Unusual event at the Israeli-Syrian border

I'll try, even though I think we are chasing down a rabbit trail just like the "Jewish Nazis" thing. But give me a week or so. I am getting kind of swamped.

And about the settlers, the world warned Israel when it decided to settle people on the West Bank in contravention of international law, that the day would come those settlers would have to leave. They elected to do so anyway.

Last edited:
I'll try, even though I think we are chasing down a rabbit trail just like the "Jewish Nazis" thing. But give me a week or so. I am getting kind of swamped.

I''l hold you to that statement. Because it's quite out there and even a bit insulting, personally.

And about the settlers, the world warned Israel when it decided to settle people on the West Bank in contravention of international law, that the day would come those settlers would have to leave. They elected to do so anyway.

Based on what? They complain about ethnic cleasing but think it's acceptable to do that to 300,000 civilians because they're Jews? how is that ok?

Unless oil is involved, the west doesn't care about people dying. That's the clearest fact. Only today it was released that more chemical attacks on Children in Hamah took place days ago. No one said anything because it'd "embarrass" the western states reaching an agreement with the Syrian regime. So care about people dying? That's the saddest joke EVER

Can you give me a source to read up on these chemical attacks please?

Unless oil is involved, the west doesn't care about people dying. That's the clearest fact. Only today it was released that more chemical attacks on Children in Hamah took place days ago. No one said anything because it'd "embarrass" the western states reaching an agreement with the Syrian regime. So care about people dying? That's the saddest joke EVER

Can you give me a source to read up on these chemical attacks please?

On it.

My purpose here is not to congratulate Israel, a regime whose end I actively seek! But Israelis themselves have done some great things. I live in a water challenged part of the country myself, and the BEST strategies for drought-tolerant plantings, etc. have come from Israel. Medical developments, development and sponsorship of orphaned drugs, I think the internet was developed in Israel? Could be wrong about that. But yes, Israelis are nice people and are doing some good things. I like them (for the most part). I just wish they weren't supporting Israel!

My purpose here is not to congratulate Israel, a regime whose end I actively seek! But Israelis themselves have done some great things. I live in a water challenged part of the country myself, and the BEST strategies for drought-tolerant plantings, etc. have come from Israel. Medical developments, development and sponsorship of orphaned drugs, I think the internet was developed in Israel? Could be wrong about that. But yes, Israelis are nice people and are doing some good things. I like them (for the most part). I just wish they weren't supporting Israel!

Why shouldn't Israelis support Israel? Don't you want Americans to support America?

An Israeli who doesn't support his or her state are to be despised and excommunicated

Iron Dome launches for first time on Syrian border

Mortars fired from Syria land in Golan Heights, causing no injuries or damage; unconfirmed reports say Israel strikes back at Syrian tanks

BY TIMES OF ISRAEL STAFF June 5, 2014, 12:52 am 0

An Iron Dome missile-defense system. (photo credit: Flash90)

The Iron Dome missile defense system attempted its first interception on the northern front Wednesday in a bid to down a mortar launched into the Golan Heights from Syria. No interception was confirmed.

Two mortars fired from Syria fell into the Israeli-controlled area of the Golan Heights on Wednesday night. No damage or injuries were inflicted by any of the inbound missiles, the IDF spokesperson reported.

The IDF confirmed the stray mortar fire from Syria, saying it was likely inadvertent.

Defense sources told Ynet, however, that the mortars may have been celebratory fire by government forces following the announcement of incumbent Syrian President Basher Assad’s landslide victory in the presidential elections.

Wildfires broke out in several areas of the Golan Heights near Alonei Habashan, likely as a result of the mortar fire, and firefighters worked to extinguish the flames.

Unconfirmed Syrian rebel reports indicated that Israeli military positions fired on and destroyed two Syrian tanks in response to the mortar fire.

Iron Dome launches for first time on Syrian border | The Times of Israel

The IDF recognized the attack coming from Syrian vehicles, the IDF responded. For all Israel cares, it was the regime.

I now Lip and the rest of the ZioNuts discount my contention, that Israel is in a long term war of attrition with all Islamic countries...this sixty eight year festering wound has given Jihadism favor with the people...One thing unites them, their disdain for the Israeli occupiers...

Jihadism is growing, if Israel does not make an acceptable peace with the Arab League...she will be slowly smothered.

That's what they said in 1948. and 1956. and 1967. and 1973. and 1982, and 1992, and 2005, and 2006, and 2008 and 2012...and I could go on and on and name many of Israel's wars....But you get the point.

All agree that a solution is needed. We don't agree that expelling Jews is the proper one.

Jihad is at rise, and you better stop lying to yourselves saying it's all about Israel. It's about anyone who's not in their little crazy cult.

I find his post amusing. Ask any Pro Palestinian what a " acceptible Peace" is and there will be no response :D

Is the Arab Peace Plan Really About Peace? « Commentary Magazine

Is the Arab Peace Plan Really About Peace?
Jonathan S. Tobin | @tobincommentary
05.01.2013 - 12:00 PM

Secretary of State John Kerry hailed the idea of reviving the 2002 Arab Peace Initiative put forward yesterday in Washington by a delegation from the Arab League. Kerry, who reportedly is hoping to host a multi-party peace conference this spring, was pleased that Qatar’s foreign minister had suggested that the proposal might be modified from its original take-it-or-leave-it demand that Israel return to the 1967 lines to one that allowed for a mutually-agreed “minor swap of land” that would modify the border.

This is progress of a sort, and should not be entirely dismissed. But before those advocating for more Israeli concessions in response to the proposal get too excited, it’s important to remember why this initiative flopped the first time around: it’s not really a peace proposal.

While the Arab Peace Initiative continues to be cited by Israel’s critics as proof that the Jewish state really does have partners, this idea has always been more about polishing the image of the Arab world in the United States than anything else. Conceived in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks when the Arab states, and in particular Saudi Arabia, were viewed with disgust by most Americans, the initiative was part of an effort to rehabilitate their image. But despite the fact that New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman (who claimed it stemmed from a conversation he had with Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah) and others in the foreign policy community promoted the idea, it fizzled. Why? Because it was not an invitation to negotiate, but a diktat. Even worse, it contained a vital poison pill: the return of Palestinian refugees to Israel that would, in effect, mean the end of the Jewish state, not peace with it.

I now Lip and the rest of the ZioNuts discount my contention, that Israel is in a long term war of attrition with all Islamic countries...this sixty eight year festering wound has given Jihadism favor with the people...One thing unites them, their disdain for the Israeli occupiers...

Forgot this; His comment that the Jews have been" occupying "for 68 years when the Country was founded. Nothing to do with " borders" or the 67 War.

Which is EXACTLY why this won't happen

Last edited by a moderator:

Why shouldn't Israelis support Israel? Don't you want Americans to support America?

An Israeli who doesn't support his or her state are to be despised and excommunicated

The Internet was developed by the U.S. Department of Defense and was originally called ARPANET. The World Wide Web was developed at the Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire (CERN), a European research center.

Thanks! But nonetheless I will say that good has come out of Israel. I checked and it was the cell phone that was developed in Israel. But I also should make the point that if ANY nation had the infusion of aid coming in that Israel gets from the U.S. they could grow rutabagas on the moon.

But I do want Israelis to stop supporting their government. I think the 11 million victims of the Holocaust would still be alive if Germans of good conscience said "heck, no, you are absolutely NOT going to do that." So many Israelis do know the truth and admit that they know the truth that I think it is incumbent upon them to denounce their government and change it. Zionism is one of the truly terrible ideas of all time. But what I will settle for is if they stop allowing the hawks to hold sway. Yes, the settlements have got to go, and we have to have a two state solution for the time being.

Last edited:
Thanks! But nonetheless I will say that good has come out of Israel. I checked and it was the cell phone that was developed in Israel. But I also should make the point that if ANY nation had the infusion of aid coming in that Israel gets from the U.S. they could grow rutabagas on the moon.

But I do want Israelis to stop supporting their government. I think the 11 million victims of the Holocaust would still be alive if Germans of good conscience said "heck, no, you are absolutely NOT going to do that." So many Israelis do know the truth and admit that they know the truth that I think it is incumbent upon them to denounce their government and change it. Zionism is one of the truly terrible ideas of all time. But what I will settle for is if they stop allowing the hawks to hold sway. Yes, the settlements have got to go, and we have to have a two state solution for the time being.

In an ideal world, 99% of the Israelis would support the govenment becaue unlike everywhere else in the MiddleEast, Israel is the true democracy in which the govenment is really the VOICE of the people. People VOTE to whom they believe speaks for them, so obviously the regime is what the people want and support.

Comparing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to Nazi Germany is rediculous at least, but mostly mocks the memory of Holocaust Victims. My grandmother was hated for being Jewish alone, She never blew up a bus, stabbed a baby in his sleep or launched rockets on civilians. So the comparison is disgusting.

"Zionism is one of the terrible ideas of all times", only Anti-Semites will say this, because the core of Zionism is accepting the idea of Jews living in Israel as the way of salvation. Only those who hate Jews will think of Zionism as itself as something bad.

Are you an Antisemite, Mr. Amity? I shouldn't be surprised, then.

The settlements will stay, because Judea is the home of the Jews. Of Judea the Jews dremt for 2000 years. and that's the only justified solution. 100 times Jews will be expelled, 200 they will go back.

You're terribly one sided, therefor I doubt any argument will be reasonable to begin with.

If boycotts and slander is all you're aiming with, which is what you said earlier, what's the point in discussing anything anyway?

Forum List

Back