Ungrateful, entitled woman receives box of food instead of food stamps & wants to send it back

there are ways to do it-------way back when I was young----
impoverished people DID get some staples.----government
stuff like American cheese, oil -----I think also rice. That
sort of stuff plus some "food stamp" allotment seems ok to me. Just about everyone eats it-----the target seemed to
be children and HOME GROWN stuff. ----also peanut butter.
As far as the PRE-PACK meals in the envelope------that's
MILITARY MRE s----------FORGET IT!!!!

but that isn't the goal of this... it's a) put money into the hands of their buddies who own/deliver the food; and b) humiliate people.

iirc, the reason they gave out "government cheese" is because there was a huge dairy surplus and it helped dairy farmers (or some senator who represented dairy farmers).

I am fully aware of the SURPLUS issue ----AND I SUPPORT
ENCOURAGEMENT OF AGRICULTURE------So long as it
is beneficial ---------keeping THIS COUNTRY food independent is very important -------I see no reason to subsidize Portugese sardines or products from Indonesia or
unidentifiable fish sauce from china. We SHOULD be producing wheat and rice and milk for ALL ------right here.
-----and tomatoes from Jersey......,for American "red gravy"----for New York pizza.

er..... which has what to do with humiliating people?
Sending free food to a person is humiliating to them?

In what utterly bizarre world is that?
Damn us all for not flying out Emeril so he could cook her the type of meal you think she deserves for her illiteracy and air of entitlement.
It is about the Nanny-Statism involved over Individual Liberty.
No, it's not.
Individual liberty is not taking the handout at all.

As they say, beggars can't be choosers. If you don't like the charity people give you, you are perfectly welcome to buy what you want. That's individual liberty.

I was just at a food donation drop off for women and children of domestic violence. They got choices like bags of potatoes, Oranges,Grapefruits,Lemons,Limes Bell Peppers,celery,lettuce,tomatoes, large bags of FrozenTurkey Legs,Cans of Ravioli,boxes of hot pockets from Costco,bread,Milk,peanut butter ,jelly and they were allowed to fill up three boxes per family. Different food choices every month.

Nothing wrong with staples instead of food stamps.
Isn't the Republican position they must be lazy so fuk 'em, let 'em starve?

Today you can walk into any Sprouts and buy Mangos 2/1.00,heads of lettuce .99 ea,bundles of green onions and /or radishes 2/1.00 ,Celery bundles .99 ea, cabbage .49 lb, Brussels sprouts .98 lb ,bags of carrots for .77 ea and crates of strawberries for 2/4.00.

There you go approx 20.00 or so for a weeks worth of fruit and veggies for a family of 5.

Good grief woman. That sounds all and good WHERE YOU LIVE, but not everyone has a Sprouts, whatever that is, to go to. Hell, some people don't have the money to own a car and pay insurance on it... and not all place have public transportation to get there. You know what places we have in the city I live in? An IGA, a Walmart, a Family Dollar, FOUR Dollar Generals, and a Save-a-lot. Some people live within walking distance of a Dollar General, and that's where they HAVE to buy their groceries. Some even have to live off of buying all their groceries from Mom & Pop stores that are set up in the really rural areas, at which there are no fresh ingredients and all the canned and frozen foods are marked up.

I love how some of you think everyone lives in a place like the one you live in. That's not reality.
Walmart sells deli bread at reduced prices On the weekends( .39,.49,.59 ea). As well as reduced family sized salad kits (around 1.79/2.63 ea which includes fixings and dressing), reduced meats such as stew kits (sometimes around 4.63 which includes meat,carrots,onions,potatoes,spices) and reduced rotisserie chickens anywhere from 1.79/2.19 ea
Chicken broth .50, can of black beans .79 can of corn.50 can of stewed tomatoes .79 ,Box of mashed potatoes or stuffing 1.00 ea. Gallon of milk 1.99

There you go

Approx 20.00 for dinner for 5 for 3 days.

Chicken tortilla soup and bread
Rotisserie chicken with stuffing/ potatoes/ salad
Beef stew ,salad and bread.

Walmart is in town... how do you expect people that live out in the holler with no car to get there to buy it?
So now your argument isn't that they can't eat healthy on a budget it's that they have no stores to shop in to spend their SNAP money.

Yet you are against government supplied food boxes with fruits and veggies and other supplements.

Sounds like you are just full of shit to me.

No, my argument has ALWAYS been, people live in different situations, and you can't argue that they can live a certain way based on YOUR environment. In order to own a car and drive it, it not only cost money to buy the car, you have to also pay for gas, and it is the law you must have insurance. If a person is on food stamps, what do you think the chances are that they can afford $100 a month or more for car insurance?

So they are left either asking for rides to the store and back, OR they are stuck buying groceries from the stores within walking distance, which most often are only Dollar General or a Mom & Pop store, which NEITHER carry fresh fruit and vegetables. Also, if they have to walk to the grocery store and back, then they can only buy as many groceries as they can carry.

If the government food boxes are like the one in the video, they are NOT fresh fruit and vegetables. Did you watch the video?
Sure I can. I live in one of the poorest states in the nation. I know where the poor shop and I'm not buying this line of crap that you are selling that there are just no stores for poor people to shop in.

And yet you want them to get more SNAP money to spend at Dollar General buying twinkies,sodas and cans of spahgettio's.

Libetals are full of shit.

Good grief woman. That sounds all and good WHERE YOU LIVE, but not everyone has a Sprouts, whatever that is, to go to. Hell, some people don't have the money to own a car and pay insurance on it... and not all place have public transportation to get there. You know what places we have in the city I live in? An IGA, a Walmart, a Family Dollar, FOUR Dollar Generals, and a Save-a-lot. Some people live within walking distance of a Dollar General, and that's where they HAVE to buy their groceries. Some even have to live off of buying all their groceries from Mom & Pop stores that are set up in the really rural areas, at which there are no fresh ingredients and all the canned and frozen foods are marked up.

I love how some of you think everyone lives in a place like the one you live in. That's not reality.
Walmart sells deli bread at reduced prices On the weekends( .39,.49,.59 ea). As well as reduced family sized salad kits (around 1.79/2.63 ea which includes fixings and dressing), reduced meats such as stew kits (sometimes around 4.63 which includes meat,carrots,onions,potatoes,spices) and reduced rotisserie chickens anywhere from 1.79/2.19 ea
Chicken broth .50, can of black beans .79 can of corn.50 can of stewed tomatoes .79 ,Box of mashed potatoes or stuffing 1.00 ea. Gallon of milk 1.99

There you go

Walmart is in town... how do you expect people that live out in the holler with no car to get there to buy it?
So now your argument isn't that they can't eat healthy on a budget it's that they have no stores to shop in to spend their SNAP money.

Yet you are against government supplied food boxes with fruits and veggies and other supplements.

No, my argument has ALWAYS been, people live in different situations, and you can't argue that they can live a certain way based on YOUR environment. In order to own a car and drive it, it not only cost money to buy the car, you have to also pay for gas, and it is the law you must have insurance. If a person is on food stamps, what do you think the chances are that they can afford $100 a month or more for car insurance?

So they are left either asking for rides to the store and back, OR they are stuck buying groceries from the stores within walking distance, which most often are only Dollar General or a Mom & Pop store, which NEITHER carry fresh fruit and vegetables. Also, if they have to walk to the grocery store and back, then they can only buy as many groceries as they can carry.

If the government food boxes are like the one in the video, they are NOT fresh fruit and vegetables. Did you watch the video?
Sure I can. I live in one of the poorest states in the nation. I know where the poor shop and I'm not buying this line of crap that you are selling that there are just no stores for poor people to shop in.

And yet you want them to get more SNAP money to spend at Dollar General buying twinkies,sodas and cans of spahgettio's.

Feel free to use Google Earth and look at Whitley County KY darlin. You don't live here, and obviously you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. It would be like me trying to tell someone in Spain where they need to shop.

I did ...
50 pounds of dried beans, 20 pounds of rice, 20 pounds of onions and 20 pounds of smoked sausage ... Equals $310 online.

Yeah... the problem is, that's not exactly a well-rounded diet. How much vitamin C is in that? How much iron? How many B vitamins? How much folic acid which is important for kids and their nervous system development?
Today you can walk into any Sprouts and buy Mangos 2/1.00,heads of lettuce .99 ea,bundles of green onions and /or radishes 2/1.00 ,Celery bundles .99 ea, cabbage .49 lb, Brussels sprouts .98 lb ,bags of carrots for .77 ea and crates of strawberries for 2/4.00.

There you go approx 20.00 or so for a weeks worth of fruit and veggies for a family of 5.

There you go

Poor folks can apply for free monthly bus passes. Ride the bus.

BTW Local farmers markets also take SNAP or in the case of seniors government supplied produce coupons that they are given along with their food boxes.

Yeah... the problem is, that's not exactly a well-rounded diet. How much vitamin C is in that? How much iron? How many B vitamins? How much folic acid which is important for kids and their nervous system development?

There you go

Poor folks can apply for free monthly bus passes. Ride the bus.

What bus? :abgg2q.jpg:

The closest thing to a bus here is a thing called R-tech, and if you call them to take you to the store it cost like $10, and you only get like an hour to shop.

BTW Local farmers markets also take SNAP or in the case of seniors government supplied produce coupons that they are given along with their food boxes.

Actually not only do they take food stamps, but people that get food stamps and have children can get extra $20 (I think) tickets they can only use there. But then again, you also have to go to the food stamp office to get them, and then you have to get a ride to the farmer's market that is either held downtown, or WAY OUT in Goldbug that is in the middle of nowhere. So once again, all places that require transportation.

There you go

Feel free to use Google Earth and look at Whitley County KY darlin. You don't live here, and obviously you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. It would be like me trying to tell someone in Spain where they need to shop.
Even dollar tree sells both canned and frozen veggies and fruit (canned veggies being .79 ea). Oatmeal, rice,beans,granola bars,dried fruit and nuts. Canned and frozen fish ( tuna,salmon,oysters,clams,cod). Frozen and canned chicken,eggs, rib eyes that are good for stir fry as well as pork. Poor folks can find healthy choices there if needed.

As does Family Dollar store ( they are owned by the same company)

I'm sure Dollar General does too since you insist that they eat there instead of getting government subsidies.

Even dollar tree sells both canned and frozen veggies and fruit (canned veggies being .79 ea). Oatmeal, rice,beans,granola bars,dried fruit and nuts. Canned and frozen fish ( tuna,salmon,oysters,clams,cod). Frozen and canned chicken,eggs, rib eyes that are good for stir fry as well as pork. Poor folks can find healthy choices there if needed.

I'm sure Dollar General does too since you insist that they eat there instead of getting government subsidies.

...and you are ignoring what I said. I said they don't sell FRESH fruit and vegetables like you were commenting. They also don't sell a bunch of frozen stuff. They might have 3 freezers in the entire store.

How much do you think it costs to feed a family of 7 people for a month?
And why should people who have only the family they can support pay for feeding the kids of others?
Exactly. I take care of mine plus a couple seniors not related...why am I expected or to feed more moochers of liberal choosing than I can afford on my income?
end our war on drugs, right wingers. don't be all talk and no action.

So... grab three rib eyes ( 2 to a pack), bag frozen stir fry veggies ( 1 bell pepper blend 1 veggie blend). 1 shaker of salt free seasoning. 1 bottle soy sauce. 1 bag rice.

$ 8.00 for dinner for 5

Bag of beans,can Jallepenos, frozen or minced onions,can ham or chicken. Loaf of bread/corn bread mix.

$5.00/6.00 for dinner for 5

So... grab three rib eyes ( 2 to a pack), bag frozen stir fry veggies ( 1 bell pepper blend 1 veggie blend). 1 shaker of salt free seasoning. 1 bottle soy sauce. 1 bag rice.

$ 8.00 for dinner for 5

Bag of beans,can Jallepenos, frozen or minced onions,can ham or chicken. Loaf of bread/corn bread mix.

$5.00/6.00 for dinner for 5

You think they sell ribeye at Dollar General? :abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

...and you are ignoring what I said. I said they don't sell FRESH fruit and vegetables like you were commenting. They also don't sell a bunch of frozen stuff. They might have 3 freezers in the entire store.
I visit 5 Dollar Tree stores every month if they have freezers they sell the items I listed plus others.

Did I mention that I am a personal shopper for several seniors on a limited income?

I know what stores sell :)

Would you try a dollar store steak?

Dollar store testers suggest also using these for fajitas. All ingredients you can also buy at dollar tree.

Last edited:
but that isn't the goal of this... it's a) put money into the hands of their buddies who own/deliver the food; and b) humiliate people.

iirc, the reason they gave out "government cheese" is because there was a huge dairy surplus and it helped dairy farmers (or some senator who represented dairy farmers).

I am fully aware of the SURPLUS issue ----AND I SUPPORT
ENCOURAGEMENT OF AGRICULTURE------So long as it
is beneficial ---------keeping THIS COUNTRY food independent is very important -------I see no reason to subsidize Portugese sardines or products from Indonesia or
unidentifiable fish sauce from china. We SHOULD be producing wheat and rice and milk for ALL ------right here.
-----and tomatoes from Jersey......,for American "red gravy"----for New York pizza.

er..... which has what to do with humiliating people?
Sending free food to a person is humiliating to them?

In what utterly bizarre world is that?
Damn us all for not flying out Emeril so he could cook her the type of meal you think she deserves for her illiteracy and air of entitlement.
It is about the Nanny-Statism involved over Individual Liberty.
No, it's not.
Individual liberty is not taking the handout at all.

As they say, beggars can't be choosers. If you don't like the charity people give you, you are perfectly welcome to buy what you want. That's individual liberty.
maybe in a more perfect world. why not end the drug war, to help feed everyone?

I visit 5 Dollar Tree stores every month if they have freezers they sell the items I listed plus others.

Did I mention that I am a personal shopper for several seniors on a limited income?

Cool beans, but Dollar General stores are owned as franchise stores, and not every one of them are the same. Have you shopped in a Dollar General in Whitley County Ky? I'm not a personal shopper for anyone but myself, but I have shopped here.

Your comment is completely idiotic.

Cool beans, but Dollar General stores are owned as franchise stores, and not every one of them are the same. Have you shopped in a Dollar General in Whitley County Ky? I'm not a personal shopper for anyone but myself, but I have shopped here.

I belong to a group that has members all over the United States that shop the dollar stores. I know which products they review and which are very popular with folks on a budget trying to eat healthy . And that are sold nationwide. Why? Because once again I am a personal shopper for seniors on a budget.

I belong to a group that has members all over the United States that shop the dollar stores. I know which products they review and which are very popular with folks on a budget trying to eat healthy . And that are sold nationwide. Why? Because once again I am a personal shopper for seniors on a budget.

Let me repeat this back to you.

You, who has never been to the area I live in, thinks you KNOW the products sold in the stores where I live better than me, who lives and shops there?

Read that sentence and let it sink in. Then read it again... and because it is you, read it again. Then think how stupid you sound.

Then let's see how confident you are. We can make a bet and when I go out tomorrow I'll take pictures of the freezer section of the Dollar General down the road and see who's right. Are you that confident?

Dumbass where I live in Kentucky I am surrounded by what many would consider "White trash," that is A LOT worse than the woman in that video. You should see the front yards of some of the trailers on the outskirts of town. It's a fucking joke. Just because a person is poor doesn't mean they have to live the way they do around here. Fact is, no matter what race someone is, there are lazy nasty people of all kinds.

The mentality of that blacks that they are owed is not found among poor whites.

Let me repeat this back to you.

You, who has never been to the area I live in, thinks you KNOW the products sold in the stores where I live better than me, who lives and shops there?

Read that sentence and let it sink in. Then read it again... and because it is you, read it again. Then think how stupid you sound.

Then let's see how confident you are. We can make a bet and when I go out tomorrow I'll take pictures of the freezer section of the Dollar General down the road and see who's right. Are you that confident?
Sorry dufus I'm not buying your bullshit that there are absolutely no stores where the people in your state can shop for healthy food on a budget. And that they all have to buy their groceries from Dollar General.

You already said there is a Walmart and Kroger is a big chain out there as well.

I believe you also said Save a lot.

Which by the way has oranges for .49 lb. Cantelope for 1.99 ea. 5 lb bags of potatoes for 2.99 and Coyote squash for .49 ea.

Plus Chicken .49 lb

See there ... healthy and on sale.

Forum List

Back