US Christians Grappling with America's Original Sin

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

When you understand how liberals think, you can then realize why they act the way they do.
Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity."
Man has never been perfect since Eve gave Adam the forbidden fruit. What liberals love to do, is try the "GOTCHA" moment in religion, because of what people did in the past. But all you have to do is remember who the liberals honor.

Opening page - Dedication
“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”
Which is why liberal have no integrity, no morals, no honor, and most of all, no common sense..

America's original sin??? The last I checked, slavery has gone on rampantly in the world since before there was actual civilization. And further, we weren't the last to abolish it. Far from it. Also, unlike other nations, not only did we acknowledge our involvement in it, we lost about 360,000 lives fighting to get rid of it. So, we've paid our dues on it. At least the Republican Party did.
Also, with regards to racism that still exists. I've been all over this planet and bigotry and racism still openly exists around it.
I don't think America's "original sin" means we were the first to have slavery. It just means that since this country was settled, founded, it depended on slavery. I don't think it is comparing it to other countries; this is about our history.

Faulkner said the South was eternally cursed for its use of slavery, that the South has been damned by God for its sin. He wasn't the first and he won't be the last.
Funny how in Africa, back in the day of slave trading to the Americas, black were killing the men, then selling off the women and children as slaves to who ever bought them. Today we still see slavery in Africa, but that doesnt count, because liberals can only point to our past and not what has been done since then. Liberals are a disease to the world, and must be cut out like a cancer. When all the cancer if finally removed the world can be a better place...

It just means that since this country was settled, founded, it depended on slavery.
Thats a lie

black slaves were never more than 10-15% of colonial America

they contributed, but were not essential to our success
Slavery was predominantly needed in the south because they needed more agricultural workers than the settlers could provide. Farming was big business. Slaves were essential. In 1790, 35% of Georgia's population was slaves. Virginia had almost 300,000. Maine and Massachusetts had none. So when you average the northern and southern colonies, it might be 10-15%, but the south was heavily reliant on slavery for its success, due to farming. Once the cotton gin was invented and cotton began being grown in earnest in the south, the demand for slaves grew even greater. Just prior to the Civil War, 43% of the Deep South's population were slaves. And let's not say cotton didn't make anyone successful but southern farmers. Tobacco, rice, sugar cane as well as cotton all made a whole lot of Americans rich.

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

US Christians were the ones that pushed abolition.

What is there to look at? Besides reminding everyone that the Democratic Party was the party of slavery back then, and still is today.

It was the south stupid and they are now called republicans.

Slavery was predominantly needed in the south because they needed more agricultural workers than the settlers could provide.
Not really. Slavery was profitable for some but not essential

just as working illegal aliens as slaves in agriculture today is the easy way out but far from the only possible way

What sin? Owning a darkie back then was like owning a cell phone today, everyone had one , it was the technology of the day

liberals can only point to our past and not what has been done since then.
Actually, the video OP put up was not talking about the past, but what Christians can do NOW. A good bit of that is listening and understanding the issues. Some of that is based on history, yes, but the OP's video is about now.
Slavery was predominantly needed in the south because they needed more agricultural workers than the settlers could provide.

just as working illegal aliens as slaves in agriculture today is the easy way out but far from the only possible way
I was responding to Mac's statistics. In some places in this country it was absolutely essential to their livelihood and way of life. Why do you think they fought a war to their own utter destruction over it?

I was responding to Mac's statistics. In some places in this country it was absolutely essential to their livelihood and way of life. Why do you think they fought a war to their own utter destruction over it?
You inadvertently confirmed what I am saying

there were no slaves in Maine or Mass yet those colonies survived and thrived

black slaves contributed but were not essential to the success of America

You inadvertently confirmed what I am saying

there were no slaves in Maine or Mass yet those colonies survived and thrived

black slaves contributed but were not essential to the success of America
Okay Mac. I made my point, you made yours. We're off topic. I'm leaving it there.

What sin? Owning a darkie back then was like owning a cell phone today, everyone had one , it was the technology of the day

AB4F7CCC-647F-457D-9402-164FB8FCB08C.jpeg
70097749-873C-4EEB-8E8B-68692AE5A01E.jpeg

US Christians were the ones that pushed abolition.

What is there to look at? Besides reminding everyone that the Democratic Party was the party of slavery back then, and still is today.

Not southern christians. Those “democrats” under the leadership of Robert e lee sent their sons to die for the right to own slaves. And 99% of the people back then went to church.

And those southerners even pointed to passages in the good book that justified owning slaves.

With all of that stuff.....there are rules to follow. Rules on personal behaviors. We do not have that today. People act out like they want and then need the government to bail them. We got a corrupted government who pushes people to act out like they want calling that freedom and pursuit of happiness. All the while the taxpayer footing it as a citizen that does business or from his wages to the state. And we have a lot of unhappy people. Temptation is easy for us all. This sight really needs a few real religious people that are deeply into the Bible phrases and scriptures. I am not that.

Actually, the video OP put up was not talking about the past, but what Christians can do NOW. A good bit of that is listening and understanding the issues. Some of that is based on history, yes, but the OP's video is about now.

Again, i state that the Rules for Radicals is a book of EVIL..Most Democrat follow that book. Are you EVIL?

Again, i state that the Rules for Radicals is a book of EVIL..Most Democrat follow that book. Are you EVIL?
Never heard of it. Are you DELUSIONAL?

Because I do things my own way.

if you want to win the war instead of making a point the best way is to acknowledge that these bad acts are exceptions and not the rule. That good cops need to police the bad cops before the little things turn into big things.
Who said anything about cops? And why not answer the other 2 questions?
Again, I do things my own way.

Why cops? Because that’s the issue people are protesting over.

I know people like to believe racism is the rule but that just isn’t the case.

As for slavery being America’s original sin, slavery in America was a British institution.

The founding fathers believed slavery was against the law of nature but knew not how to end it and found the nation but did intend for it to perish.

Never heard of it. Are you DELUSIONAL?
Notice how i just used your own rules against you, #13 where i have now put you on the defensive? When Conservatives make you live up to your own book, how does it feel? Not very good is it. Maybe you should start reading how fucking EVIL your side really is....

As for slavery being America’s original sin, slavery in America was a British institution.

The founding fathers believed slavery was against the law of nature but knew not how to end it and found the nation but did intend for it to perish.
When the founding fathers wanted to leave the tyranny of the King of England, they had to work together to over come the odds of fighting such a mighty army for its time. But the Northern states wanted everyone to be free, while the southern states didnt, because as we all know, Southern White Democrats and some Free Blacks didnt want to let go of their black slaves. So the colonies waited until the forces of the 13 colonies worked together and won against that King. Then came the civil rights act following the revolutionary war, but those damn Democrats would never let such savages free. Maybe they had a point..

rules for radicals

The Rules

"Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have. Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. 'Have-Nots' must build power from flesh and blood."
"Never go outside the expertise of your people."
"Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
"Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions."
"A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
"A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
"Keep the pressure on."
"The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist."
"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
"If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside. Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog."
"The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions."

sounds like the same rules conservatives use.....

Forum List

Back