Unfilled jobs combined with high unemployment

turbofish

Gold Member
Apr 19, 2021
It has all been kind of weird. Usually when there is high unemployment combined with plenty of jobs, the problem usually solves itself. The unemployed people get the jobs. Until this year.
They have even increased wages especially for lower paying jobs. No change.
Reasons that I've heard about:
- the pandemic made people to reassessment of their work-life balance. They got use to not working so many hours and wish to continue.
- Extended unemployment along with additional federal funds didn't turn out to be a great motivator for people returning back to work.
- They don't want non fulfilling jobs. No working in restaurants, that is just beneath them.
- Scared to get out. Covid has thrown Agoraphobia into high gear for many people.
- changes in younger willingness to work. There is a new movement that started in China that has quickly migrated to the rest of the world. Lying Flat/tang ping - to do as little as possible. Watch TV, play video games and just don't work. This appears to be only happening with younger people under the age of 35

Are we just seeing laziness?

It's so ironic. Americans have too many jobs, in Canada we have too few and those of us talented enough to fill them are denied the ability thanks to the Creepy Ones.

Do NOT become like us. Better to have your problem than ours.

Anomalism
No. People are being paid a lot of money for UE. Ever since this Chines virus mess started people have been paid a good chunk of change to sit on their asses at home. Why work when you can make more money sitting on your ass at home.

Where I live there are hiring signs all over. I spoke to one lady at Circle K and she said they can't get anyone. Same with every one with hiring signs.

Anomalism
No. People are being paid a lot of money for UE. Ever since this Chines virus mess started people have been paid a good chunk of change to sit on their asses at home. Why work when you can make more money sitting on your ass at home.

Where I live there are hiring signs all over. I spoke to one lady at Circle K and she said they can't get anyone. Same with every one with hiring signs.
I don't think I'd work at Circle K unless I had absolutely no other choice.

Obviously the wages are so shitty that an increase has not given the appropriate incentivization. If the wages keep going up the jobs will get filled.
Wages are higher than ever before for this age group and jobs.

It has all been kind of weird. Usually when there is high unemployment combined with plenty of jobs, the problem usually solves itself. The unemployed people get the jobs. Until this year.
They have even increased wages especially for lower paying jobs. No change.
Reasons that I've heard about:
- the pandemic made people to reassessment of their work-life balance. They got use to not working so many hours and wish to continue.
- Extended unemployment along with additional federal funds didn't turn out to be a great motivator for people returning back to work.
- They don't want non fulfilling jobs. No working in restaurants, that is just beneath them.
- Scared to get out. Covid has thrown Agoraphobia into high gear for many people.
- changes in younger willingness to work. There is a new movement that started in China that has quickly migrated to the rest of the world. Lying Flat/tang ping - to do as little as possible. Watch TV, play video games and just don't work. This appears to be only happening with younger people under the age of 35

Are we just seeing laziness?
why work when xiden and the dems are paying people to stay home?

The problem is, sooner or later you run out of everybody else’s money

Obviously the wages are so shitty that an increase has not given the appropriate incentivization. If the wages keep going up the jobs will get filled.
Oh I think there are a lot of lazy folks out there that decided they just don't want to work, especially with the $300 federal kicker. We are encouraging people to stay home and get paid. The wages generally are what they were prior to the pandemic.

Forum List

Back