Universal background checks... really?

Progressives want Background checks on all private sales. Why? Who pays for that? Paying for an right?
That is definitely unconstitutional and absolutely ridiculous.

Any type of waiting period on an right? I don’t think so, definitely unconstitutional and absolutely ridiculous.
No one should have to wait more than seconds to purchase their firearms.

Obviously universal background checks I have nothing to do with firearms… Like always... it’s always been about control.
The fucking spineless gun grabbers can pound sand... lol
No, you're right. Background checks won't do the trick. Ban and confiscate assault rifles and mags over 10 rounds. Insist on safety courses and licensing, including a clean mental health evaluation, every five years, for any gun. Clean up the NICS data base so it actually contains the information needed to make an informed decision on a potential buyer's appropriateness for a gun.
Americans are stupid mental cases.
No law, no single provision of a regulation will ever, and has never stopped criminal actions. Speed limits have not eradicated high speed highway accidents. No building codes have ever ended building fires.

But who would argue that speed limits have substantially reduced high speed airomobile accidents? Who would argue that building codes have been totally ineffective in making construction standards higher and therefore safer?

The Gun Culture is retrenching so deeply in the canard that massively popular, common sense gun safety regulations inevitably result in gun confiscation. The 'slippery slope' doctrine.

Those who successfully introduced Prohibition used the same intractable political tact. The most obstinate politics in 20th century American politics. But when faced with overwhelming popular opposition, they held fast until they were utterly smashed. A few compromises would most certainly saved the Prohibition movement.
I followed you 'til the last paragraph. I thought Prohibition won? For a time, anyway. Be a little more clear. I'm interested. I think the gun lovers are shooting themselves in the proverbial foot by refusing to give an inch.

Miles have already been given, no more inches are available.

You got the assault weapons ban repealed. What 'miles have been given'?

This is a proposal supported by 87% of Americans. You remember democracy, don't you?

Progressives want Background checks on all private sales. Why? Who pays for that? Paying for an right?

Any type of waiting period on an right? I don’t think so, definitely unconstitutional and absolutely ridiculous.

Obviously universal background checks I have nothing to do with firearms… Like always... it’s always been about control.
No, you're right. Background checks won't do the trick. Ban and confiscate assault rifles and mags over 10 rounds. Insist on safety courses and licensing, including a clean mental health evaluation, every five years, for any gun. Clean up the NICS data base so it actually contains the information needed to make an informed decision on a potential buyer's appropriateness for a gun.
No law, no single provision of a regulation will ever, and has never stopped criminal actions. Speed limits have not eradicated high speed highway accidents. No building codes have ever ended building fires.

But who would argue that speed limits have substantially reduced high speed airomobile accidents? Who would argue that building codes have been totally ineffective in making construction standards higher and therefore safer?

The Gun Culture is retrenching so deeply in the canard that massively popular, common sense gun safety regulations inevitably result in gun confiscation. The 'slippery slope' doctrine.

Those who successfully introduced Prohibition used the same intractable political tact. The most obstinate politics in 20th century American politics. But when faced with overwhelming popular opposition, they held fast until they were utterly smashed. A few compromises would most certainly saved the Prohibition movement.
I followed you 'til the last paragraph. I thought Prohibition won? For a time, anyway. Be a little more clear. I'm interested. I think the gun lovers are shooting themselves in the proverbial foot by refusing to give an inch.
Lol
Lowlifes like yourself will never stop until an all out Firearm confiscation is reached, And the total repeal of the Second Amendment. Progressives like yourself cannot be trusted

You keep saying that same thing over and over. Yet no one seems to be saying that we need to be confiscating ALL firearms. That means you are still trying to instill fear and hate. Well, fruitcake, you get another award.

upload_2019-9-2_19-23-41.jpeg

Every developed nation has people withmental health problems, violent video games and movies, depressed kids.

Only the US has the 2nd Amendment and a PAC dedicated to eliminating any restrictions on buying firearms.

So we have weekly mass shootings
Lol
So, Blame these guys not the firearms...

67893608_3090728487635565_6420598103153311744_o.jpg

If they couldn’t easily access firearms, most of their victims would still be alive.

I always have my weapons loaded and accessible.

They are useless unloaded and locked away...
You sleep with them don’t ya?

I have lived in the upper Ohio River valley for fifty years. Hunting is to this part of the country as skiing is to Vail, Colorado. And each and every election season features ads from the NRA and other pro-gun groups telling us that voting for Democrats means gun confiscation tomorrow.

And yet every year Democrats manage to get elected as senators and congressmen and presidents. Where's the confiscation? You can ply your trade as it were, without treating your customers as impressionable children.

This is an adult problem. Check your fear mongering at the door.

Every developed nation has people withmental health problems, violent video games and movies, depressed kids.

Only the US has the 2nd Amendment and a PAC dedicated to eliminating any restrictions on buying firearms.

Lol

If they couldn’t easily access firearms, most of their victims would still be alive.

No.

A gun never sleeps.

Lol

No.

A gun never sleeps.

Mine is sleep soundly. Sshhh, let's not wake it up.

Lol

No.

A gun never sleeps.

You never know when a bogey is going to appear.

No.

A gun never sleeps.

Got a pretty good idea the boogey man isn't visiting my home any time soon. But just in case, let's do the two things that pretty well scares him off, lock the doors and leave the outside lights on.

No.

A gun never sleeps.

Got a pretty good idea the boogey man isn't visiting my home any time soon. But just in case, let's do the two things that pretty well scares him off, lock the doors and leave the outside lights on.

I didn't say boogey man. There's no such thing.

This is a proposal supported by 87% of Americans. You remember democracy, don't you?
lol
Not when people read the fine print to your stupidity

Lol
Lowlifes like yourself will never stop until an all out Firearm confiscation is reached, And the total repeal of the Second Amendment. Progressives like yourself cannot be trusted

You keep saying that same thing over and over. Yet no one seems to be saying that we need to be confiscating ALL firearms. That means you are still trying to instill fear and hate. Well, fruitcake, you get another award.

View attachment 277232
Lol
Slippery slope Butthead

I have lived in the upper Ohio River valley for fifty years. Hunting is to this part of the country as skiing is to Vail, Colorado. And each and every election season features ads from the NRA and other pro-gun groups telling us that voting for Democrats means gun confiscation tomorrow.

And yet every year Democrats manage to get elected as senators and congressmen and presidents. Where's the confiscation? You can ply your trade as it were, without treating your customers as impressionable children.

This is an adult problem. Check your fear mongering at the door.
Progressives cannot be trusted, because they are inherently evil

No.

A gun never sleeps.

its-because-im-black-isnt-it-endo-gun-blog-black-3088197.png

The ban was passed with a sunset clause, it expired, it wasn't repealed. And if you have to ask that ignorant assed question you have no knowledge of firearms history in the US.

And what you need to remember is democracy ends at the State line and 87% only know what the lying MSM tell them. When the issue is explained, any reasonable person would never support your crap.

Lol

You know nobody else will volunteer for that duty

That actually is totally untrue.
It is actually much easier to buy firearms in all other countries compared to the US, except maybe Japan.
The US has over 10,000 firearms laws, and most are complex federal laws, like it being illegal to even drive by a school with a firearm in the trunk of your car.
In other countries you may have to register or license, but that is much less complex than the finger printing and background check you have to do in the US.
All you have to do in the UK, France, Germany, etc., is to join a club and you then are guaranteed approval.
In places like Switzerland and Israel, the government is giving out guns for free, and almost mandating people be armed.
That is the opposite of what I've read from almost every other source. Where are you getting this information? I'd be real interested in a link.

And how often is the generally perceived view wrong when the media wants it to be wrong, like Iraq having WMD?
The reality is that full auto firearms were banned in 1934 by the National Firearms Act, and the problem with that is it is illegal. Regardless of whether or not firearms are an individual right, there can be no doubt the 2nd amendment prohibited any and all federal jurisdiction. All things that can be done by the states, should be done by the states, and not federal level.
Then the 1968 and 1993 federal acts made firearms far more difficult than in most countries.
{...
The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits persons under eighteen years of age, convicted criminals, the mentally disabled, dishonorably discharged military personnel, and others from purchasing firearms. In 1993, the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act mandated background checks for all unlicensed persons purchasing a firearm from a federally authorized dealer.
...}
How do U.S. gun laws compare to other countries?
The only way to really get a feel for US gun laws is to peruse them yourself, or else you are just getting opinion.
Guns in the United States — Firearms, gun law and gun control
But the myths are widespread and false. For example, one is that guns are not tracked, and the reality is they are, just by dealers, not federal agents. Another is that it is easy to bypass background checks at gun shows or over the internet, and both of those are just lies. There has not be a gun show allowing sales without background checks for over 20 years, and all internet sales and shipments are only through licensed dealers. And the reality is that everyone would prefer to always do background checks, but the FBI won't let them. They ONLY allow licensed dealers conduct background checks, and licensed dealers charge $20 or more to conduct one.
But other countries are much easier than they pretend.
For example, in 1996 Australia claimed to ban all semi auto firearms, and that is not true.
They only had 15% compliance with a buy back, so that mean 85% of the now illegal firearms are still out there in Australia, and simply no one cares. It was all just for show. The violence went down without any real reduction in semi auto firearms.
To give you an example of the complexity of US gun law, here is a link to the Federal Firearms Act of 1968.
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/STATUTE-82/pdf/STATUTE-82-Pg1213-2.pdf
Each of the 24 pages is full of restrictions and limitations, most of which do not make any real sense.
In comparison, I have relatives in Europe, who tell me that gun ownership is trivial, and all they have to do is talk to the local police station, or join some sort of gun club.

The police interview you before you get a gun over there? Sounds like a good idea

If that were true, we would never have to worry about a liberal ever getting their hands on a gun again!

Lol

Na, not really
Firearms have no control over people shit for brains

Can’t shoot someone if you don’t have a gun fuck face.

Without getting into the childish name calling, you can be shot with an arrow, so you can shoot someone if you don't have a gun.

Gun Grabbers - "Take away the guns and society will be safer !!!!!!!"

Years later........Guns are gone, stabbing murder rate increases and eclipses previous gun murder rate......

Gun/Knife Grabbers - "Take away the knives and society will be safer !!!!!!"

Years later ........Knives are gone, vehicle homicide rate eclipses and exceeds gun and knife murder rates.....

This is a true story....it is playing out in real life today in the UK, France and Australia except that gun murders are also increasing

Pssssst.......(It's the Leftist POLICIES, Stupid !)

Forum List

Back