Universal Basic Income: Biden's Best Bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have already been proposals along these lines from Democrats like Kamala Harris.

Personally I think they are a great idea. This is America, the richest, best country in the world. We should have no one living in poverty here.

Besides, it worked out really well in North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, etc.

Society in general does better when there is no incentive to innovate or improve.

1605975703196.png

Hey, our elections are just like those in Venezuela, why not have us eating zoo animals to survive as well?

Xi has a plan for us.

Promoting the general welfare means we should actually solve for simple poverty not just waste money on an endless and alleged, War on Poverty.
According to ignorant buffoons online. No educated adult thinks general welfare will solve poverty.
lol. Projecting much? Our welfare clause is General and must cover any given contingency in a general, top down manner.

Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed generates tax revenue.

Hey, that's brilliant addict.

So you send me your welfare check each month, and I'll send 10% back - that way you'll have a guaranteed income. Think of it as me giving you tax revenue, you'll get something for nothing, which is what you're always looking for.

There have already been proposals along these lines from Democrats like Kamala Harris.

Personally I think they are a great idea. This is America, the richest, best country in the world. We should have no one living in poverty here.

Besides, it worked out really well in North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, etc.

Society in general does better when there is no incentive to innovate or improve.

View attachment 419403

Hey, our elections are just like those in Venezuela, why not have us eating zoo animals to survive as well?

Xi has a plan for us.
Right wingers are simply freeloading bigots with no better solutions at lower cost. Thou dost protest too much, are you a protestant?

Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed generates tax revenue.

Hey, that's brilliant addict.

So you send me your welfare check each month, and I'll send 10% back - that way you'll have a guaranteed income. Think of it as me giving you tax revenue, you'll get something for nothing, which is what you're always looking for.

Too bad pot is not that addictive or I could be as useless as right wingers.

I would rather learn to invest in the stock market and eventually earn more than UC and stop collecting it. The left understands we have a welfare clause General that requires a general solution from the top, down for any given contingency.

Right wingers are simply freeloading bigots with no better solutions at lower cost. Thou dost protest too much, are you a protestant?

Yep, that's it. Those who get up, go to work each day and produce the goods and services the nation depend on are freeloaders.

You're the real hero, sitting in your moms basement in your underwear smoking dope and playing XBox all day while collecting welfare...

I would rather learn to invest in the stock market and eventually earn more than UC and stop collecting it.
So your plan is to use your welfare to invest in stocks and become self sufficient?
You're the epitome of a naive child.

Last edited:

Yep, that's it. Those who get up, go to work each day and produce the goods and services the nation depend on are freeloaders.

You're the real hero, sitting in your moms basement in your underwear smoking dope and playing XBox all day while collecting welfare...
Or learning how to play the stock market or go to school for as long as I want. Opportunity choices, what a concept.

I would rather learn to invest in the stock market and eventually earn more than UC and stop collecting it.
So your plan is to use your welfare to invest in stocks and become self sufficient?
Unemployment compensation is not welfare but a comprehensive insurance program that should actually solve for something, like simple poverty not nothing on a for-profit basis as right wingers would prefer.

Unemployment compensation is not welfare but a comprehensive insurance program that should actually solve for something, like simple poverty not nothing on a for-profit basis as right wingers would prefer.
Why should an insurance policy that covers temporary expenses associated with job loss attempt to solve poverty? That's not what it was designed for.

Or learning how to play the stock market or go to school for as long as I want. Opportunity choices, what a concept.
Society doesn't owe you a wage while you pussyfoot around trying to figure out an easy way to earn a living.
Why do you believe that? Solving simple poverty promotes and could provide for the general welfare.

That's the first semi-intelligent thing you've said, then you followed it up with another bit of nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back