Should the US match the EU NATO members funding schedule? (Poll)

Should the US pay more per year to Ukraine than the EU countries?

• NO

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • YES

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (see my post}

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
The US Senate is trying to pass $60b for Ukraine to be disbursed over 2-years. (Thru 9/2025). Which is $30b a year.

The EU just passed $54b for 4-years, or $13.5b a year for 4-years.

An official text, published by the EU Council, said that the 27 member states had approved €50 billion ($54 billion) to be sent to Ukraine from 2024 to 2027.

So why is the US paying more a year than the EU? Its their back yard.

Lets vote on it. IMHO the US should revise the funding schedule to $15b a year for 4-years to match the EU.

The GDP of the EU (in euros) is around 15T, the USA around 23T, so there is no reason in the world why the EU can't pull their own weight and fund the Ukes if that's what they want to do.

I say not another dime to the Uke midget....Enough of the USA being the EU's crutch. Let them cut back on their social programs and reap the consequences of their Ukeland virtue signaling.

caddyshack-get-nothing.gif

The GDP of the EU (in euros) is around 15T, the USA around 23T, so there is no reason in the world why the EU can't pull their own weight and fund the Ukes if that's what they want to do.

I say not another dime to the Uke midget....Enough of the USA being the EU's crutch. Let them cut back on their social programs and reap the consequences of their Ukeland virtue signaling.
Actually the GDP of the EU is $19.5T so they are able to pay 2%. The current 2024 US GDP is $28T.
If Ukraine wears Russia down that is a good thing fo us.

The European Union's GDP estimated to be around $19.35 trillion (nominal) in 2024[2]

$28T GDP

We should pay less than the EU to Ukraine because we have other responsibilities all over the world.

The US Senate is trying to pass $60b for Ukraine to be disbursed over 2-years. (Thru 9/2025). Which is $30b a year.

An official text, published by the EU Council, said that the 27 member states had approved €50 billion ($54 billion) to be sent to Ukraine from 2024 to 2027.

Lets vote on it. IMHO the US should revise the funding schedule to $15b a year for 4-years to match the EU.
What’s this deal if trump tries to interfere with provisions of the bill he can be impeached
Ya like that will hold up to the supreme court

What’s this deal if trump tries to interfere with provisions of the bill he can be impeached
Ya like that will hold up to the supreme court
Are you talking about the new Law that no President can pull out of NATO without a 2/3 vote in Congress?

Why? Are we going to launch a war against Russia? FFS.
Russia under Putin is an aggressor nation. Trump wants NATO to meet their 2% for the military.
A weakened Russia is good for world peace. Ukraine is bearing the brunt of the fighting, giving weapons is in the interest of the US and NATO.
My bitch is that the EU freeloaders always wait for the US to pay the bill.

Democrats created this huge mess. Biden and the Democrats had their fingers deep in the corrupt Ukraine cookie jar.
Hillary flirted with the Russians, with that stupid, "reset" button
Obama told Russia, that Obama could help Russia much more after re-election

It seems to me, the truth is anything but what we here the Democrats claim.

Actually the GDP of the EU is $19.5T so they are able to pay 2%. The current 2024 US GDP is $28T.
If Ukraine wears Russia down that is a good thing fo us.

The European Union's GDP estimated to be around $19.35 trillion (nominal) in 2024[2]

$28T GDP

We should pay less than the EU to Ukraine because we have other responsibilities all over the world.
I must have seen older numbers but the spread ia about the same so my (and your) point remains valid.

Yes, because the Ukraine denied the one True Orange Jesus, Donald Trump.

Ah, I remember when Republicans used to be against Russian Aggression!
No republican is calling for Russian aggression. The military, foreign policy, the Defense Department, that is all under Democrat control.

Democrats need to step down from government. There is not one problem in this world that the democrats accept responsibility for or have a solution to fix the problem.

Democrats are all about blaming, insulting, and passing the buck, when they are not lying through their tooth.

No republican is calling for Russian aggression. The military, foreign policy, the Defense Department, that is all under Democrat control.

Democrats need to step down from government. There is not one problem in this world that the democrats accept responsibility for or have a solution to fix the problem.

Democrats are all about blaming, insulting, and passing the buck, when they are not lying through their tooth.

Democrats are the ones standing up to Putin's aggression.

It's Republicans who are blocking aide to Ukraine to appease their Orange Man-God.

The whole NATO thing is ridiculous. All countries are supposed to pony up 2% of their GDP which, for the US, adds up to one hell of a lot more than any other country because our economy is so much larger. And that is to defend THEM, not us. And, several of those countries don't even pony up their 2%. Meanwhile, the US has a national debt of 34 trillion dollars.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not for disbanding NATO, but, they need to at least pony up their 2% if not more. And, this doesn't even address the fact that Ukraine isn't even a NATO country but we are supposed to pay for their defense anyway so we are supposed to spend all the money, equipment and troops to defend countries that aren't even in NATO.

The whole NATO thing is ridiculous. All countries are supposed to pony up 2% of their GDP which, for the US, adds up to one hell of a lot more than any other country because our economy is so much larger. And that is to defend THEM, not us. And, several of those countries don't even pony up their 2%. Meanwhile, the US has a national debt of 34 trillion dollars.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not for disbanding NATO, but, they need to at least pony up their 2% if not more. And, this doesn't even address the fact that Ukraine isn't even a NATO country but we are supposed to pay for their defense anyway so we are supposed to spend all the money, equipment and troops to defend countries that aren't even in NATO.
Exactly. Trump is calling out the EU freeloaders.
The US spends about 4% and the month of August off "on holiday" bunch can't even pay 2%.
Trump needs to cut spending, and NATO is a good place to start.

Exactly. Trump is calling out the EU freeloaders.
The US spends about 4% and the month of August off "on holiday" bunch can't even pay 2%.
Trump needs to cut spending, and NATO is a good place to start.
We pay 4% because we also have obligations in the Middle East, East Asia and the Americas.

Europe only has to worry about Europe, so 2% or less is probably fine.

Forum List

Back