Universal background checks... really?

Progressives want Background checks on all private sales. Why? Who pays for that? Paying for an right?
That is definitely unconstitutional and absolutely ridiculous.

Any type of waiting period on an right? I don’t think so, definitely unconstitutional and absolutely ridiculous.
No one should have to wait more than seconds to purchase their firearms.

Obviously universal background checks I have nothing to do with firearms… Like always... it’s always been about control.
The fucking spineless gun grabbers can pound sand... lol
No, you're right. Background checks won't do the trick. Ban and confiscate assault rifles and mags over 10 rounds. Insist on safety courses and licensing, including a clean mental health evaluation, every five years, for any gun. Clean up the NICS data base so it actually contains the information needed to make an informed decision on a potential buyer's appropriateness for a gun.
Americans are stupid mental cases.

We can do just that! Every single thing you just posted is workable, just as soon as you repeal the Second Amendment. Why don't you get right on that project?
It can be done. I'd stand behind it.
Lol
The process requires that any proposed amendment to the Constitution be passed by both the House and the Senate with two-thirds majorities. It would then need to be ratified by three-fourths of the 50 states – or 38 of them.

Good luck you stupid bitch

Progressives want Background checks on all private sales. Why? Who pays for that? Paying for an right?

Any type of waiting period on an right? I don’t think so, definitely unconstitutional and absolutely ridiculous.

Obviously universal background checks I have nothing to do with firearms… Like always... it’s always been about control.
You have a right to bear arms not to sell them

Why do you want to sell guns to criminals?
Lol
Criminals do not legally buy firearms… In general.
You watch too many movies made by child molesting Hollywood types and fucked up main stream media.

And yes it’s a God-given right

All firearms were at one time legal
We need to find out how those guns get from the manufacturer to the criminal
Lol
The vast majority of violent crime in this country is done by repeat offenders in progressive controlled urban areas with extremely strict gun control laws.

How do you solve the violent crime problem? Execute all violent criminals… Problem solved

No, you're right. Background checks won't do the trick. Ban and confiscate assault rifles and mags over 10 rounds. Insist on safety courses and licensing, including a clean mental health evaluation, every five years, for any gun. Clean up the NICS data base so it actually contains the information needed to make an informed decision on a potential buyer's appropriateness for a gun.

We can do just that! Every single thing you just posted is workable, just as soon as you repeal the Second Amendment. Why don't you get right on that project?

Go right ahead! The vast majority of Americans disagree with you. Your chances of repealing the 2nd are nil and none!
The vast majority of Americans approve of background checks
Including gun owners
Lol
Until they read the fine print asshole

Go right ahead! The vast majority of Americans disagree with you. Your chances of repealing the 2nd are nil and none!
Including gun owner

Lol
You watch too many movies made by child molesting Hollywood types and fucked up main stream media.

Lol
The vast majority of violent crime in this country is done by repeat offenders in progressive controlled urban areas with extremely strict gun control laws.

How do you solve the violent crime problem? Execute all violent criminals… Problem solved
The guns come from somewhere

An unrestricted marketplace with few checks makes it easier for criminals

Every developed nation has people withmental health problems, violent video games and movies, depressed kids.

Only the US has the 2nd Amendment and a PAC dedicated to eliminating any restrictions on buying firearms.

So we have weekly mass shootings

That actually is totally untrue.
It is actually much easier to buy firearms in all other countries compared to the US, except maybe Japan.
The US has over 10,000 firearms laws, and most are complex federal laws, like it being illegal to even drive by a school with a firearm in the trunk of your car.
In other countries you may have to register or license, but that is much less complex than the finger printing and background check you have to do in the US.
All you have to do in the UK, France, Germany, etc., is to join a club and you then are guaranteed approval.
In places like Switzerland and Israel, the government is giving out guns for free, and almost mandating people be armed.

Including gun owner

Lol

Lol

Getting rid of the criminals would be the better choice… Criminals will always be criminals firearms have nothing to do with criminal activity

Every developed nation has people withmental health problems, violent video games and movies, depressed kids.

Only the US has the 2nd Amendment and a PAC dedicated to eliminating any restrictions on buying firearms.

Lol
So, Blame these guys not the firearms...

67893608_3090728487635565_6420598103153311744_o.jpg

If they couldn’t easily access firearms, most of their victims would still be alive.
Na, not really
Firearms have no control over people shit for brains

Can’t shoot someone if you don’t have a gun fuck face.

You can't stop people from getting guns by just passing more laws.
The failure of the War on Drugs certainly did not at all reduce drug access or use, so should have taught people something.

And if guns are so bad, then why do we give them to police.
Police have a much worse record of illegally murdering innocent people with firearms than average people do.
If you want to actually accomplish anything good with gun control, then you should start with the worst offenders, the police.
There were no police back in the Founder's times, and we should try to remain more like what the Founders wanted, because that worked better.

Lol

If they couldn’t easily access firearms, most of their victims would still be alive.

I always have my weapons loaded and accessible.

They are useless unloaded and locked away...

Including gun owner

Lol

Lol

The DOJ statistics say that 30% of guns used in crimes are home made.
A large % also come into the US from the drug traffic, since all those involved in drug traffic need to be armed, and don't want any paper trail.
In fact, the DOJ estimates that over 90% of all murders in the US are due to the War on Drugs.
The War on Drugs drive up drug profits, and without being able to use checks, banks, or credit cards, drug dealers are most vulnerable to crime due to the amounts of cash.

Gun control is wrong because you would have to eliminate all private firearms in order to be able to begin to even make a little dent in the number of guns by criminals. And that would be horrendous because there would be no defensive weapons. Do you really think a 30 minute police response time is going to prevent your murder?

And the US gun market has never been unrestricted. There are no gun shows that do not mandate background checks.
The media is just lying. When you buy a gun over the internet, you are required to provide the address of an FFL it can be shipped to. You can only send a firearm to dealer. No private person can get a firearm shipped to them.

It is actually much easier to buy firearms in all other countries compared to the US, except maybe Japan.
The US has over 10,000 firearms laws, and most are complex federal laws, like it being illegal to even drive by a school with a firearm in the trunk of your car.
In other countries you may have to register or license, but that is much less complex than the finger printing and background check you have to do in the US.
All you have to do in the UK, France, Germany, etc., is to join a club and you then are guaranteed approval.
In places like Switzerland and Israel, the government is giving out guns for free, and almost mandating people be armed.
That is the opposite of what I've read from almost every other source. Where are you getting this information? I'd be real interested in a link.

Lol

Na, not really
Firearms have no control over people shit for brains

Can’t shoot someone if you don’t have a gun fuck face.

You can't stop people from getting guns by just passing more laws.
The failure of the War on Drugs certainly did not at all reduce drug access or use, so should have taught people something.

And if guns are so bad, then why do we give them to police.
Police have a much worse record of illegally murdering innocent people with firearms than average people do.
If you want to actually accomplish anything good with gun control, then you should start with the worst offenders, the police.
There were no police back in the Founder's times, and we should try to remain more like what the Founders wanted, because that worked better.
Okay, buddy. You're off the wall.

Including gun owner

Lol

Lol

Getting rid of the criminals would be the better choice… Criminals will always be criminals firearms have nothing to do with criminal activity
Locking them up is after the fact

No law, no single provision of a regulation will ever, and has never stopped criminal actions. Speed limits have not eradicated high speed highway accidents. No building codes have ever ended building fires.

But who would argue that speed limits have substantially reduced high speed airomobile accidents? Who would argue that building codes have been totally ineffective in making construction standards higher and therefore safer?

The Gun Culture is retrenching so deeply in the canard that massively popular, common sense gun safety regulations inevitably result in gun confiscation. The 'slippery slope' doctrine.

Those who successfully introduced Prohibition used the same intractable political tact. The most obstinate politics in 20th century American politics. But when faced with overwhelming popular opposition, they held fast until they were utterly smashed. A few compromises would most certainly saved the Prohibition movement.

No law, no single provision of a regulation will ever, and has never stopped criminal actions. Speed limits have not eradicated high speed highway accidents. No building codes have ever ended building fires.

But who would argue that speed limits have substantially reduced high speed airomobile accidents? Who would argue that building codes have been totally ineffective in making construction standards higher and therefore safer?

The Gun Culture is retrenching so deeply in the canard that massively popular, common sense gun safety regulations inevitably result in gun confiscation. The 'slippery slope' doctrine.

Those who successfully introduced Prohibition used the same intractable political tact. The most obstinate politics in 20th century American politics. But when faced with overwhelming popular opposition, they held fast until they were utterly smashed. A few compromises would most certainly saved the Prohibition movement.
I followed you 'til the last paragraph. I thought Prohibition won? For a time, anyway. Be a little more clear. I'm interested. I think the gun lovers are shooting themselves in the proverbial foot by refusing to give an inch.

Actually, that is exactly what happened. The restrictions after Prohibition was retracted were more stringent than before Prohibition. That was the reason many of the States agreed to get rid of it. Had the States agreed to those restrictions in the first place there would have been no Prohibition and probably no really bad Mob problems since it was Booze Running that first brought those wonderful characters into being in the first place.

Good luck with that it's time to go to the election office and get names of registered democrats

he went postal so it was fitting he grabbed a mail truck
Still wondering if any ssris involved

The Texas madman who went on a mobile shooting spree had been fired from his job just hours before his rampage — and had previously failed a background check, according to new reports.

Seth Ator, 36, had been axed from his trucking job a few hours before he killed seven and injured 22 in a spree in Odessa that started with a routine traffic stop on Saturday, authorities told the New York Times.

Odessa Police Chief Michael Gerke did not mention the firing at a press briefing Sunday, instead insisting there were “no definitive answers as to motive or reasons at this point.”

Ator used an “AR-type weapon” in his attack, and police say they are still investigating how he got it — especially in light of a revelation by state Rep. Tom Craddick, who said Ator had previously failed a background check, according to the Midland Reporter-Telegram.

No details were given as to what caused him to fail.

ya see once we just confiscate the millions upon millions upon millions of guns from private law abiding citizens we'll all be super extra safe.

it'll be utopia once only the government and criminals have fire arms

That is the opposite of what I've read from almost every other source. Where are you getting this information? I'd be real interested in a link.

Yup

he went postal so it was fitting he grabbed a mail truck
Still wondering if any ssris involved

The Texas madman who went on a mobile shooting spree had been fired from his job just hours before his rampage — and had previously failed a background check, according to new reports.

Seth Ator, 36, had been axed from his trucking job a few hours before he killed seven and injured 22 in a spree in Odessa that started with a routine traffic stop on Saturday, authorities told the New York Times.

Odessa Police Chief Michael Gerke did not mention the firing at a press briefing Sunday, instead insisting there were “no definitive answers as to motive or reasons at this point.”

Ator used an “AR-type weapon” in his attack, and police say they are still investigating how he got it — especially in light of a revelation by state Rep. Tom Craddick, who said Ator had previously failed a background check, according to the Midland Reporter-Telegram.

No details were given as to what caused him to fail.

ya see once we just confiscate the millions upon millions upon millions of guns from private law abiding citizens we'll all be super extra safe.

it'll be utopia once only the government and criminals have fire arms

You will notice that there is a second person that is held over the shooting. No speculation why. But want to bet that it's a buddy that provided him with the weapon, mags and ammo?

And how often is the generally perceived view wrong when the media wants it to be wrong, like Iraq having WMD?
The reality is that full auto firearms were banned in 1934 by the National Firearms Act, and the problem with that is it is illegal. Regardless of whether or not firearms are an individual right, there can be no doubt the 2nd amendment prohibited any and all federal jurisdiction. All things that can be done by the states, should be done by the states, and not federal level.
Then the 1968 and 1993 federal acts made firearms far more difficult than in most countries.
{...
The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits persons under eighteen years of age, convicted criminals, the mentally disabled, dishonorably discharged military personnel, and others from purchasing firearms. In 1993, the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act mandated background checks for all unlicensed persons purchasing a firearm from a federally authorized dealer.
...}
How do U.S. gun laws compare to other countries?
The only way to really get a feel for US gun laws is to peruse them yourself, or else you are just getting opinion.
Guns in the United States — Firearms, gun law and gun control
But the myths are widespread and false. For example, one is that guns are not tracked, and the reality is they are, just by dealers, not federal agents. Another is that it is easy to bypass background checks at gun shows or over the internet, and both of those are just lies. There has not be a gun show allowing sales without background checks for over 20 years, and all internet sales and shipments are only through licensed dealers. And the reality is that everyone would prefer to always do background checks, but the FBI won't let them. They ONLY allow licensed dealers conduct background checks, and licensed dealers charge $20 or more to conduct one.
But other countries are much easier than they pretend.
For example, in 1996 Australia claimed to ban all semi auto firearms, and that is not true.
They only had 15% compliance with a buy back, so that mean 85% of the now illegal firearms are still out there in Australia, and simply no one cares. It was all just for show. The violence went down without any real reduction in semi auto firearms.
To give you an example of the complexity of US gun law, here is a link to the Federal Firearms Act of 1968.
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/STATUTE-82/pdf/STATUTE-82-Pg1213-2.pdf
Each of the 24 pages is full of restrictions and limitations, most of which do not make any real sense.
In comparison, I have relatives in Europe, who tell me that gun ownership is trivial, and all they have to do is talk to the local police station, or join some sort of gun club.

Forum List

Back