Unusual event at the Israeli-Syrian border

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
About an hour ago, Iron Dome was activated following mortar shells launched on the Israeli town of Alonei HaBshan, near the Syrian border. Expolosive sounds heard as IDF retaliates.

IDF attacks Syrian vehicles near Al-Quneitra passage minutes ago.
Sha'am Syrian media channel: Al-Quneitra: IDF fired on Syrian military vehicles near border after artillery shells fell on Israeli Golan.
צה"ל תוקף מכוניות של צבא סוריה ליד מעבר קונייטרה
בדקות האחרונות
רשת החדשות שאם הסורית: קונייטרה: צה"ל תוקף מכוניות של צבא סוריה ליד מעבר הגבול בקונייטרה ליד גדר הגבול לאחר נפילת פגז תותח של צבא סוריה בתוך שטח הגולן הישראלי
#‏شام‬ ‫#‏سوريا‬ | ‫#‏القنيطرة‬ : الجيش الإسرائيلي يستهدف آليات لقوات النظام عند معبر القنيطرة قرب الشريط الحدودي بعد سقوط قذيفة من مدفعية نظام الأسد داخل الجولان المحتل

Riab Syrian media: IDF destroyed two Syrian tanks near Al-Quneitra passage
ריאב ניוז הסורית : צה"ל השמיד 2 טנקים סורים ליד מעבר הגבול בקונייטרה
الجيش الاسرائيلي يدمر دبابتين للنظام السوري في معبر القنيطرة

Blast heard minutes ago in Latakia. Background of said explosion unclear
פיצוץ עז נשמע לפני כמה דקות במרחב העיר לטקיה.עדיין לא ברור מה הרקע

Syrian news agency: IDF destroyed 2 Syrian tanks near border with Anto-tank heat guided missiles. Syrian tanks were in position near border.
סוכנות ידיעות סוריה - צה"ל השמיד 2 טנקים סורים ליד מעבר קונייטרה בטילי נ"ט מתבייתי חום. הטנקים הסורים היו בעמדותיהם ליד גדר הגבול
مباشر:#الجيش_الاسرائيلي يدمر بصواريخ حرارية دبابتين لقوات النظام على الشريط الحدودي مع الجولان بريف

Source: Rotter.net

I'll bet this is not the Syrian regime, or if it was, it was an accident. They have their hands so full right now, why would they elect their weakest moment to pick a fight with Israel? Either it is the rebels trying to provoke an Israeli attack on the Syrian war machuinery, or it is something even more interesting, such as an Israeli or American sponsored pretext to go into Syria. But it is surely not the Assad regime unless an accident.

I'll bet this is not the Syrian regime, or if it was, it was an accident. They have their hands so full right now, why would they elect their weakest moment to pick a fight with Israel? Either it is the rebels trying to provoke an Israeli attack on the Syrian war machuinery, or it is something even more interesting, such as an Israeli or American sponsored pretext to go into Syria. But it is surely not the Assad regime unless an accident.

The IDF recognized the attack coming from Syrian vehicles, the IDF responded. For all Israel cares, it was the regime.

The IDF recognized the attack coming from Syrian vehicles, the IDF responded. For all Israel cares, it was the regime.

There's some real critical thinking, guaranteed to help settle tensions in the region.

"or it is something even more interesting, such as an Israeli or American sponsored pretext to go into Syria"

are you high?:cuckoo:

What is Israel's interest with drowning itself in the Syrian mud? What is the American interest? Obama proved its the last thing it wants.

Did you put yourself as that bloodthirsty regime's defender? I have trouble figuring you out.

Next you're going to tell me that Israel launches Quassam rockets on itself from Gaza:cuckoo::cuckoo:

There's some real critical thinking, guaranteed to help settle tensions in the region.

Israel sees military vehicles and sees the obvious conclusion. Fact that Syria is splitted is not Israel's concern. Its concern is nothing more and nothing less than protecting its own civilians.

No, honey, Israel does do things like that. In fact, EVERY nation does things like that.
In this case I would not say it was necessarily a bad thing, actually. Note, I am not "accusing" Israel, just speculating, and bet it turns out to be one of the above. Of course we may never know. More likely it is the rebel forces, and of course they could easily launch an attack from a Syrian post, Syrian vehicles, etc.

Last edited:
No, honey, they do things like that. In this case I would not say it was necessarily a bad thing, actually. Note, I am not "accusing" Israel, just speculating, and bet it turns out to be one of the above. Of course we may never know.

So in other words, you have no proof of what you're saying, but since you dislike Israel so much you just make things up as you go.

Cartoons are more credible than your theories.

Israel sees military vehicles and sees the obvious conclusion. Fact that Syria is splitted is not Israel's concern. Its concern is nothing more and nothing less than protecting its own civilians.

I think Amity made a pretty good point as to the folly of an Assad ordered attack. Despite what you and others here think, I'm not on anyone's side. Honestly, if Israel thinks they are so bad they can decimate all their enemies and live to tell the tale, go for it. Have it out once and for all. If that is not in the cards, try thinking beyond the obvious.

Of course I have no proof, it just happened. But as I said, I am not trashing Israel over it. I think if the Assad regime finally goes away and the civil war ends, I would be feeling pretty grateful, actually.

I think Amity made a pretty good point as to the folly of an Assad ordered attack. Despite what you and others here think, I'm not on anyone's side. Honestly, if Israel thinks they are so bad they can decimate all their enemies and live to tell the tale, go for it. Have it out once and for all. If that is not in the cards, try thinking beyond the obvious.

Israel is filled with Arab-loving left winger traitors, so sadly, it cannot do many times what is needed.

There are people who think that if the Jews crawl down to becomes slaves to the Arabs, it will makes things better.

Most of the Jews disagree.

Of course I have no proof, it just happened. But as I said, I am not trashing Israel over it. I think if the Assad regime finally goes away and the civil war ends, I would be feeling pretty grateful, actually.

"But as I said, I am not trashing Israel over it"

Only that, you just did. Reminds me of the bozos who tried to defend the terror attack in the Jewish museum by saying the Israeli family was targeted by the Mossad:cuckoo:

Theories should at least have some logic in them. Israel has nothing to look for in Syria; Israel does its best to help Syrian civilians in Israeli hospitals, but other than that, it wins most of the times, when seeing its enemies in Syria killing each other. Each military man killed in Syria is another IDF soldier who won't have to die. Each Al-quaeda rebel killed in Syria is another Jew in Europe saved from a potential Jihadist.

For all Israel cares, this situation is almost euphoric. The only bad side is the children and blameless being butcherd. To them Israel helps in Israeli hospitals.

There is no reason or motive for Israel to want to sink in the Syrian dump. Let the enemies kill one another, Israel shouldn't be involved in any way.

I know Lip and the rest of the ZioNuts discount my contention, that Israel is in a long term war of attrition with all Islamic countries...this sixty eight year festering wound has given Jihadism favor with the people...One thing unites them, their disdain for the Israeli occupiers...

Jihadism is growing, if Israel does not make an acceptable peace with the Arab League...she will be slowly smothered.

Last edited:
How am I trashing Israel? I am just saying that they may be behind this incident themselves. Even Israel does good things once in awhile! But I do feel it much more likely that it is someone possibly in the act of defecting from the regime to the rebels.

But seriously, the only thing that makes me truly happy about it is that if Israel wades into the fray it will most likely tip the balance and mean the end of the Assad regime. But it also means more death, so not to be taken lightly at all.

I now Lip and the rest of the ZioNuts discount my contention, that Israel is in a long term war of attrition with all Islamic countries...this sixty eight year festering wound has given Jihadism favor with the people...One thing unites them, their disdain for the Israeli occupiers...

Jihadism is growing, if Israel does not make an acceptable peace with the Arab League...she will be slowly smothered.

That's what they said in 1948. and 1956. and 1967. and 1973. and 1982, and 1992, and 2005, and 2006, and 2008 and 2012...and I could go on and on and name many of Israel's wars....But you get the point.

All agree that a solution is needed. We don't agree that expelling Jews is the proper one.

Jihad is at rise, and you better stop lying to yourselves saying it's all about Israel. It's about anyone who's not in their little crazy cult.

I now Lip and the rest of the ZioNuts discount my contention, that Israel is in a long term war of attrition with all Islamic countries...this sixty eight year festering wound has given Jihadism favor with the people...One thing unites them, their disdain for the Israeli occupiers...

That's what they said in 1948. and 1956. and 1967. and 1973. and 1982, and 1992, and 2005, and 2006, and 2008 and 2012...and I could go on and on and name many of Israel's wars....But you get the point.

All agree that a solution is needed. We don't agree that expelling Jews is the proper one.

Jihad is at rise, and you better stop lying to yourselves saying it's all about Israel. It's about anyone who's not in their little crazy cult.

It won't be over until the U.S. stops supporting Israel to the degree it does. But who said anything about epelling Jews? and how is that related to this thread?

How am I trashing Israel? I am just saying that they may be behind this incident themselves

Well, that's your answer. It began with mortar shells on Israeli town, so unless you say Israel fired on its on citizens, this statement makes no sense. And that's pretty much what you said. so it considered trashing. more than that, actually.

Even Israel does good things once in awhile!.

Even Israel? Nooooo. Really?? damn, I'm shocked:doubt:

But I do feel it much more likely that it is someone possibly in the act of defecting from the regime to the rebels.

You would, if it fits your opinion, instead of possibly reading the facts as they are. But never mind, you say things I've heard many times before, not surprising. So I'll leave it for now.

But seriously, the only thing that makes me truly happy about it is that if Israel wades into the fray it will most likely tip the balance and mean the end of the Assad regime.

Israel is not the ******* cleaning lady of the MidEast.

But it also means more death, so not to be taken lightly at all.

Unless oil is involved, the west doesn't care about people dying. That's the clearest fact. Only today it was released that more chemical attacks on Children in Hamah took place days ago. No one said anything because it'd "embarrass" the western states reaching an agreement with the Syrian regime. So care about people dying? That's the saddest joke EVER

It won't be over until the U.S. stops supporting Israel to the degree it does. But who said anything about epelling Jews? and how is that related to this thread?

They want to destroy the settlements as the proper solution to the Israeli-Palestinan conflict. That means the expulsion of 300,000 Jews. I asked how it helped Israel in any way but people didn't give a proper answer, yet.

I wonder why that is.

Oh, now I see what you're upset about. Yes, Israel has been known to fire on its own citizens.

But like I said, all countries have done similar things on occasion. It is now all but certain that the U.S. sank the Maine in order to have a pretext to enter the Spanish-American war. This is a perfect illustration of why we have to maintain an index of suspicion about current events and what's published in newspapers.

Last edited:
Oh, now I see what you're upset about. Yes, Israel has been known to fire on its own citizens

Such a statement should be backed up, don't you think? are you making up things again?:doubt:

But like I said, all countries have done similar things on occasion. It is now all but certain that the U.S. sank the Maine in order to have a pretext to enter the Spanish-American war. This is a perfect illustration of why we have to maintain an index of suspicion about current events and what's published in newspapers.

That's all nice and all, but you still didn't prove anything by that statement.

Forum List

Back