he even cut off travel from China, but even if he did, the virus was still here fucking either way.

South Korea has a population of 50 million. They have a total number of cases at 14,000. Their deaths? 300. That tells you all you need to know. And hell, this country is much closer to China than we are.

Your timeline doesn’t mean shit if other nations acted quicker. South Korea began mass testing and quarantine well before we did.

You keep thinking I’m going to claim Pelosi reacted appropriately at first. I’m not claiming she did. Trump however knew more about the threat of the virus before Pelosi and he still didn’t do jack shit. It was a lie he even cut off travel from China, but even if he did, the virus was still here fucking either way.

The virus was not top secret information. What Trump knew, everybody knew. Do you have any evidence that Trump knew something the rest of us didn't know? If so, post it or stop with the lies.

Yes, SK is much closer to China than we are. That's why they are able to order their people in isolation like pets. We have a US Constitution to abide by. States and Governors all across our country are being sued for their actions that harmed individuals or businesses financially, or responsible for the closing of their business. We are not like these other countries, so quit trying to compare apples to oranges.

New Zealand is celebrating their 100th day without the virus today. But the population of NZ is 5 million people; about 2.5 million less than our population of NYC. Think about that.

They immediately stopped all border traffic from flowing, and continued that for several months. In spite of their claim to fame, their borders are still completely closed. Do you think the Democrats would allow such a measure here??? They closed down our government for the longest period of time in our history to fight against Trump's wall!

The virus was not top secret information. What Trump knew, everybody knew. Do you have any evidence that Trump knew something the rest of us didn't know? If so, post it or stop with the lies.

Yes, SK is much closer to China than we are. That's why they are able to order their people in isolation like pets. We have a US Constitution to abide by. States and Governors all across our country are being sued for their actions that harmed individuals or businesses financially, or responsible for the closing of their business. We are not like these other countries, so quit trying to compare apples to oranges.

New Zealand is celebrating their 100th day without the virus today. But the population of NZ is 5 million people; about 2.5 million less than our population of NYC. Think about that.

They immediately stopped all border traffic from flowing, and continued that for several months. In spite of their claim to fame, their borders are still completely closed. Do you think the Democrats would allow such a measure here??? They closed down our government for the longest period of time in our history to fight against Trump's wall!
Quit pretending South Korea is this fascist regime. You’re an idiot if you think that. They have all the basic freedoms we have. Are you just pretending any Asian country is like China or something? Hell, SK’s citizens rank higher on the global happiness scale than we do. South Korea has a prosperous economy and a good healthcare system. All this crap you’re saying about governors here in the US is all bullshit.

I didn’t even mention NZ - you did. Obviously it makes more sense to compare SK. Either way, if SK’s deaths were in proportion to our population, They would be 1800 - still far smaller than 160,000. They showed us up even more by keeping their deathtoll at 300.

You'll find the data here.
From your link:
CLOSED CASES

Cases which had an outcome:

2,660,099 (94%)
Recovered / Discharged

165,560 (6%)
Deaths
That's a worthless metric intended only to scare the gullible.
It is the ONLY accurate metric, which is why you reject it.

All other metrics make the MORONIC assumption that NOT another person will die of covid who has not already died!!!!!
It's not anywhere near accurate. It's the most alarming to the gullible, which is the reason you use it.

Who are you trying to fool?
Obviously you swallowed the MORONIC assumption!

Your entire post is bullshit Ray. Stop making excuses for Trump's abject failure.

Germany has 85 million people in a geographic area slightly smaller than the State of Montana. Germany's population is roughly 1/3 of the USA with a geographic area 1/26th the size of the USA, so the comparison between Germany and the USA is a reasonable one. In fact, given your greater land mass, it should have been EASIER for you to contain the virus, compared to the much more densely populated countries in Europe.

As for "red tape", Germany and South Korea has some of the most stringent drug approvals in the world. The USA is loosey goosey in comparison. The USA has had "accelerated" approvals sine 2017. Trump's American made testing failed, but Dr. Redfield is unqualified to run the CDC. Trump fired the previous head of the CDC for "disloyalty" and replaced her with Redfield. The Senate confirmed him, despite his lack of qualifications and experience, and he fucked up. No big surprise there. This is what happens when "loyalty" is more important than qualifications.

Where? Name the hospitals

There are only ~1 million total hospital beds in America. It was a lie, an outrageous lie. It is what the left does.

Cases which had an outcome:2,829,530

Recovered / Discharged 2,663,954 (94%)

Deaths 165,576 (6%)
What about the other 3,330,000 million that had it and stayed healthy?
Only 2,663,594 stayed healthy.
The 3,330,000 you mention are still sick, they have neither recovered nor died.

You'll find the data here.
From your link:
CLOSED CASES

2,660,099 (94%)
Recovered / Discharged

165,560 (6%)
Deaths
That's a worthless metric intended only to scare the gullible.
It is the ONLY accurate metric, which is why you reject it.

All other metrics make the MORONIC assumption that NOT another person will die of covid who has not already died!!!!!
It's not anywhere near accurate. It's the most alarming to the gullible, which is the reason you use it.

Who are you trying to fool?

As always, you're living in upside down land. The "deaths as a percentage of total cases metric is lie.

Look at this chart. It shows the death rate as a percentage of "closed cases" only. You can't make a case that all of the current active cases have a "zero %" death rate because we don't know yet how many of these people will recover and how many will die. Approximately 6% of all "closed cases" are closed because the patient died. The other 94% recovered.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 20,026,161 Cases and 734,020 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Donald Trump has been trying to downplay the cases and the death since this thing started. It really isn't working for him or for you. Anything to make his numbers look better, no matter how many people are dying.

The virus IS winning. It is in control. You can deny it but it is calling the shots. Our stores, which are fully open, are vacant. Covid round 2 is going to wreak havoc.
Let me guess, you're one of those fraidy-cat liberals who screams "the sky is falling" when someone mentions our schools are reopening.

Why don't you just live in a bubble?

No, it is a pandemic, but a worldwide pandemic, not a US pandemic.

Hindsight is 20/20. What if we shutdown the country over H1N1? What if we shutdown the country over SARS? What if we shutdown the country over Ebola? What if we shutdown the country over the West Niles virus? What about AIDS?

We can't shutdown the country before a situation becomes a problem here. We can only act when it does become a real problem. Imagine what our economy would have been like if we shutdown the country over all of these things, plus 911! We would never have had an economy, and tens of trillions more in debt.
it isn't logical. not in the least. if this virus is that fking nasty, then 99% of those with it and have no symptoms, wouldn't be alive. That's a pandemic.

The virus IS winning. It is in control. You can deny it but it is calling the shots. Our stores, which are fully open, are vacant. Covid round 2 is going to wreak havoc.
in your head. i'm laughing at your ignorance.

We were at a high of 5.8%, now we are down to 3.1%.

You won't hear this on the Fake News outlets.
That is because the US death rate is currently 6%.
The death rate is currently 0.05 %
LIAR!

CLOSED CASES

2,660,099 (94%)
Recovered / Discharged

165,560 (6%)
Deaths
That is not how the death rate is calculated by anyone anywhere in the world.

Isn’t that just because of more testing though? Trump says cases are going up just because we test more which means death rate goes down because the denominator is increasing.
So what you are saying is the death rate has never been higher than 3.1%, and is in fact much lower.

So why all the panic?

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Global Deaths

Coronavirus (COVID-19) U.S. Deaths
CountryDeathsDeaths /
1M pop
New
Deaths
TestsEstimated
Cases
Confirmed
Cases
Confirmed Case
Fatality Rate
Confirmed Cases /
1M pop
Seasonal Flu Deaths1
(CDC/WHO 2017)
731,970----19,942,155---
United States165,373505.5+30365,137,819-5,179,1333.19%15,830.240,905
Brazil100,667480.6+12413,231,548-3,018,2863.34%14,409.216,910
Mexico52,006412.1+6951,085,897-475,90210.93%3,771.36,075
United Kingdom46,574700.5+818,349,668-310,82514.98%4,674.813,879
India44,46632.9+1,01324,106,535-2,214,1372.01%1,636.9362,108
Italy35,205582.6+27,249,844-250,56614.05%4,146.310,058
France30,324452.7-4,183,143-197,92115.32%2,954.69,199
Spain28,503610.0-7,064,329-361,4427.89%7,735.78,091
Peru20,844651.6-2,548,439-471,0124.43%14,724.19,212
Iran**18,427225.3+1632,686,498-326,7125.64%3,994.03,156
Russia14,931103.3+7730,640,020-887,5361.68%6,143.118,654
Colombia12,540252.6-1,877,368-376,8703.33%7,590.72,527
South Africa10,210176.7-3,220,265-553,1881.85%9,574.18,409
Chile10,077538.0+661,841,355-373,0562.70%19,918.52,235
Belgium9,870864.1+41,819,137-73,40113.45%6,426.22,662
Germany9,261111.7-8,586,648-217,1674.26%2,618.716,876
Canada8,981242.3+54,404,038-119,4047.52%3,222.04,569
Netherlands6,157357.3-1,079,860-58,56410.51%3,398.82,312
Pakistan6,08228.7+142,127,089-284,1212.14%1,338.842,650
Ecuador5,922346.6+6267,146-94,4596.27%5,529.01,444
Turkey5,84471.0+155,263,816-240,8042.43%2,925.25,613
Sweden5,763565.9-863,315-82,3237.00%8,084.21,541
Indonesia5,72321.4+651,715,798-125,3964.56%468.559,453
Iraq5,392140.3+821,145,386-150,1153.59%3,905.88,113
Egypt4,99250.7-135,000-95,3145.24%968.422,843
China*4,6343.3-90,410,000-84,6195.48%60.891,814
Argentina4,556102.4+33845,220-241,8111.88%5,434.67,156
Bolivia3,587315.9+63189,172-89,0554.03%7,844.13,159
Bangladesh3,39921.1+341,260,319-257,6001.32%1,596.536,590
Saudi Arabia3,16794.0+373,813,274-288,6901.10%8,566.51,974

Coronavirus Updates (COVID-19) Deaths & Cases per 1M Population | RealClearPolitics

You're right. No one will tell you this. That's because NO ONE calculates a "confirmed case death rate" except Donald Trump. That's because the number is a lie meant to deceive you into thinking things are getting better. You have 2.664 million "active cases" and you don't know how many of those people are going to die. This is just a calculation that Donald Trump came up with so his numbers don't look so bad.

Your actual death rate is 5.8%. You calculate the actual death rate by dividing the number of deaths by the total number of resolved cases (deaths + recovered cases)
Show us what group of medical experts calculates the death rate that way.

That is because the US death rate is currently 6%.
3.19%.

Learn to read.

5.8% Learn to tell the truth.

That is bullshit you can’t back up.

Forum List

Back