Phone App background check…the solution anti-gun extremists do not want.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The purpose of background checks at this point is to make it less likely that normal people will buy guns.

Criminals don’t go through background checks….they steal their guns or use straw buyers, people who can pass any background check……

The new demand for universal background checks is the anti-gunners trying to get gun registration…..so they have a list of gun owners when they get the power to ban guns.

Why am I right on those points?

Because with modern technology we could easily have a free, convenient, untraceable phone app that allows any gun owner to do a background check, anywhere, anytime, when they want to sell one of their privately owned guns…

There would not be any gun registration, and anyone can do it….

The fact that this would destroy any argument for gun registration is why anti-gunners hate this idea…..

The sole purpose of gun background checks for gun grabbers is to get to gun registration, and then they will use those lists to ban and confiscate guns as they get the power to ban and confiscate more and more categories of gun…..

As for background checks, the government should finally make the NICS system available as an app that anyone can access on their phones. It is ridiculous this still hasn’t been done in 2023.

I envision it working like this . . .

1. The individual buying a gun from you gives you a unique code.

2. You type it in and get an “all clear” and proceed with the sale.

3. This would be an optional system. However, using it before transferring a gunbecomes an affirmative defense to any charges of knowingly selling a gun to a prohibited person.

Most Americans selling guns in private transactions don’t want to sell to nutjobs or criminals. But they also don’t want to put up with what can be abusive state-level background checks.

California charges nearly $40 for such transfers and requires the buyer and seller to go to a gunstore to do it (and the buyer must return again ten days later to pick up the firearm). Also, using this optional system should also allow the user to bypass state-level background check laws like California’s.

The purpose of background checks at this point is to make it less likely that normal people will buy guns.

Criminals don’t go through background checks….they steal their guns or use straw buyers, people who can pass any background check……

The new demand for universal background checks is the anti-gunners trying to get gun registration…..so they have a list of gun owners when they get the power to ban guns.

Why am I right on those points?

Because with modern technology we could easily have a free, convenient, untraceable phone app that allows any gun owner to do a background check, anywhere, anytime, when they want to sell one of their privately owned guns…

There would not be any gun registration, and anyone can do it….

The fact that this would destroy any argument for gun registration is why anti-gunners hate this idea…..

The sole purpose of gun background checks for gun grabbers is to get to gun registration, and then they will use those lists to ban and confiscate guns as they get the power to ban and confiscate more and more categories of gun…..

As for background checks, the government should finally make the NICS system available as an app that anyone can access on their phones. It is ridiculous this still hasn’t been done in 2023.

I envision it working like this . . .

1. The individual buying a gun from you gives you a unique code.

2. You type it in and get an “all clear” and proceed with the sale.

3. This would be an optional system. However, using it before transferring a gunbecomes an affirmative defense to any charges of knowingly selling a gun to a prohibited person.

Most Americans selling guns in private transactions don’t want to sell to nutjobs or criminals. But they also don’t want to put up with what can be abusive state-level background checks.

California charges nearly $40 for such transfers and requires the buyer and seller to go to a gunstore to do it (and the buyer must return again ten days later to pick up the firearm). Also, using this optional system should also allow the user to bypass state-level background check laws like California’s.

Sounds like a great idea. I can see a couple of possible drawbacks, but nothing that couldn't be worked out.

Sounds like a great idea. I can see a couple of possible drawbacks, but nothing that couldn't be worked out.

Yep....and no gun registration, no permanent record......anyone can do it, anywhere, any time, and it is free and easy to use...........problem solved.

You want me to do background checks on my neighbors? No!

Forum List

Back