Jews Again Banned from Temple Mount by Police

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Hundreds of Jews who attempted to ascend the Temple Mount Wednesday morning were shocked to discover that they were barred entry onto the holy site. The ban came after Muslim groups demanded that Jews stay off the site, and despite a promise by police that Jews would be allowed to enter it.

Tens of thousands of Jews visited the Kotel (Western Wall) Tuesday night and Wednesday, celebrating the holiday of Shavuot. Among the customs of the holiday is an all-night Torah learning session, topped by morning prayers that began at dawn. Shavuot is also one of the three festivals in which Jews are bidden to “appear before G-d,” visiting the Holy Temple – which is on the Temple Mount. In commemoration of this commandment, many Jews ascend the Mount on the Passover, Sukkot, and Shavuot.

Jews attempting to enter the site on Wednesday morning witnessed dozens of armed Arabs who were apparently waiting for the gates to open, planning to being a riot. Police did not intervene to remove the group which appeared to be preparing for a riot, but instead kept Jews off the site. Activists said that this was at least the fifth festival in row in which Jews were banned from the Mount.

Jews Again Banned from Temple Mount by Police - Inside Israel - News - Arutz Sheva

:mad:

Best thing for now... I mean unless you just like bloodshed. I was there but never went to temple mount. Just respected the rules. I do fear that within 50 years "something" will bring the Mosque of Omar conveniently crashing down.

And actually it is Jewish religious rules that keep Jews off temple mount.

Last edited:
Best thing for now... I mean unless you just like bloodshed. I was there but never went to temple mount. Just respected the rules. I do fear that within 50 years "something" will bring the Mosque of Omar conveniently crashing down.

And actually it is Jewish religious rules that keep Jews off temple mount.

best thing for now is if the temple is used as a temple.

you really don't have a clue what you're talking about

The Temple was destroyed. There are a couple of mosques there now. So the most appropriate use of a mosque is by Muslims. I think it has been more Irael keeping Jews off there anyway. It is a religious ruling.

The Temple was destroyed. There are a couple of mosques there now. So the most appropriate use of a mosque is by Muslims. I think it has been more Irael keeping Jews off there anyway. It is a religious ruling.

The Muslims tend to wish and build mosque on ruins of other religions as a sign of victory. They trash and ruin places of others and then build a mosque on top. Like they wished to do on Ground Zero.

The Temple Mount is the place were Jews have more than a right to pray in, but the Muslims try and bully them out. Jews are not allowed any freedom of religion there, because of the Muslims.

Apparantly, freedom of religion is only when one side is concerned.

The Muslims tend to wish and build mosque on ruins of other religions as a sign of victory. They trash and ruin places of others and then build a mosque on top. Like they wished to do on Ground Zero.

The Temple Mount is the place were Jews have more than a right to pray in, but the Muslims try and bully them out. Jews are not allowed any freedom of religion there, because of the Muslims.

Apparantly, freedom of religion is only when one side is concerned.

When I was in Jerusalem I got a rare invite to go up to the temple mount, which I declined, tysm. AT THAT TIME it was Israeli policy to not allow Jews on the temple mount due to a reading by the chief rabbi (I guess) that said without the necessary purification rituals to set foot on holy ground, which are not possible in the absence of the fully-functioning temple grounds, going up to the temple grounds just pollutes holy ground. So at that time it was more of a Jewish restriction than a Muslim restriction. Don't know about that now. But I think it would just be prudent not to antagonize the situation by going up there. Hate to see heck break out over something simple like that, more people die.

Let's leave it and just realize that not everyone can realize their every dream. Some people can't even realize ANY of their dreams. Now, like I am asking, please become part of the solution.

Last edited:
Nonsense! The Israeli police and military don't close the Temple Mount's gates based on the word of Rabbis, no matter who they are. The Police and Military instructions are the laws of the state, nothing more, nothing less. If they closed the Mount for the Jews, it was because they feared for their lives. And the only reason for THAT is because of Muslim riots.

!ה' הוא המלך

Police, unlike yesterday, allows Jews for Isru Shavuot to visit and rise to the Temple mount, holding Muslims back, potential rioters taken from the place:

10385385_687453291302228_2944960303039106503_n.jpg

10371970_10204054037501129_4430629073128777062_n.jpg

Forum List

Back